2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

Jobe considering there stocks have plummeted in the last week the and its only going to get worse the company isn't going to spend big bucks on an attraction.

You are probably right that Dreamworld will not be adding anything big for a while. There has been significant investment over this past year and tradtionally, this probably means that the park was not planning on investing in anything new after such a busy fiscal year. I think it would be at LEAST another 2 years before management even look at expanding further. I do think, however, that you are pinning your opinion on very recent events, which I believe will have no bearing on any decisions that have been made regarding this year or the next. Who knows?? 2 years is a long time and if the current global economic crisis is still occuring, THEN these events will have bearing on any decisions being made. However, if there is a turnaround, plans could still be made for the park to add further attractions.

This would be a fantastic time to go looking to buy rides! Manufacturers would be keen to sign up for firm orders to ensure an ongoing workload. Meanwhile, slightly off topic, does anyone know how the ride purchase process goes? I'm guessing here, but I imagine parks would purchase options on different models of rides from different manufacturers, then firm them up when the timing is right for them - similar to airlines having firm orders and options on aircraft from Airbus and Boeing.

Some Pics taken today for your viewing pleasure post-1981-0-43373700-1313473774_thumb.jp From the far end of the carpark Buzzsaw looks impressive post-1981-0-92373500-1313473867_thumb.jp post-1981-0-76244500-1313473908_thumb.jp The initial section after the chain lift is now in place. Riders will soon be dangling upside down here post-1981-0-74831400-1313473953_thumb.jp The skeleton frame of the Load/Unload and control booth is starting to take shape post-1981-0-85711400-1313473995_thumb.jp post-1981-0-09580100-1313474047_thumb.jp You will enter the ride via this break inbetween buildings. I hope they can save this well established tree. post-1981-0-59662600-1313474089_thumb.jp Follow this path to the load/unload station post-1981-0-85489600-1313474809_thumb.jp The river raft ride is very close to the Buzzsaw

post-1981-0-78908000-1313473819_thumb.jp

Edited by aussienetman

The ride will be opening on 17 September so you will probably miss out. Also, here is the backstory for the coaster and some concept art:

Gold Rush. It's just a happy little country town. Or is it? Visitors all say the same thing; there's something… odd… about the town of Gold Rush. Formed during the great gold rush of 1876, it thrived until the gold ran out in 1887. It then turned to timber and continued to prosper. The people are neat and friendly, the general store often echoes with their pleasantries and a catchy tune. The only thing you can put your finger on is the sawmill. Mention it and the townsfolk stiffen. "It's been closed since the accident," they say. "Jack Darke, a quiet man, tried to burn down the sawmill one night but slipped and was dragged into the buzz saw. Tragic really. But it'll reopen soon." And yet no matter how many months pass, it never seems to reopen. Poke around up there and you'll see it's all boarded up. Do Not Enter and Danger signs everywhere. The faint hint of burnt wood. It must be close to reopening though, because quite often you'll hear that giant buzz saw start up. None of this, however, explains why the locals get so skittish around dusk. Beware. In the town of Gold Rush… Everything. Changes. At night. It's true Jack Darke was a quiet man. He'd worked at the sawmill for 15 years, yet no one really knew him. He kept to himself and did his job without fuss or bother. And he was good at it. Jack was in his forties, he was big and strong and had gnarled hands with a vice-like grip. He was on his own the night it all happened. It was late and he was reading in his cottage when some of the townsfolk came to his door in a panic. The young men from the sawmill had been at the tavern complaining and had set off to the sawmill intent on burning it down. Jack went to investigate. He found the men and managed to stop the fire but there was a scuffle and… well… whether it was an accident or not no one really knows, but machinery was bumped and poor Jack was pulled through the giant buzz saw. The townsfolk felt horrible. Who wouldn't? But their men were their lifeblood. They covered up the incident and reported it as a Jack who had been trying to burn down the sawmill, only he'd slipped and fallen into the buzz saw. Now when the moon is high and the sky is clear like the night he was killed, Jack reappears and seeks revenge. In fact, when the sun goes down God help anyone who isn't boarded up inside when day turns to night.

post-2117-0-36786900-1313799754_thumb.jp Hopefully this story will be heavily integrated into the ride's themeing. Edited by themeparkgc

And yet no matter how many months pass, it never seems to reopen. Poke around up there and you'll see it's all boarded up. Do Not Enter and Danger signs everywhere. The faint hint of burnt wood. It must be close to reopening though, because quite often you'll hear that giant buzz saw start up.

Eureka Mountain Mine Ride. Art imitating life, perhaps?

I hope that Dreamworld actually employs this story line and a high level of theming as they are making it look like... I know this is all just speculation because we have no idea whether they will theme it to a high degree, but if they continue with this level of storyline and theming and do something Eureka Mine Ride like, then I think it'll just go to show how theming can make an average ride into a great ride. I guess we will just have to wait and see

It looks like you can be the first to ride when it opens as long as you agree to sleepover at Dreamworld the night before.

True - "Guests who ‘Stay the Night’ will participate in unsettling themes or occurances. This experience will last from 10pm – 3am. Due to the extreme nature of the ‘Stay the Night’ Experience, guests must be over 15 years of age. We recommend participants with heart conditions, pregnancy, nervous disposition, serious phobias or any other medical condition of this nature do not participate. Guests agree to participate at their own risk" From Dreamworld's Facebook (Buzzsaw Contest) Anyone notice we got the 'BIG 7 THRILL RIDES' now?

True - "Guests who ‘Stay the Night’ will participate in unsettling themes or occurances. This experience will last from 10pm – 3am. Due to the extreme nature of the ‘Stay the Night’ Experience, guests must be over 15 years of age. We recommend participants with heart conditions, pregnancy, nervous disposition, serious phobias or any other medical condition of this nature do not participate. Guests agree to participate at their own risk" From Dreamworld's Facebook (Buzzsaw Contest) Anyone notice we got the 'BIG 7 THRILL RIDES' now?

yeah - dunno what DW's going to do with all the enthusiastic riders who are willing to 'stay the night' as suggested and be the first to ride. Considering the Big Brother house is still there AFAIK I can see a possible location for all the guests to sleep - and as long as the house has power/running water it should be fine.

Why would people need sleep though :huh: It's only going till 3am right, and everyone is over 15?

That's true. Will have to consider going myself and see what it's going to be like - of course the star attraction will be started up for the first time before the general public get a chance to ride - wonder if they'll have a moving sawblade or something to add to the theme - the dude being pulled towards the buzzsaw reminds me of one of my favourite darkride designers back in the 60s (Bill Tracy of America) who put together something similar called the Old Mill where a chick is being pulled into the path of a buzzsaw - has to be seen to be believed. Dreamworld should really consider building something similar - only on a much larger scale. Just my two cents.

The ride will be opening on 17 September so you will probably miss out. Also, here is the backstory for the coaster and some concept art: post-2117-0-36786900-1313799754_thumb.jp Hopefully this story will be heavily integrated into the ride's themeing.

Perhaps a giant fake saw blade in the middle of the themeing building spinning . On anunrelated note has any one seen the post on DW fb page about a new water and them park under plan? Edited by www worker