All Quiet at Movie World

dodge53

I wondered how long it would take one of these threads to start, I was actually just thinking the other day that I can't believe no one is asking this... I of course comment one way or another but given how public DW seems to be with their plans, you'd think MW would surely be cooking up something.

If we're all about improving rides, which VTP seem to love doing at the moment even if replacing the old rides, I would love to see LW have a makeover and specifically have the trains changed... I think it was just proved how bad they were when TPR visited and said it was the worst SLC by Vekoma they had ever been one!! That should just show how rough it is and how its time for new trains, which by reviews seem to very comfortable and maybe if they added things like fire and such like X2 they could market it as a whole new experience and breath new life into it!!

If LW still hasn't received new trains by the end of this year I'd give it a 90% chance of a whole new look (including new trains) for 2012.. An educated guess of course but I'm sure most people out there would agree it can't last much longer as it currently stands. TOT is after all around the same age and look how well DW did out of breathing some life back into that old girl?

At the moment the entrance is by Superman (just left of the alley between lethal and superman) but it's temporary. Construction walls block that alley and it appears work is being done there. The que rails are now gone from the front of the theatre.

I suppose at the moment the rails are just a wasted section of metal. I hope they do re-brand the ride. It's no longer relevant. Re-paint it and make a Ironman ride or something. Sure they would have to do it all over again in a few years but the franchise is relatively strong currently My guess is soon the theatre will become a new section for those unused skill games like over near WWF. :P

This isn't a re-branding of the ride and has nothing to do with new trains though. Also the exit hasn't changed, the entrance just has and is temporary at the moment.

Sorry Dj I knew it wasn't permanent but I didn't make that clear in my post! My bad, do you know how long this exit will be temporary for though?

Probably clearer to say an emergency exit is being used as a temp entrance so as not to confuse with the actual ride exit. It's currently a long walk from the exit to entrance. Enter via superman and NOT lethal alley. Can't say how long for sorry. Just telling what can currently be seen if you visit the park.

Maybe LW could at least fit out the trains with the new style SLC restraints which hug your chest and shoulders, I rode an SLC at Morey's Piers which had the new restraints and they totally eliminated ear bashing. For the record I thought T2 at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom was much worse than Lethal Weapon. I agree, Movie World sure could use something, another big-ticket attraction is needed much, crikey, the TPR mob liked Dreamworld better - now that's a bitch slap and a half. I've always marvelled at the quality of many of MW's attractions, but the quantity needs to pick up. Speaking as a potential customer, I haven't been in a long time because there isn't any new quality attractions to draw me back.

I hope they do re-brand the ride. It's no longer relevant. Re-paint it and make a Ironman ride or something. Sure they would have to do it all over again in a few years but the franchise is relatively strong currently

This would never happen in a million years. If they rebrand it would become a Harry potter attraction if they can get permission for JK or would by based of a DC comic. Ironman would never happen as its a Marvel comic now owned by Disney, so not even the slightest chance of Ironman.

Not sure they need to expand the superhero/comic book area of the park anymore. Certainly could do with some improvement (batman simulator needs an upgrade) but it already takes up enough room me thinks. Seems like a bit of a struggle to find good Warner bros movies to theme rides to these days. Sucker punch the ride anybody?

Yea I think getting HP is just about as unrealistic as getting Marvel comics, while Warner has the rigths, it has the rights to the movies and if you want to have something with a HP theme your going to have to cough the big dollars and that's why companies like Universal has it... because they have the guest numbers and money to afford the licence. Also if you were paying that much for the licence I think the last thing you would want is to re-theme a SLC