2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

I've been on a couple of diskos, basically, the harness shuts automatically like the ones on Wipeout, except it never releases slightly. Rather, it keeps putting pressure on the whole time. The padding also has 3 annoying ridges on it rather than just being a rounded pad, so you do feel them a little bit. Nothing unbearable overall though.

I also have to say i quite enjoyed the experience created by shockwave. My first time on a Disko and i really enjoyed it. One thing though the area is very poorly done. Still Temp construction fencing keeping people out of the ride envelope. The que rail system is also rather poor when it comes to large crowds. Small pebbles in the garden around the que rails, they seem to be a great hit for the teenagers, chucking them at the ride in motion seems to make the wait go a little faster for them. They have 5 little boxes you could purchase at a discount store, cable tired to the fence. 5 small boxes half the size of a shoe box for 24 riders to put there belongings in. Which genius come up with that idea. So they kinda got half way through the fencing on the right hand side of the load station and by the looks of it went mehhh, and decided to tie a metal bar to the end of the half finished fencing, then used a tree branch down the other end as the other support. Its a half finished Product, but i mean what could you expect. They should have at least waited until Sept. Im interested to see how the area is in a month. One other thing that really ticks me off about dreamworld is there really tacky laminated A4 paper signs to tell guests information. It looks very unprofessional, Invest in a sign writing Dept and get decent signs, or at least take a page out of VRTP book and go crazy with Aframe signs it will look just a little better.

That surely can't be a Skyloop with that layout for the 2 main support structures that have gone vertical?! Possible a launch X-Coaster?

Had me for a second...But notice one of them isn't actually bolted to the ground with plates like the other, but rather sitting on what appears to be wooden blocks. I'm guessing it will just be craned on top of the other one. Dodge...got a higher res version of the photo to possibly confirm this? Edited by Gazza

Did you notice the location of any other footings? Just another thing, Could you tell if the 2nd part of the tower was bolted to the gound or are they just fabricating the tower on the ground and lifting it into place?

Edited by Troy81

Had me for a second...But notice one of them isn't actually bolted to the ground with plates like the other, but rather sitting on what appears to be wooden blocks. I'm guessing it will just be craned on top of the other one.

Haha I just went through exactly the same thing Gazza! I got all excited and thought maybe it was actually going to be more than just a loop! Maybe Parkz was actually wrong! Then reality kicked in and I remembered it is Dreamworld. That's when I noticed the structure not bolted down

I couldn't find my camera so I used my phone for the photos. I noticed the second tower structure is not siting on wooden blocks from what I seen, there is a hole cut into the tar where each post is siting inside. This is either concreted into the ground not bolted to concrete or they have cut holes into the tar and placed it in the holes ready for a crane??, I noticed a thrid being built I beleive siting on its side also shown in a photo. Maybe they are palying tricks with us.

Edited by dodge53

I'm another one of the group who was excited until Gazzas post, good spot though! Yeah as someone else said did you notice any other footings? Also, to me this is more and more looking like a parking lot coaster -_- I mean it's not built on ANY gold-miny terrain, the supports are brown but the track red (?) it's built on a parking lot! Are we going to see another Cyclone and have a pretty cool themed station then just nothing? God I hope they do something good with the theming although I doubt it, with the budget/time constraints and all... Any ideas on how the story line/theme/location will be built in the the whole Eureka theme?