2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

As of around 1pm today Shockwave has reopened. Buzzsaw's area and gold rush in general is looking great. Even the balloon game in the old Eureka queue has been spruced up and doesn't actually look tacky anymore. I saw Buzzsaw testing today, and I thought the X car's did the full circuit, then went up the lift and back down the spike once before the lift caught it and slowly lowered it down. But as it's seen in the videos it just coasts for a minute or so before stopping. Hopefully that's not how the ride will operate once open next weekend as it will reduce capacity. Also just an idea, maybe we could have an "unofficial" Parkz meetup next Saturday for the rides opening?

Hopefully that's not how the ride will operate once open next weekend as it will reduce capacity.

Not only that but I can't think of anything more boring than waiting for a ride to lose momentum. My guess is that they're having some teething issues trying to get the car to catch on the chain. Edited by Flea

Not only that but I can't think of anything more boring than waiting for a ride to lose momentum. My guess is that they're having some teething issues trying to get the car to catch on the chain.

Im sure you'll be pleased to hear that as of this afternoon the ride was catching during testing.

Im sure you'll be pleased to hear that as of this afternoon the ride was catching during testing.

Reminds me of Apple rumours before a new product is even launched... "Oh man, that new iPhone 5 is not launched yet, but if it doesn't have a big screen, then that's it, i'm getting Android..." It's looking great at night though. I'm really looking forward to stepping through the queue line for the first time and seeing if it was like Shockwave, where the bark is spray painted green, or if they've actually made the effort to create a long-term environment for the attraction to exist in.

i'm stretching it thin to put this here - but you do get a different view of the BuzzSaw, so it works. News.com.au published a video yesterday on some of the inner workings of the Giant Drop. It isn't anything we don't already know, but video footage is new in some places... http://video.news.com.au/2128925409/The-big-drop (forums 'link' button not working properly)

Buzzsaw will be on the 7PM project on channel ten tonight. It has started now, but I don't know when in the show it will be on. Sweet this is my 123rd post. Don't worry if you missed it as it was kinda lame. It didn't show anything except a bit of the station.

Edited by Cruiseshipfan

Has been going most of the day today for various media bits and pieces. Seems to be a hit so far. It was open tonight only for the competition winners who were 'staying the night' as well as the various media groups. Also interesting to know that the ride cycle is capable of being extended to do one extra full loop after the first one, but must be extended by the operator in the first few seconds of the cycle. Will be interesting to see if and when this feature is used and how much it kills capacity.

Found another on-ride video, but this shows the extended ride cycle: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/09/16/350061_gold-coast-news.html To be honest it looks like a fun ride, but nothing amazing. I'm still worried about the horrible capacity though, especially in the first weeks of operation :S

Does anyone know if there's a pre-show or some actual theming? Or is it just a fancy shed?

Geez there better be SOMETHING. Considering they've put all this effort into building a backstory... and it is a good/scary backstory at that. My concern is that the queue house looks fairly small. I was hoping there would be a series of buildings and sheds leading up to the ride that might have some good theming in them to really build the story

At DW, ride attendants telling ppl the ride is not open as it needs testing and should open later this afternoon after 12. ....BUT.... The ride is cycling with people on it and has been all morning. It seems DW staff and friends/family are allowed thru to ride but general pubic being sent away. Absolutely poor Job DW. A lot of disappointed ppl here. Do they think we are stupid saying it's Closed for Testing when we can see it cycling with people on it??!!

At DW, ride attendants telling ppl the ride is not open as it needs testing and should open later this afternoon after 12. ....BUT.... The ride is cycling with people on it and has been all morning. It seems DW staff and friends/family are allowed thru to ride but general pubic being sent away. Absolutely poor Job DW. A lot of disappointed ppl here. Do they think we are stupid saying it's Closed for Testing when we can see it cycling with people on it??!!

And here I was th king DW were finally doing good