Green Lantern Coaster

joz

The colour of the ride (to me) suggests a Green Lantern theme but looking at Gold Coast City Council development applications it might suggest a Batman theme because a development application for the shop suggests it: 'FITOUT BATMAN RETAIL OUTLET AT MOVIE WORLD' This is another application. It's not the 'EARLY WORKS APPROVAL - BATMAN RETAIL OUTLET' application. Still, the ride and new 'super store' may have separate themes. The new 'super store' doesn't currently look like it's Green Lantern themed in my opinion.

In order of probability Green Lantern The Riddler Poison Ivy The rest ........ Oscar the Grouch The Grinch Green Hornet Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtlea Green Mask Wicked Witch of the West Godzilla Kermit the Frog Jolly Green Giant Green Llama Shrek Gumby Green Arrow Green Goblin Green Power Ranger The Hulk Yoda

I found it on the Movieworld Facebook page, But looks good with the colours and it matches up with the jigsaw they posted on there FB page today. I heard its going to be something like 35 metres tall, not sure how accurate that is but we should see something happening soon

Edited by mattcrombie

Movieworld have started releasing pictures of the new coaster on their Facebook page...slowly haha Basically what they are doing is posting cropped images of the structure and track, which will eventually make up the pieces of a larger photo...displaying the ride. Kinda like a puzzle. It looks like they are using a computer generated image. They have already posted up 4 puzzle pieces. I'm really pleased to see the social media interaction being used by MW to get the hype going. They are doing a good job with it as well; people are actually interested by the looks of the comments. I've been hawking their page for the last couple of days to make sure I don't miss a piece of the puzzle haha. can't wait for this new coaster =D

Edited by Luke

Judging by the 'pieces' being shown on facebook and comparing it to Lethal & Superman in the background, this is looking like it may indeed be the rumoured 35-40 metre version especially created for the Park? Apparently another 'piece' will be released on facebook later today. It would be nice if it is a bigger/taller version that it makes for a bigger layout overall. So long as it doesn't keep slowing down like the French version.

Edited by MickeyD

Wonder if Movie World will ever get anywhere near the amount of followers that Dreamworld has. Have a lot of work to do in that department! Like the unveiling of the ride idea, too bad people have effectively already guessed whats going in. (so I'm led to believe (is it lead or led?))

Edited by keadz

so the latest 'hint' on the official facebook fan page is the unveiling of the new DC comic Super hero store. As previously said, this is going to be a fantastic marketing opportunity to launch the Park's new 'Green Lantern' um, crazy coaster! The next few months are going to be very exciting as the pieces of this exciting new ride and apparent new DC themed area come together