2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

Just spoke to dreamworld and they let slip that the Train is also closed for the same constriction. I wonder what construction needs all that closed???

Their website also confirms that as it is down on the exact same days as the Rapids. It would have to be for a Roller Coaster due to its size. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

But this just says that it is going to be a building structure not roller coaster supports as they are exactly like those support you posted.

Look, it doesn't matter if they are constructing a building, or a coaster or a giant donkey statue, if they plan on painting it onsite, it will arrive reddish brown.

Only problem they're only closed for a month not 3.

It only has to be closed for as long as the bits of construction directly affecting the rapids take place.

It only has to be closed for as long as the bits of construction directly affecting the rapids take place.

I aggree with you there 100%

Look, it doesn't matter if they are constructing a building, or a coaster or a giant donkey statue, if they plan on painting it onsite, it will arrive reddish brown.

I think a Giant Donkey Statue Idea is great.

Hmm, it could well be an X-Car/Skywheel type coaster...Check out these supports for comparsion: http://www.rcdb.com/2773.htm?p=10688 In terms of what we can expect. X-Coaster at Magic Springs (The basic model, with no full layout, just the two inversions) as $4 Mil USD in 2006... DW could possibly push for a bit more than that with the $6 Mil budget, so at best I reckon we’ll get something of the scale of Abismo at Parque de Attractiones Madrid....The basic layout with a couple of turns and an airtime hill.

Edited by Gazza

Hmm, it could well be an X-Car/Skywheel type coaster...Check out these supports for comparsion: http://www.rcdb.com/2773.htm?p=10688 In terms of what we can expect. X-Coaster at Magic Springs (The basic model, with no full layout, just the two inversions) as $4 Mil USD in 2006... DW could possibly push for a bit more than that with the $6 Mil budget, so at best I reckon we’ll get something of the scale of Abismo at Parque de Attractiones Madrid....The basic layout with a couple of turns and an airtime hill.

Please let there be more than just the basic layout! Here's hoping for an airtime hill and some other elements. Don't cheap out on us Dreamworld and build another 5 second ride!

Not to make an argument, but which recent rides at DW would you classify as short? Claw isnt, Wipeout isnt, Cyclone isnt, Motocoaster isnt (Since its so slow to negotiate the course :P) Giant Drop takes while to do its cycle. The three water rides are of a decent length. You could only really classify TOT2 as being short, but thats one ride.

An anonymous emailer stated that the project name is 'Project 1876' (also the same as the est. date of Maurer).

Huh? what do you mean by the "Estimated date of Maurer"? PS, why haven't you posted the photo here instead of making people hunt for it? Edited by Gazza

Huh? what do you mean by the "Estimated date of Maurer"?

Gazza, EST. is short for Established. Like when a Company Started.for eg They state on there site: The establishment of Maurer Söhne GmbH & Co. KG in Munich dates back to the year 1876 :) I would like to see this email too. I have hopes its a Custom built Maurer Söhne XCoaster

Gazza, EST. is short for Established. Like when a Company Started.for eg They state on there site: The establishment of Maurer Söhne GmbH & Co. KG in Munich dates back to the year 1876 :) I would like to see this email too. I have hopes its a Custom built Maurer Söhne XCoaster

"Hollywood (rip ride rockit) on the Gold Coast"! Oh wait - that's Movie World XD

Not to make an argument, but which recent rides at DW would you classify as short? Claw isn’t, Wipeout isn’t, Cyclone isn’t, Motocoaster isn’t (Since its so slow to negotiate the course :P) Giant Drop takes while to do its cycle. The three water rides are of a decent length. You could only really classify TOT2 as being short, but that’s one ride.

When i say short I mean short on thrill time. Plus compared to US park the Motocoaster is short. The Giant drop is only about a few seconds one you reach the top. Cyclone, claw and wipeout are the only longer thrill rides.

I simply didn't post a picture because I forgot? Is that OK to you? 253063_163736210355959_152421251487455_382646_7470713_n.jpg The emailer asked not to be named. In the email they said how they know information about it going 'Straight up, then back down, then under itself'. Then they said 'Code name ..project 1876 apparently'.

I simply didn't post a picture because I forgot? Is that OK to you?

No.

Plus compared to US park the Motocoaster is short.

Not really, its a bit longer than comparable rides like the OCC Motocoaster at Darien Lake and Pony Express at Knotts (No other rides of this type exist in the US apart from those)

The establishment of Maurer Söhne GmbH & Co. KG in Munich dates back to the year 1876

My crackpot number theory is that 1976 has some sort of significance in the Gold Rush era.

The Giant drop is only about a few seconds one you reach the top

....But it's a drop tower :wacko:

I'll take that bet and raise you a crunchie

+1

Next bet, anyone else reckon it will be themed to be like a mining poppet head or similar? http://www.google.com.au/search?q=poppet+head&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=929&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=jIbfTaPHBILGvQPFhoThBQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CA8Q_AUoAQ

Yes Gazza exactly what I was thinking. At least, let's HOPE it's themed. And since it's located in Gold Rush Country let's hope it does take on the goldrush theme, which so far it appears it will. Maybe they could even do something like the Saw roller coaster or mystery mine ride whereby the vertical lift is actually a dark section housed in a giant mine shaft with appropriate visual and sound effects