Green Lantern Coaster

joz

I received a My Fun update tonight regarding the return of the VIP pass for 2011/12 fin year and the only thing that was hinted at was that this was going to be a Big year for the Parks.. I hope this isn't just all hype because all indications are this may very well be the case.. Plans for the Tune ride building aside, if a coaster is indeed going in to the front of MW, my money is a Zacspin. Like others have said, it covers a small footprint, is visually striking, within price range and completely unique to what we currently have in OZ.

I have picked up on the few hints from Wyncenuros and Joz and have to ask what proof they have of this style of coaster? If you guys are right I really look forward to this addition to the park but wondering if another Batman themed ride is agood idea. When does it become to much, especially when you already have 2 and 1 of them doesn't even run anywhere near full capacity?

A friend of mine does part time work with one of the construction people working on this... Not sure if this is what I have heard about as I know the plans were for the other side of the carpark but main roads were kicking up a stink... If it is though and they have moved it to keep the peace, looks like MW and DW are heading in a very similar direction with their additions this year...

^^ WHY DOES THERE HAVE TO BE PROOF? I said this before, this is a speculation thread of enthusiasts. I don't know if people are just completely missing the point here but members are perfectly entitled to post as to what they may THINK is or should be happening. There needs to be no proof.

Marking pegs seem to be laying out the current depth and location of both the high voltage lines coming into the park, and the low voltage (240v) lines perhaps going to the car park or signage lighting control. I will get some of the work crew I am currently supervising to have a look in the next couple of days as they are working in that area. I will let you know as soon as I can if i hear anything at all. Regardless it is good to see all the parks with construction taking place again, time to renew the passes I think.

Those pegs are definately marking the HV and LV lines in the area, a closup was posted earlier which showed labels on them. I would dare say the LV line in that area runs to those lights that illuminate the front wall of the park.

I was at the park last weekend and had a look at the pegs. The HV line sort of draws a relatively straight line from the south end vehicle entry gate (to the studios?) slicing across the front gates diagonally and angling toward the helipad. (obviously they don't need HV FOR the helipad, but it's headed in that direction.)

Thanks for that Alex. In that case it would seem that they are indeed heading to the transformer station on the northern side of the park. I have spoken to alot of co-workers within the construction area around the parks today to see if i can get any more info as to the parks new attraction, but without luck. One or two seemed to know something about it but were quite tight lipped about it. On another unrelated topic, the electrical company I work within has been asked if we would be intrested in providing a price for any works in the carpark of one of the parks, but we have yet to see any paperwork come into the office at this stage. If anything comes in and I am able to let you know I will. I might try to get down to the parks on Sunday to see if i can help with the reports..

Just wanted to point out to the folks not in the construction loop that the pegs being pointed out are just to show cables that already exist, so people don't dig through them. Theyre not indicative of what may be going on out there.

It's a new entry point for batman adventure. they are removing the batcave preshow and library theming. The library preshow wilbe.shown.in.the queue line. Guests will then board one of two modules. The main.queue, library, bat cave and 3/4 of exsisting module space will be leveled to clear room for new.attraction. I spoke to a guy selling Churros and this is what he told me is happening. Also, he said mw will be.toning down Halloween this year. No mazes, no scares. Trick or treating for kids aka mickey's not so scary.Halloween.at disneyworld.

I went down to Movieworld yesterday and took a few pictures! The view from just inside the gate: post-224-0-17883000-1307834148_thumb.jpg Standing near the Bat Mobile: post-224-0-88360100-1307834171_thumb.jpg Construction around a sign post: post-224-0-27812400-1307834219_thumb.jpg What's behind the fences? post-224-0-15997300-1307834237_thumb.jpg You know something is happening when you see this: post-224-0-60097900-1307834271_thumb.jpg What was the entrance on the Adventure Ride side: post-224-0-18166400-1307834285_thumb.jpg Looks like they're taking out the whole fence: post-224-0-37414100-1307834304_thumb.jpg Bit of a haircut? post-224-0-14660400-1307834322_thumb.jpg I think we know this is somehow involved in the works: post-224-0-29574300-1307834339_thumb.jpg The front entry to the shop: post-224-0-08383800-1307834363_thumb.jpg

Good spot with the construction signage. Obviously the very good job they did at Sea World gave Stokes Wheeler the opportunity to get involved at movieworld as well...Stokes Wheeler - Current projects They're certainly not a ride construction company - they build buildings, halls and that sort of thing. Perhaps they're doing the show buildings? who knows.... ;)

It's a new entry point for batman adventure. they are removing the batcave preshow and library theming. The library preshow wilbe.shown.in.the queue line. Guests will then board one of two modules. The main.queue, library, bat cave and 3/4 of exsisting module space will be leveled to clear room for new.attraction. I spoke to a guy selling Churros and this is what he told me is happening. Also, he said mw will be.toning down Halloween this year. No mazes, no scares. Trick or treating for kids aka mickey's not so scary.Halloween.at disneyworld.

never ever believe anything you hear from someone selling churros... lets just say Halloween will be bigger then ever before! with more of the things they said there would be none of!