2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

Apologies, didn't realise posts had spilled onto a new page. Anyway, the point of this post. I think the space provided is too small for the 450m version, unless they build over the entire car park. One possibility (I don't see it as likey though) is that it might be extended to just be two overbanked turns, without the hill in the middle.

Edited by Gazza

Was just reading a Merrill Lynch broker research report (my partner works in finance/equities) focusing on Ardent Leisure. The analysts were given a tour of DW/WWW and one of the Goodlife gyms. Just thought I would share the following comment from the report: 'AAD will look to build market share through investing in 2 new Dreamworld rollercoaster’s (~$9m) due to open in July and Sept which should drive Christmas sales'. So just further confirmation of the relatively low capital expenditure for these rides combined. We now have a fairly accurate figure - $9 million (remember this includes both the Disk 'o' Coaster AND the September coaster).

So what sort of coaster can you get for around 7-8million. I don't think that Disk-O's are really dear considering the investment that Aussie world is undergoing is 3 million in total and the are putting in 3 new rides for that price, including their new Disk-O. With the price of the Aussie dollar, it can't be to bad.

Thanks for the pics. Hopefully more track pieces will arrive especially before 22 June (reopening of Thunder River Rapids and Dreamworld Railway) otherwise they might be closed longer than you think. If thats the colour of the track, hopefully that colour can be cleverly intergrated into the 'Gold Rush Country' theme. But it could be possible that they may be painted too.

Might want to take a look at http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15129555,00.html and you will see something interesting in the video that accompanies that article. In particular something that looks like: post-188-0-87016300-1307961737_thumb.jpg There is also some nice factual information on bridge expansion joints too!

Edited by pin142

As with most video stills, it looks better when you watch the vid in motion, but that definitley the Dreamworld logo on that panel. My bet, the ride is going to be themed like some sort of mine explosion or similar, with an appropriatley extreme name name like "Inferno" or "Fireball" (Hopefully they've haven't gone cliche and called it "Ring of Fire" though!)

Edited by Gazza

I don't know if that's a DW logo. In that still it's inconclusive, and a couple frames later it looks like a set of binoculars. post-3-0-98725600-1307964714_thumb.jpg My bet is that that train is for this ride going into Bayern Park in Germany. That ride is themed around guns, so maybe the picture is of a double barrel?

It looks like that park's logo. Pretty certain it is.

I don't know if that's a DW logo. In that still it's inconclusive, and a couple frames later it looks like a set of binoculars. post-3-0-98725600-1307964714_thumb.jpg My bet is that that train is for this ride going into Bayern Park in Germany. That ride is themed around guns, so maybe the picture is of a double barrel?

Unless they have changed the design on the front of that coaster it isn't for it as the one in the video has fire on the front while the one pictured is like a rising suns rays. Also the track its sitting on is the same colour as the track found at Dreamworld. Also I found a piece of coaster track in painted in the same red as at Dreamworld. Its at 2:52 the roll part (barrel or heart line don't know what one) of a skyloop.