Green Lantern Coaster

joz

I don't think they are sure what they are doing exactly yet because they said they will announce it in July but they left it until the end of July to just say they are building a ride with no clues at all to what it could be. This seems like it was only so they didn't miss the deadline for the announcement, as it was in the final hours of the final day in July.

Just thought I'd post some new info received from Warner Bros. Movie World today. Yes, Wild West Falls is closed for annual maintenance. Yes, a new attraction is being built at the front of the park - but Movie World remained tight lipped on anything but the word "Attraction" They know what they are doing with the new "Attraction", and have not posted anything official yet because they are not ready to announce the details. They did tell me however, that they are close to an announcement and to keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks! Exciting times ahead :) I managed to deduce that the new "attraction" would have a theme, but Movie World would not confirm or deny what it was being themed to. So not really a whole lot of info to pass on, but thought I'd type it anyway. I had a look at the footprint today and it is huge! The ground has been levelled on the car park side of the drain so is it possible the new attraction will be built that far out? Nathan

Just to point out the obvious, but if anybody has read the latest report from Village Roadshow in says that the new Major Rollercoaster will be a 2012 addition. Does anybody have any information to say other wise? In my opinion (with the hesitated anouncement, & and also what Aussienetman has said) it would not surprise me if there is a delay in the opening of the new attraction. It seems that MovieWorld have tried to show that they are installing a new attraction without actually knowing what they are doing - Keeping up with the Jones's. I really hope that I am wrong because I know what Village are capable of. If anyone actually read what I wrote above - please excuse me as I re-read the the announcement and realised that I missed some vital information - FY2012. Probably just the beer. Just ignore me.

Edited by Troy81

Hey Troy, Movie World are on track for the opening of the new attraction in time for Christmas holidays. So although its close to 2012, they are still going to get it in in time for the holidays. When I recieved confirmation of the date for the Fright Night previews I will reconfirm this info for you and see if they will release more infomation. At this stage Movie World have told us to stand by for an announcement within the next few weeks.

Just to point out the obvious, but if anybody has read the latest report from Village Roadshow in says that the new Major Rollercoaster will be a 2012 addition. Does anybody have any information to say other wise? In my opinion (with the hesitated anouncement, & and also what Aussienetman has said) it would not surprise me if there is a delay in the opening of the new attraction. It seems that MovieWorld have tried to show that they are installing a new attraction without actually knowing what they are doing - Keeping up with the Jones's. I really hope that I am wrong because I know what Village are capable of. If anyone actually read what I wrote above - please excuse me as I re-read the the announcement and realised that I missed some vital information - FY2012. Probably just the beer. Just ignore me.

What sort of "MAJOR ROLLER COASTER" can they build in 4 months. I think they could have just said roller coaster.

Anything??? http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=900&q=china+shipping&gbv=2&oq=china+shipping&aq=f&aqi=g6g-m1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3353l6483l0l6892l14l13l0l0l0l0l338l2210l3.4.5.1l13l0

I think it would possibly be track or parts such as a lift chain or gears to drive it - possibly even a lift motor and control box. Just guessing - cause it could be anything.

Would make sense for the train or lift motor to arrive before track foundations are in place would it. I'd be betting it's something for the start of construction. That or a fresh shipment of retail product :P

It could be more merchandise I would assume - but why slam the container out in the car park and have delivery guys picking up cardboard boxes, putting them on trolleys and towing them throughout the park where they're needed? At least we know the goods don't need to be refrigerated - that rules out Ben and Jerry's on Main Street. Dreamworld puts their shipping containers in the carpark in full view of everyone - and unpacks them in full view of the general public. It's like they enjoy showing off their accomplishments. It could be parts for MW's new attractions - and they just might be using a different shipping company to send them. Just my two cents. No offence intended.

Drove past Movie World yesterday noticed concrete truck and heavey machinary woundering if the footing and foundations might have started also 2 containers now in carpark. :D

There is now 4 containers in the car park. and not all of them have China Shipping on them. Edited by Troy81

Outsiders has posted photos of black support beams in the Movie World carpark. It looks like to "el loco" support beams. It looks too thin to be a "free fly" or something else from S&S. I'm disapointed...They could have done something more interesting with better capacity! The new S&S el loco in France brake down all time long because of the harness system! And the capacity is divide by 2. Now I hope Movie World are building a custom el loco.

Outsiders has posted photos of black support beams in the Movie World carpark.

The photos are on their facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/OutsidersAU It's been hinted for months throughout this thread (even the name of the thread, El Loco = crazy) that MW's new coaster will be an El Loco from S&S. example from back in July (MickeyD) -

Get excited people because this thing is gunna be huge!!! - bigger than the few el locos out there and once complete, I hear it could even top out as one of the Park's tallest structures! It will also have a decent capacity with 2 rows, 4 seats across per car which will theoretically double it's hourly capacity from 720 to 1440 riders!

From the look of the supports, it's pretty much confirmed. I'm actually really pleased with the choice. It'll be exciting to see what MW does with this coaster; especially if they are going with a custom layout. Good to see that it's a proper full circuit rollercoaster as well, unlike the one trick pony up the road. Themes? The joker seems like a great option (the idea has been speculated earlier in this thread). I'd say that it's a fitting choice for for the location, plus it's a "El Loco" coaster. Joker = el loco = crazy Edited by Luke