Flyer Vs Flyer

stdragon03

Apart from the different track Shape and Design. Which is Better Vekoma's Flying Dutchman or BM's Flyers.Do they Produce the same G force Effects or is one more smooth or intense than the other. When i rode Stealth a few years ago i found when i came of it i felt light headed and dizzy.I think that is due to the way your position especially when you dive down from the drops and loops which in turn it made your blood rush to your Head. Maybe its me as i get older and less flexable :rolleyes:

I think this is generally like a ford vs. holden situation. They both have their upsides and downsides. The B&M flying coaster's lift hill will have you hanging downwards compared to Vekoma's flying dutchman's facing upwards. I've also heard though that the Vekoma flying dutchman can be very uncomfortable (please excuse my spelling of that word) unllike the B&M's Nylon Acrylic coasted restraints which literally mould to the riders posture.

Having only had the pleasure of riding B&M's version (AIR at Alton Towers), I can honestly say that the trains are comfortable, forces when your on your back are strong and the ride is smooth. Some complain that you are too restrained, but I would sugest that these people would prefer to have no restraint and just hang on - despite what the stories say, you can put your arms out in front of you like Superman :)

Well, reports generally say Vekoma's Dutchman is a rough ride, but it's also the more forceful of the two, but this is because neither of the B&M versions were designed really with extreme forces in mind. If they were given a brief to design something like Six Flags' Batman - the Ride, I have no doubt that, as their track record has proven time and time again, they would be perfectly capable of making the most intense yet smooth ride possible. Vekoma have tried so many different things to try and make their coasters smoother, but there hasn't been too much success in it all, so I don't give them much hope to create a new ride that isn't at least somewhat rough. Being fair, the smoothest coaster I've ever ridden (Disney-MGM's Rock'n Rollercoaster) was a Vekoma, but I'd have to say almost entirely thanks to Disney's efforts.