New Parkz

Richard

As you'll notice, Parkz has been relaunched with a completely redesigned site. It's essentially the same site but streamlined. Some features are gone, some have changed and some have been added (and more will be added). There's been some big changes behind the scenes, namely these new forums (which will eventually allow for Facebook/Twitter integration), and also some database changes. Importantly, most of the bugs have finally been ironed out of the ride stats system so it'll display better, and be easier to modify. There's still a lot to do; I wanted to get the site running in this form so that we could implement some better spam/membership control that wasn't available to us in the previous forum software. In the meantime, it'd be great if people could post any bugs they stumble upon. Screenshots help!

Would it be possible to have a list of what's been removed/added? Just looking at the park profiles, it no longer seems to list any rides which have been removed from the parks? Only current ones are displayed. My bad, found it Also a couple of the photos are replaced with...

post-2613-0-78952700-1301191655_thumb.pn

Edited by reanimated35

• 2 weeks later...

Submiting photos doesnt seem to be working. I click on submit photo and this is what comes up. Content Menu * Your Contributions * Add New Park * Edit Existing Park * Add New Ride * Edit Existing Ride Pending Content * Your Content * x Pending Photos * x Pending Articles * x Pending Parks * x Pending Rides Approved Content * Fatal error: Call to a member function get_customfield_value() on a non-object in /home/parkz/public_html/content.php on line 61

• 1 month later...

I think more the point is - do we know why it is happening? is it a service provider \ host issue? are they aware of it? etc etc... I mean I know if it were on Richard's end it'd be down a while, but fixed once and for all - so i can only presume the host is having major conniptions... i do know a small (but reliable) host that'd do it pretty cheap (as mates rates)

I didn't get a chance until now to say anything about this. In short server load issues caused the outages. We're still not 100% sure if it was normal traffic or some kind of attack on the server. Obviously we're for the most part back on track but there's still work to be done to improve things more and we are investigating options for the future. We can't guarantee perfect results... especially as we ramp up construction coverage which typically increases traffic by 30-50%.

Yeah I noticed that the site has been down a bit, but it's no problem... When going through a change this big you have to expect things to go wrong etc etc! I just wanted to say we do appreciate the work you guys put into making this site come together and work :) it's not like this is a paid service or anything, so thanks for all the work you do! It definitely doesn't go unnoticed...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...