2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

To be honest, if it was another corporate tie in it would surprise me. That sounds like something that would have happened under Stephen Gregg's reign, not Noel Dempsey. I mean yes the cinema was another upcharge, but it's mostly used outside of park hours so I don't see the big issue with it. That and it's drawing life into what was a very old attraction which is good to see. That and the park is in much better shape overall than it has been in MANY years, with rides getting fixed up and looking much cleaner than ever. Not to mention the staff they have there are always smiling. I think in the last 2 years I've seen maybe 2 staff not smiling. Much less than at the WVTP properties I have been to recently. Also, from having brief conversations with Noel in the past, I am fairly confident that what is added to the park will be a quality attraction and not some other half arsed attempt like V8 Redline. And on the upcharge thing, attractions like Illuminate and the Cinema I just see as expanding the brand in a POSITIVE way, not like the V8 Supercars attraction and to a lesser extent the Flowrider.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about the Pirate flag when I saw this http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/spin...lery/index.html I was thinking that they could do it because it is similar to the Battle boats at Sea World and they wanted to make it so that the battle boats are not a draw card for sea world. Just me think but I doubt it would happen, cause of White water world.

Well Thrillz said that they didn't see a Pirate flag/mask/anything there.... But I am positive I saw it, I even tried to take a picture (but was too late).... Im either going next week or the week after, because I have exams for the next 2 weeks, so going to have troubles getting there, but when I do, it's picture time!! Even if it means 2 runs on the train. Or maybe hold onto the side and climb back until I get it. :P (I did try it, but it was a very busy day!)

I do need glasses (but just haven't been bothered to get them). But that's because I'm long sighted and have problems with closer things. Gosh, if I was seeing things, I'll be so embarrassed. But it was there. Either it's still there, or, it's been removed. We'll find out when I go (or if someone else goes before me).

I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself Dear Dreamworld The globe is almost spherical and tilts. It spins at nearly 1000 miles an hour, while orbiting the sun at over 60,000 miles per hour, and can happily accommodate 4 billion people. When you have built similar rollercoaster rides, I might consider paying seventy dollars to get in on a rainy day. God

How long are the white lions staying at Dreamworld?
It sounds like just the easter period. In Ardent's latest report they state "Easter promotion will feature the exhibition of new exotic animal species with a strong unlimited value offer". They'll only be around while the National Zoo in Canberra renovates their exhibit.
is it actually 2 new rides or is it 1 animal enclosure and 1 kids ride (assuming due to budget)?
In 2011, Ardent's theme park division has plans for an exotic animal enclosure, 2 new rides and one new product (I think that the product is related to SkyPoint though).
Normally new rides begin construction April-May-ish...
...with any coaster track arriving July-August-ish.

Here are some pretty bad quality pictures (well screenshots of a video) of what I believe to be the pirate flag... Im beginning to have second thoughts on what I saw now, but I may as well show you all what I originally thought was the pirate flag. Sorry for the misinterpretation originally. :S Im not sure what this thing is now. Or, either the pirate flag was taken down. Im so confused, I was so positive I saw it, but now Im not.... I dont even think this thing is it. Uhmmm I can't get the image URL from the flash component of Zendorphin's general photos, so here's a link. http://zendorphin.net/index.php?option=com...2&Itemid=25 Again, sorry guys if it isn't what I originally thought it was. Quite embarrassed now, to say the least. :blush: Just like to make clear though, this still could be a pirate flag, I'm just unsure now, though.