Cyclone, turning time at Luna Park Sydney.

CruiseSF

6ac0022if9m0p041omg4em.jpg From RCDB. Here is the original one. post-30-1165378172_thumb.jpg And for those interested, here is of Luna Park Melbourne with its own Big Dipper. LunaPark1.jpg

Keadz you really need to get your facts right. The picture you posted is of the coaster that replaced the Wild Mouse, called the Wild Cat, a Schwarzkopf travelling unit. It went into Luna Park in the early 70's. I should know, I was the one who originally posted that photo into a thread a few years back. It came from an image I took from a special photo exhibition that was chronicling the history of the park. Anyway it most definetly is NOT the Big Dipper. Please take more care Cheers Jobe

Keadz you really need to get your facts right. The picture you posted is of the coaster that replaced the Wild Mouse, called the Wild Cat, a Schwarzkopf travelling unit. It went into Luna Park in the early 70's. I should know, I was the one who originally posted that photo into a thread a few years back. It came from an image I took from a special photo exhibition that was chronicling the history of the park. Anyway it most definetly is NOT the Big Dipper. Please take more care Cheers Jobe

Chill. Just copied the info (albeit incorrect) from where I found the image. Found it really hard to find info of the parks from earlier years actually. If you could direct me to some links with some more indept information of either Luna Parks it would be much appreciated :)

If you really wanted some video, according to Wikipedia:

Between 1996 and 2001, the roller coaster was filmed for sequences in the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen film Our Lips Are Sealed and for Farscape Season 3 episode Infinite Possibilities Part I: Daedalus Demands.

This would most likely just be a few short shots of it, but if you are really interested in seeing some video you could maybe try and track a copy of those down.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys won't believe this but i have a couple of stunning night videos that we took on the coaster NOT WEARING the restraints! At Luna Park Sydney when the coaster was about a year old. It was pretty much the best thing in OZ at the time, and the ride attendants were showing off all the features, and yes, the part about no restraints is true.. The bad news is I have to find it, i know i DO have it, but I have never transferred a video to a computer in my life, and this was taken on old school tape cam. I will try at least find it this week. p.s. we swore a couple of times when riding it, is that ok?