Tolly's Orlando Adventure

tolly1804

Hi All, I am currently on the Walt Disney World International College Program, working as a lifeguard at Disney’s Blizzard Beach. I would like to take my amazing opportunity and share with you all of the wonderful parks that Orlando has to offer (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Universal Orlando Resort, Universals Island of Adventures, Sea World Orlando, Wet ‘n Wild Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa). In brief the college program is an amazing experience to not only work for Disney (at slave labor rates :P), but experience American (specifically Floridian life), while also having the chance to share my Australian culture with our slightly less educated friends in America. I live in a Disney housing complex called Vista Way (hint: youtube “Vista Way remix”) and room with other Aussies and Kiwi’s, however the complex is full of people from all around the world. We work hard, but we know how to play harder and working for Disney has given me experience that will follow me for the rest of my life… anyway enough about the program, what I am planning on doing is uploading photo trip reports on a semi regular basis (for an Aussie point of view) and would love to answer any questions about the parks or the experience. To kick it off this week I will be reviewing Wet ‘n Wild Orlando, before I get into reviewing the Park, a short bit of history. Wet ‘n Wild opened its gates to the public on March 13, 1977 and is considered the worlds first true water park. It was founded by Sea World creator George Millany and currently has 17 rides and attractions and is now part of Universal Orlando Resort. Stay tuned for the full report!

^ sounds like a lot of fun and I hope you get a lot out of the experience. I lived in Orlando for a bit years ago myself and found it a little isolating after a while but in your case, having some fellow Aussie & Kiwi pals there is surely going to make life easier? Looking forward to hearing how it all goes:)

I saw a poster about the program at Uni last year and it seemed quite interesting. I wasn't able to go to the meeting about it because I had a lecture or something on which was annoying. Do you have to study a subject while you are over there?

Sorry I haven't got my first review up yet, Its been kinda hectic with Easter and all. In my case I have taken a semester off from Uni to come over here, however some Universities allow you to use the program as 1 or 2 credit points. The recruitment team is back in Australia in May, If you cant make the meeting they also have an e presentation online... just google Disney International Programs, they also have facebook and youtube pages if your interested in finding what it is like over here. And MickeyD having locals around makes it a lot easier, Disney do quite well in holding events to help you meet more people as well