2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

Nope I think dreamworld deleted it but I did find the so called planned parks page http://www.facebook.com/southburnettgreatadventure

under 'Interests' then 'Other' it has listed 'We all know a drug-f****d stoner called Jake' so this page appears to be a fake. Will try and Google the name of the fun park though, see what I come up with.

I love what Dreamworld are doing with the theming concept surrounding this ride. Whether or not it is appropriate for this ride I don't know, but I'm glad they are finally giving us what we have been asking for in terms of backstory etc. The scary/ghost concept kind of reminds me of what Alton Towers did with the Thirteen rollercoaster. It had a great haunted woods backstory. Very menacing and atmospheric. I just wish there was more to this ride itself or perhaps they could have saved the haunted theme for a revamp/complete rebuild of a dark attraction like the Eureka Mountain Mine Train. Anyway, overall they get points from me for the marketing so far. Oh, and the fact that they are sticking somewhat to the mining theme and making it appropriate for the area the ride is located in

I'm no history expert, but I don't really think it fits the area. Buzz Saws, in the Gold Rush? Would be more appropriate towards the Log Ride and Giant Drop.

No History expert? You are aware sawmills existed in the Gold Rush era aren't you? It's "Near Enough" though...Rocky Hollow and Gold Rush basically run into each other. It's like, when you walk from one area to the next, its not like there are cues to say "Oh, I've gone from being in the Gold Rush era to a Logging Camp"...Not like say when you are at Islands of Adventure, and you Suddenly walk from being in Dr Seuss Landing to Lost Continent, and the music, theming etc is drastically different. The point is, at least its not going to look out of place by being Car Racing themed or something stupid like that.

Like I said, no history expert. But buzz saw/saw mill are kind of different...and then I guess old circular saws are different to buzz saws?

Well - you're close... a buzz saw and a saw mill are different - in the same way that a skyscraper and an elevator are different - you're not going to have one without the other.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzsaw_(disambiguation)

Buzzsaw is a common alternative name for a circular saw.

So your guess is incorrect... a buzz saw and a circular saw are the same thing.

No History expert? You are aware sawmills existed in the Gold Rush era aren't you? It's "Near Enough" though...Rocky Hollow and Gold Rush basically run into each other. It's like, when you walk from one area to the next, its not like there are cues to say "Oh, I've gone from being in the Gold Rush era to a Logging Camp"...Not like say when you are at Islands of Adventure, and you Suddenly walk from being in Dr Seuss Landing to Lost Continent, and the music, theming etc is drastically different. The point is, at least its not going to look out of place by being Car Racing themed or something stupid like that.

Haha exactly Gazza, well said!

Thankyou Flea. Whats the secret to smaller pictures??? I am very excited for this new addition. It may no be a Major Coaster but I think it will have the appeal to the right demographic and is enough to draw the crowds back from Village Roadshow (for now). I understand that we as theme park enthusiasts expect/want a lot more from the parks in terms of attractions but to Joe Blog the appeal of this new coaster and the marketing of this ride has been very impressive, and I have not seen to much from the competition to compete (apart from what has been said on this website). I certainly have second guessed the passes I have bought.

Edited by Troy81

I'm very pleased to see that it looks like the ride will travel through the haunted sawmill at the base.

Same here. IMO, for their budget, it looks like DW have hit the sweet spot with the balance of thrill ride and themeing. It's a thrilling ride with themeing (not just huge major coaster with no themeing). Personally I prefer with a theme. Also, the drop back into and through the station looks like it'll produce a cool headchopper effect. Edited by Luke

Whats the secret to smaller pictures???

I use Photoshop as I always have it open on my computer, but there's a really cool "PowerToy" that Microsoft provides. To resize an image all you have to do is right click the image and select one of the preset sizes. http://windows.micro...oads/windows-xp -- Click the "PowerToys" tab and download "Image Resizer". Edited by Flea