Warner Bros. Movie World, February 2011

Parkz News

I think AlexB was saying that if they had a sign stating something along the lines of "Looney Tunes River Ride has been permanently closed to make way for an exciting new attraction to open late 2011" that would be better than the standard maintenance sign. It would give guests something to look forward to, and possibly be enough to encourage them upgrade to an annual pass (or VIP etc) if they didn't have one.

It's being refurbished....I don't see the confusion buddy. It didn't say it was being restored...and in any case, whats the difference..if the people want to find out whats happening they can check this site.
Unfortunately, the gold coast parks don't advertise Parkz very much. While a lot of google searches do return parkz as one of the top results, it's hit and miss as to whether someone will find us or not. Besides, why should a GUEST who pays money to VILLAGE ROADSHOW have to come to THIS WEBSITE in order to find out what is happening to a VILLAGE ROADSHOW RIDE? Just like Eureka Mountain Mine Ride, which stayed on the maintenance list for quite some time, it took months before non-members started joining up specifically to ask the question if it were ever coming back - how long do you think people will see that sign, and dismiss it as "usual maintenance" before they as the general public realise it's not coming back??? Also, I'd recommend you actually CHECK the words used before downtreading the post. Just to remind you as to what you said -
It's being refurbished....I don't see the confusion buddy. It didn't say it was being restored...
As a matter of fact IT DID......... BUDDY!
Definitions of refurbish on the Web: •make brighter and prettier; •To rebuild or replenish with all new material; to restore to original (or better) working order and appearance •refurbishment - renovation: the state of being restored to its former good condition •Refurbishment is the of maintenance or major repair of an item, either aesthetically or mechanically. •refurbished - renovated or renewed •refurbishing - A process of making "cosmetic" changes to update the appearance of a product, such as cleaning, changing fabric, painting or refinishing. This term is often associated with used office furniture and differs from remanufacturing in that none of the structural parts of the product are replaced. •refurbished - The process of restoring a product by cleaning, repairing, recovering, and reusing the item for its original intended use. •refurbished - to brighten or freshen up
ThemeparkGC, you're close, they should have had different signage, but a sign that says REFURBISHMENT when the ride is clearly not going to be restored in ANY way, and is definitely CLOSED FOR GOOD is false signage, which happens to be the intent of my original post.

The ride has been closed for like a fortnight right? I'm sure due signage will come in time. To be fair it's only a RUMOUR that the ride is closed for good. Before anything is announced by the park, anything posted to parkz can only be considered a rumour.

Edited by djrappa