Potential themepark resort for Perth.

keadz

Care? > No Curious as to what happened? > Yes All's well that ends well

Amen to that brother!!! The forums had put up with his crap for long enough!!! Lets get back to the business of discussing theme parks and put that twat in the past!! So......new coaster for Adventure World...excited much? I know I am keen to see what it will eventually be!! A Eurofighter would be a good fit for Adventure World...and correct me if I am wrong, that would be in the ballpark figure. I am not expecting an earthshattering announcement but one of them would fit the bill nicely!

• 1 year later...

It's in their "posts by others" section somehow

InspireWA hopes to be able to assist Hard Rock Café, Café del Mar, and Gene Simmons' Rock and Brews enter the WA market. Business News today highlighted the work that Eric Pearson of InspireWA has undertaken to raise the profile of the state with these multinational brands.

And they have given up on the park idea, for now at least.

InspireWA What we unfortunately lack is a shared government vision. Or, a government that would buy into such a vision. This takes an outlook beyond multiple elections to see this into a reality. We've said all along that without government buy in, the concept will die. Just like Qantas/Virgin are saying about foreign ownership... Three foreign airlines have bought into Virgin. Each of these airlines are back by their respective governments. With government backing, you get investment buy-in, confidence, and ultimately capital to work with - not necessarily capital from governments...but from investors!

Edited by reanimated35

reanimated35

Posted Today, 10:07 AM

It's in their "posts by others" section somehow

InspireWA hopes to be able to assist Hard Rock Café, Café del Mar, and Gene Simmons' Rock and Brews enter the WA market. Business News today highlighted the work that Eric Pearson of InspireWA has undertaken to raise the profile of the state with these multinational brands.

Yeah, more news on that here:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/23521471/music-themed-cafes-eye-wa/

It's odd for them to post after so long, especially when you have people asking 'what's happening?'. Obviously they have downgraded their vision from a themepark and waterpark with lots of hotels to more of a Universal Citywalk entertainment complex.

They still have a lot of important companies on side, but it seems the plans have really stalled because the government is concentrating on other tourism ideas like Elizabeth Quay and the new stadium. Hopefully, they will get the right kind of support in the end to make it all happen. Perth needs hotel rooms. The Swan Valley is beginning to really take off. The population density in that part of Perth is getting better and the roads are being improved. The team they have at Inspire WA also seems to have the right kind of corporate experience to make this happen. If this is them getting runs on the board, goodluck to them.

This news is also being discussed on skyscraper city.com.

It looks like Eric Pearson from InspireWA has confirmed that the theme park is still in the pipeline, but it looks like they are searching for a different plot of land now. The restaurants could end up in Fremantle (or on the coast), Perth City or even in the Swan Valley.

Hard Rock Café has also expressed its interest in opening in Perth, with Fremantle Chamber of Commerce chief executive Tim Milsom suggesting the port city was an ideal landing spot for the franchise.

It is understood Hard Rock Café has been put in contact with developer Sirona Capital to identify a suitable site in Fremantle.

Sirona is progressing plans to redevelop the former Myer building in Fremantle in collaboration with the City of Fremantle.

Mr Pearson said Gene Simmons’ Rock & Brews was keen to open more than one venue in WA, and was considering locations from Albany all the way up to Broome to complement a flagship restaurant in Perth, which could be located in the Swan Valley, the city, or South Perth.

Mr Pearson said the theme park plan also remained in the pipeline, with Inspire WA still scouring the metropolitan area for a suitable plot of land.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=114066484

• 1 year later...

Sounds like the Inspire WA guys have been talking to the Ettamogah group. Looks like they're eyeing off the Swan Valley area (not far from where their last effort settled on) for a hotel and entertainment precinct.

https://www.businessnews.com.au/article/Outback-icon-coming-to-the-city

Also found some interesting footage from 2012 which I don't recall seeing.

That looks good, if a little bit odd. This is the first time I've seen much about this (have heard little bits about it here and there).

Obviously the thing that stands out for probably all of us is that roller coaster, signifying a theme park. However, it seems as if the area is split into different sections, with the report saying that there will be:

• Hotels
  • Water Park
  • Safari Park
  • Day Spa
  • Restaurants

I know the image of the resort is basically an artist's impression but it looks and sounds as if it would be a bit of a mish-mash. It does sound like its got everything under the sun (though the report doesn't mention a theme park), and that's not a bad thing, and these plans will likely bear absolutely no resemblance to the finished product (if it comes along, and I hope it does), but it just gives the impression that it would be one big mess of a place with very little to section the theme park area, for instance, off from the day spa.

But again, we've no idea how it'll turn out yet. Here's hoping, and it sounds like Australia may have three potential new park developments (this, Wonderland 2.0 and whatever they may be doing on the Gold Coast). I wonder if this has the best chance of materialising?

6 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

This development proposal was from 2012. So the proposal has most likely been scraped due to complaints. (Just like when they wanted to build movie world in Perth)

Yeah, I don't think there were complaints. Obviously the government and InspireWa couldn't come to an agreement over the land near Whiteman Park. Judging from the WA budget, the government won't have any spare funds for awhile and that any new tourist spending is going to have to come from the private sector.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes from this.

Well it would explain the recent influx of new designs on the Ettamogah Group's website.

The Filename for the hotel is "Geelong", so that sounds promising. Also my favourite thing about this is the fact they've replaced the Ford with a Mack.

Geelong-e1457484605495.jpg

Theres also the other hotel option that popped up in january i believe (last photo was last month)

hotel-R2.png 

And lastly, this ones been up for a long while, but they've just started to run with it. Its currently being built in King St Melbourne and can also be adapted for food courts and the likes.

International.jpg

EttamogahGrillHouse_Branding-copy.jpg

So this brings the total type of Pubs to 6, with 3 standing, 1 former and another nearing completion.

Thanks @jjuttp, very useful information.  According to Eric Pearson, the Ettamogah Group was here in December looking at all of the great food and drink venues in the Swan Valley.  The Entertainment Centre option is definitely the most suitable for that area (definitely no high rises) and the page URL even ends in WA. 

People are always looking for accommodation out that way (after concerts, weddings or wine tours), so it's a pretty smart move on their behalf.