Disneyland Paris

Wilko

Hey everyone, Has anybody ever been to Disneyland in Paris? I'm trying to find a one day walkthrough of the park that would give me the best way of seeing the entire park. I found a good one for the paris disney stuidios. your help would be sooo good. cheers

Hey mate I've been a couple of times, seeming as it's Disneyland the park will be quite packed. My suggestion is to definitely get a flash pass for Space Mountain, Indiana Jones etc. All the major coasters, because the lines can get pretty big. I definitely think you should go to Space Mountain first up, and then head over to Big Thunder Mountain. From there on it's up to you either Pirates of the Caribbean or Indiana Jones. For me it helped to get all of the coasters out of the way early, so then there is no need to be worried about sitting in a line for an hour or two. One thing to keep in mind, Disneyland is AMAZING, it is simply huge too. Yes maybe not Cedar Point huge, but if need be and if you have the time feel free to take two days to spend there. It will be well worth your time, as that's the best way to experience everything. I know the Disneyland hotel is quite pricey, but if you can afford it I recommend staying two days just so you could have the full experience. Nevertheless I hope you have a great time there, Disneyland is amazing :) I hope this helps!

Hey thanks for the tips. Unfortunately Im only there for one day and want to try both parks. I know BIG CALL. Ive been to Disneyland in Cali; Tokyo and Tokyo Sea; Walt Disney World in Orlando and now doing Hong Kong and Paris. Ive heard the disney in paris in June isnt packed due to the kids being at school. Any other tips? So I should do;l 1. Space Mountain 2. Big Thunder 3. Then head to Indiana 4. Then pirates what after that?

Hi, Last May we did both parks in a day with no probs at all, the crowds were not to bad and they werent running the fast pass due to the small crowds. Went to HK Disney 2 months ago, dont waste your money on the fast pass there as we did as only 3 rides were on it and the rest were "shows" 4 in fact...we spent 10 hours at the park but geez it was a long day as there is not a lot to do. Space mountain was the best ride but nothing compared to Space Mountain in Paris. I hope you enjoy your trip.

You will definitely enjoy Disney Paris (I am living in Paris and have a yearly pass there so I might be a little bit biased. Send me a PM if you want to know anything else to do in Paris or how to get there etc etc..) If you are going to do both parks in one day in Disney Studios park you should definitely hit up the Rock & Roll Rollercoaster, The Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror, and check out the new Toystory Playland especially the "RC Racer" skip the rest unless you have plenty of time (although if you are doing it in one day you may not) When we go to Disney, we always grab a fast pass for Thunder Mountain first thing, (it always has the longest queue) then head straight over Space Mountain. If there is time hit up Star Tours and Buzz Lightyears laser blast (good fun if you are with someone) Usually then its time for Thunder Mountain. After Thunder Mountian, we head over to Indiana Jones, and Pirates, then into Fantasyland for the Teacups. Then back to Space Mountain for a 2nd go. Usually then we will head over to the Studios for the three main rides there. In the studios if you are going to get a fastpass for a ride, I would generally go for the Tower of Terror over the Rock & Roll Rollercoaster. TOT has a much longer loading and cycle time and does not get through as many guests per hour as the Rock & Roll Rollercoaster, and also TOT usually has a decent sized queue. In June it should not be toooo busy although with the warmer weather it will start to bring out the crowds It shouldn't be as bad as July or August. Make sure you eat your lunch early (like 11:30 -12) DEFINITELY do not try to eat lunch between 1 and 2. French people ALWAYS eat lunch between 1 and 2 so the queues on the rides die down a bit during this time and the queues in the food outlets get ridiculously long. If you have a few days in Paris you should go to this park too http://www.parcasterix.fr/

Edited by Wazza1

Wazza1 I love Paris, I lived there as a kid for a year when I was 4 but I can't remember much sadly :( Just to say, if you're going in June I would definately also go to Park Asterix, they are starting construction on a B&M inverterted for this year I think so if you're lucky you might get to ride it in its first season!

Wazza1 I love Paris, I lived there as a kid for a year when I was 4 but I can't remember much sadly :( Just to say, if you're going in June I would definately also go to Park Asterix, they are starting construction on a B&M inverterted for this year I think so if you're lucky you might get to ride it in its first season!
It is a great place Paris, and I am not keen to come home to Australia just yet. Sadly the B&M at Parc Asterix is actually scheduled for opening in 2012, so you might miss it being here in June this year

You can get a look around both parks in 1 day but dont expect to see everything. Rides like Peter Pan and Pirates get insanely long lines so get them done early. I would probably hope to Hollywood Studios in the middle of the day when Disneyland Park is at its peak. Just do the big rides at HS (TOT, Aerosmith, Crush's Coaster and the studio tour) and head back to DLP for the arvo/everning. I stayed at Disney's Newport Bay Club and its 10 min walk to the parks through Disney Village. Its a bit cheaper than Disneyland Hotel and Disney Hotel New York, you also have Disney's Sequoia Lodge which is cheaper again and walking distance. On another note, at Disney Village I highly recomend Annette's Diner for a good burger and watching the kids deliver food up and down stairs on roller skates I almost worth the price alone. A word of warning, EVERYTHING at Disneyland Paris is expencive. Food boarders on insane and if you need to save money head out to Maccas in the Disney Village if on a budget.

There is a dragon under the castle?? I certainly would have missed that. So in what order should I do the rides? I want to get there when it opens. Do i race to do Pirates and Peter Pan first before heading to Space, Indiana, Railroad and Phantom? What time do the two parks close? How much does it cost by train?

Yup people tend to miss the Dragon, it moves and breaths smoke and stuff. Really cool. disneylandparis-2007-0034.jpg As for order, I would do Space Mountain first, then head back to Phantom Manor but grab a Peter Pan fast pass at this point, you could hit up Big Thunder while while there as they are side by side. Head to Pirates then to Indy at the back of the park By now you should be able to use you Peter Pan fast pass, If you get in for extra magic hours early you could have all these done in an hour and half leaving the rest of the day to check out what you want. I am not sure is Star Tours is still there but go check it out seeing as you cant see the original in the USA parks ever again. You will have to check out the opening and closing times for when you are there as they change. As for a train ticket, Where are you coming from/ going to?

Yup people tend to miss the Dragon, it moves and breaths smoke and stuff. Really cool. disneylandparis-2007-0034.jpg As for order, I would do Space Mountain first, then head back to Phantom Manor but grab a Peter Pan fast pass at this point, you could hit up Big Thunder while while there as they are side by side. Head to Pirates then to Indy at the back of the park By now you should be able to use you Peter Pan fast pass, If you get in for extra magic hours early you could have all these done in an hour and half leaving the rest of the day to check out what you want. I am not sure is Star Tours is still there but go check it out seeing as you cant see the original in the USA parks ever again. You will have to check out the opening and closing times for when you are there as they change. As for a train ticket, Where are you coming from/ going to?

Hey MacPark, How do you get the early magic hours? Ill be coming from Paris.

If you are staying at a Disney Hotel you get the Extra Magic Hours early entry. I think from Paris to Disney was only around 7 Euros. Make sure you dont put you feet anywhere near the seats. I had my legs crossed and my toe was touching the edge of the other seat and I got fined 50 Euros and I could not dispute it at all. There answer was "we can have the police meet you at the next station if you want" lol.

Yep it's 13.40euros return on RER Line A from Paris to Disneyland. The cheapest rooms at any of the Disneyland Hotels (2*)is minimum 300 euros a night (but that does include tickets to the parks and the extra 2 hours in the parks, however it is not the entire area of both that you are able to access during the magic hours.) Plus the other problem with staying at the park is it's a decent trip into Paris (45mins) if you want to do any other touristy things.