2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

I've no idea, but there seems to be a few people around of late that are really pushing the boundaries on what their employment allows them to share online... I hope for their sake they don't go too far, or slip up and are caught out by their employers... As for the video, WOW, I hadn't looked up what this ride was until now and I have to say, I am waaay unimpressed. Why on earth DW would build this I have no idea. It's basically a shuttle, which they already have. The ride experience (apart from the lift and inversion) is mostly similar to the motions of a half pipe or disco, which they are building and there is down the road. The lift system looks like a maintenance and reliability nightmare (Veoma GIB anyone?), and having ridden an X Car coaster, that I thought was pretty damn aweful, and that inverted lift really added nothing. I just don't get it. Given they also make one of the best spinning mouse ever, I have no idea why you would choose this ride. Sure glad it's not my company that's building it!

Im praying its not just the sky loop.....please have some extended coaster afterwards.... Is this not your birthday coaster!!! :( especialy if movieworld are getting another coaster. Ive said it b4, why cant you wow us again just like in 97 with TOT then again with DROP. Someone earlier posted if we cant get something huge for there big birthday, what hope would we have for the future seeing as weve had nothing huge cost $$ wise since TOT/drop.

Im praying its not just the sky loop.....please have some extended coaster afterwards.... Is this not your birthday coaster!!! :( especialy if movieworld are getting another coaster. Ive said it b4, why cant you wow us again just like in 97 with TOT then again with DROP. Someone earlier posted if we cant get something huge for there big birthday, what hope would we have for the future seeing as weve had nothing huge cost $$ wise since TOT/drop.

Because the Tower of Terror and Giant Drop were added to the park before the current owners (Ardent Leisure) took over. As I said higher up in this thread, it looks like Ardent just aren't interested in spending the money required to build major iconic attractions. Pretty disappointing

I emailed Maurer sohne asking what rides of theirs could be completely built for 7 million dollars and they replied with saying that any of their spinning coasters and the basic skyloop. This price includes all costs. So it looks like it is only the basic skyloop or lets hope its a spinning but I doubt it going by the types of steel.

Edited by Cruiseshipfan

Was about to post the same thing... nothing to see here folks... move along :P Call me crazy but I'm gonna go out on a limb here... I need to have another look at the steel on site but after looking through many photos of the ride model, I can only account for 4 round supports total in the standard model. Which are additional bracing for the second tower. I'm pretty sure that there are more than this on site at DW. So maybe it isn't the standard model after all...

Edited by djrappa

Here are some figures - (Take notice of the base area and project start and opening dates) Does anyone know the total area the ride is possibly using - if it remains outside the park between helicopter pad and gate behind chaitlift station then the dimentions would be around 70m x 10m max approx. this would suggest an XT150 would fit in this spot. SkyLoop XT 150 SkyWheel, Allgäu Skyline Park/Germany post-1016-0-31653800-1307304222_thumb.jp Project Data: project start: March 2004 opening: 19th March 2005 Technical Data: track length: 150 m height track: 46 m height tower: 52 m cars: 2x 6-seater X-Car number of cars: 1 Tandem capacity: 550 pph base area: 50 x 5 m Special Features: world’s highest inversion 2 inversions spectacular design very compact layout extendable to a total track lengthof more than 1000 m SkyLoop XT 450 Abismo, Parque de Atracciones/Spain post-1016-0-95584200-1307304488_thumb.jp Project Data: project start: May 2005 opening: March 2006 Technical Data: track length: 410 m height track: 46 m height tower: 52 m cars: 2 x 6-seater X-Car number of cars: 1 Tandem capacity: 550 pph base area: 110 x 33 m Special Features: world’s highest inversion 4 inversions spectacular design Camelbacks with over 3 sec Airtime extendable to a total track lengthof more than 1000 m

Here are some figures - (Take notice of the base area and project start and opening dates) Does anyone know the total area the ride is possibly using - if it remains outside the park between helicopter pad and gate behind chaitlift station then the dimentions would be around 70m x 10m max approx. this would suggest an XT150 would fit in this spot. SkyLoop XT 150 SkyWheel, Allgäu Skyline Park/Germany post-1016-0-31653800-1307304222_thumb.jp Project Data: project start: March 2004 opening: 19th March 2005 Technical Data: track length: 150 m height track: 46 m height tower: 52 m cars: 2x 6-seater X-Car number of cars: 1 Tandem capacity: 550 pph base area: 50 x 5 m Special Features: world’s highest inversion 2 inversions spectacular design very compact layout extendable to a total track lengthof more than 1000 m SkyLoop XT 450 Abismo, Parque de Atracciones/Spain post-1016-0-95584200-1307304488_thumb.jp Project Data: project start: May 2005 opening: March 2006 Technical Data: track length: 410 m height track: 46 m height tower: 52 m cars: 2 x 6-seater X-Car number of cars: 1 Tandem capacity: 550 pph base area: 110 x 33 m Special Features: world’s highest inversion 4 inversions spectacular design Camelbacks with over 3 sec Airtime extendable to a total track lengthof more than 1000 m

The extended looks so much better and looks to be a queit decent ride..... the only full circuit coaster that is adult like is Cyclone which in comparsion to parks around the world is an utter embarresment for there only full circuit coaster. Its your 30th birthday!!!