Theme Park Review

jjuttp

Quote The park itself is very well themed and if it had maybe one or two more "major" attractions it would be on the map!

VRTP MANAGEMENT ARE YOU LISTENING??????

since when have they EVER listened to anything that we have said? they only listen to they're own egos... *cough*bermuda*cough* *cough*looney tunes*cough*

Perhaps if a professional group of genuine enthusiasts who are also willing to spend money at the properties rather than EXPECT for free was presented to the parks rather than a bunch of winging on the forum they would happily give ERT. I think this trip proves just what good value and a cut above the rest the TPR coaster trips are. And know whows what plans are in store for the park in the future.

I don't think i've seen anyone expect this kind of offering to Parkz members for free, although the one potential from STGDragon just seemed way too expensive. I'm curious as to what kind of deal was negotiated with TPR (I don't ever expect to find out, but i'm still curious). Obviously Robb and Elissa have immense street-cred and have built their reputation over more than 15 years too, it's no wonder that they are taken just that little more seriously. My original point was that a "group of professional enthusiasts" recognised that the park had great potential if only for a few new rides, and I hoped management was listening. My comment about the ERT etc was simply in defence of the parks against the "they don't listen" comment - to say that perhaps they would listen to someone they obviously hold some value for, given the perks they received on their trip... if that makes sense...?

Yeah, I could give you a fairly lengthy list on why that sort of thing doesn't happen here, but here's basically what it comes down too; 1. We don't have all that many many active members 2. The members we do have are unlikely to want to pay money for any privileges, and it wouldn't be cheap to do. 3. Although we've never asked, I think it's a fair bet that we don't write nice enough things to inspire the parks to overlook points one and two and do it for free for us. Having said that I know my opinion is totally for sale :D On occasion, this site (as a media outlet) has been invited to attended media events, as what we are to the parks is a small media organisation, that's it. For what we are we get quite a few views, and a heap of those are people planning their holidays to to the Gold Coast, and this is where the die hard fans are (even if it doesn't seem like it), so we aren't completely invaluable to the parks, but to me it's doubtful at best that our relationship with the parks will change from 'small media outlet' to anything else in the near future. The other thing I'd say is they DO listen. They may not take our advice that they need to add a new ride, but there are examples of things that have changed in the parks because someone took the time to post something on here. I'm not at liberty to say what, but trust me when I say it IS the case that posts on this site have led to direct changes in the parks.

Edited by joz

Another idea that occurred to me just then while i was doing the lawn was that on one of the major TPR trips , we should get a few Parkz members to go on said trip (preferably one with ERT). and if they stayed like an extra week or so; they could of visited the SRES (Sydney Royal Easter Show). And is it just me or is Joz's post above me not showing?

Edited by jjuttp

At that price I think its pretty good value. The ERT and behind the scene tours get them to places we cant and I would be happy to pay for that for sure. Its amazing how much they have taken the possitive from our parks and not alot of negative. I am not sure what expetations they came here with. I guess if they were low you would have better time. We expect alot when we look at our parks compared to The States and its hard because we dont have that level of theme parks. To be honest reading their trip report has made me a bit more excited about what we have and keen to check out a few new places.

I'm still surprised they wont be visitng Adventure world in Perth. I cant say i have been there, but it does look like a fairly decent park. I can understand the time and money involved, but I thought they would of visited there.

But that would add say another $500 or so to the cost, for what would be one of the bottom parks on the trip, which has no unique attractions (Has anyone on here made the effort to visit from the east coast just for the park...no) Plus the only coaster it has now is a kiddy one anyway. What I'm surprised about is them going to Magic Mountain.

I did two TPR trips last year and LOVED it. The ERT and backstage tours were super cool, but there were a few times where I decided to skip them and spend some extra time at the hotel (two back to back tours nearly killed me...). Besides the theme parks and backstage/ERT perks, you get to meet so many amazing people. I have made so many life-long friends that I cannot wait to meet again. To be honest, I'm going back to America next month and will be spending the entire time travelling around and meeting up with those that I met on the tour. If you have the time and money to do a TPR trip, I do recommend it! I would have done the Australian trip if I had the time.

I'm still surprised they wont be visitng Adventure world in Perth. I cant say i have been there, but it does look like a fairly decent park. I can understand the time and money involved, but I thought they would of visited there.

They originally planned to go to Perth, they wanted to get every credit in Australia, but when the Schwarzkopf closed (Turbo Mountain?) it was difficult to justify going all that way for a Dragon Wagon. I've been on TPR tours every year since 2007 and will again this year, and they do get good deals. And their increasing profile with park smeans the ERT get better and better. I've ridden coasters like Balder, Superman Ride of Steel, and Boulder Dash 40+ times in a day. I give them credit, they made the Australia trip great, even though the parks on offer don't have the magnitude of attractions of larger markets.

Actually from Robb and Elissas own opinions it would seem more like our parks did a great job all on their own at being great. I got the same vibe from talking to other trip participants as well. The Aussie trip I think really highlights that the TPR trips so aren't about the coasters, well not JUST about the coasters. I had a great time with endless rides on Nemesis and Balder but it's all the weird unexpected non coaster stuff that I have the fondest memories of. I'd love to do another trip.