Counting the Days...

rappa

Howdy to all you Qld guys! Only a week to go until my short trip :-) At this stage it looks a lot like, Mon-MW, Tues-beach stuff, Wed-WnW, Thur-DW... I'm staying in Surfers so if anyone wants to catch up for a drink or something that could be cool, drop me a line. Any word as to whether WWF should be up or not at this stage? See you all soon.

Well if anyone does want to catch up I'll be in town from Mon-Fri. Drop me a line at clint[at]puremagicproductions.com or on 0412 055 276. This one more directed at Rabid and Joz... What are the parks like at the moment? Are they more or less dead as I imagine/hope they would be this time of year?

I can't speak for Movie or Sea World, but Dreamworld's fairly light at the moment. Of course, be aware that Dreamworld is at minimum staffing because of how quiet it is, and Dreamworld's staff are hardly the most efficient out there. Cyclone, Tower of Terror and Giant Drop in particular will have 15 minute queues, even with only a load or so in the queue in front of you because of the quite low throughput.

Yeah you have to love DW staffing don't you! Still 15mins is about the best I've managed for those sorts of rides at DW. Even when the park is walkon I've still had 40mins for Cyclone, 10min dispatches just rock! Guess we could perhaps even go so far as to say its the X of Dreamworld :-p Thanks for the info. though Richard, they are the sorts of times I go for, don't think I could ever bring myself to que for an hour at one of our parks! It was bad enough for the few attractions I did it for in SoCal. All that being said perhaps the staff at DreamWorld are super efficient with a very high throughput...however that's probably about as likely as the park actualy meant to be spelt DreamWorld HEHEHE

Yeah figured as much, I just started to wonder when I discovered in the last few days a good dozen people that I know are heading up there next week... Monday sounds cool, doing movie world in the day and starting off with a 6am flight but still plan to be making it a late night :-) I'm staying at the Outrigger Sun City resort so I'm right in town, I'm sure you would know the best place to head out to :-)

6am? Thats not too bad, I start work at around that time. Monday is a pretty good night to go out, there's $2 basic drinks at the Suger Shack until midnight, plus its industry night so I get 6 free drinks in town anyway and its never too busy that you have to line up at the bar. Suncity, great choice for a hotel too. I myself have stayed their three times now, part due to the more then 50% discount I get working in hospitality (instead of paying $370 for one of the 2 bedroom plus family I got it for $168 - bargin!) and part because its just such a nice darn place, and everyone at work seems to like it.

6am is mainly to make the most of the time, I am only squeezing 4 days between gigs here so want to have us much time as I can. Hehe gotta love Industry night, only bad thing you get is all the no clue bar chicks because the good ones are out on the town :-) Was at a bar in Sydney last night (industry night here) and the girls working were SOOO useless LOL Yeah Suncity is a bloody nice place. We've got a huge 2 bedroom apartment...yeah not cheap but if you've got money you've got to spend it once in a while!

Lets see how long it takes for Richard to shift us over to chit chat :) Yeah thats the exact thing I was talking about! I was on Coronas last night and it was getting me fired up enough just because they didnt know the price of drinks or how to work out IDs as to if your 18 yet. Come on like 1983 aint that hard HEHEHE The one that was anoying me was my mate who was driving was on Lemon Lime and Bitters and she just had no clue how to make one, was justy shotting the bitters into the glass... Maybe for your local RSL but not at a high profile Sydney bar! We should be in bed :-)

There is one benefit to getting crap staff though: We went out one week and we were getting 4 free drinks on these little cards. What they'd do is they'd either mark the card with a pen of rip the card a little when you use it. My mate went to the bar for his first two drinks and the girl marked the card with a pen, and next he got a couple of drinks someone else tore the card in the same spot and the prick got 6 drinks. We demand more incompetent bar staff! One last thing, a good way to confuse the bouncers is too get someone too come out early morning (after midnight) on their 18th birthday. Its fun just to watch as the bouncer spend about 20 seconds straining both his brain cells trying to work it out.

Do I have some good nightclub/bar stories!!! IMG how is this! I went with a few of my mates into the city (syndey) last Sat. night. And we went to this nightclub, after about standing 20min in the que payed our $15 we got in only to have one drink and the power goin off and them shoving people out! How bad management was that. They didnt even want to give me my 15 bucks! Oh come oN!!!!! (dont ask me what the name of the place was as i am shocking with names!) :confused: And anyways, we were at this bar eventually only the girl was a kiwi (no offence!!! :D ) She could not understand anything I said, but the music was pretty much cranked. Back to story I ask for a kallua and coke, only to get a bourbon and coke. And afterwards asking for a Schmirnoff Ice, getting a breezer! OMG where did you do your bar training sweetheart????? RSL!!!! Thats only a paragraph in my book of BAD BAR EXPIERENCES (BBE)!! Hehehe Screammachine

back to topic on monday the week just gone while at work I rode Scobby Doo in the afternoon and it was walk on. The parks quiet at moment bt hot its been like 40 deg past 2 days and even thou down in NSW and VIC its been 40 the humidity is higher up here so its sticky, Monday is the busiest day but you will be fine, make sure you check out the Matrix stunt show at 1:20pm on main st the wire stuff rocks.