Green Lantern Coaster

joz

I also had the opportunity to ride yesterday - and thanks to the person who pointed out gold VIP holders get ERT from 9.15am, with the rest of the general public being admitted from 9.30am. Everytime i begin to doubt whether buying the gold pass was a good idea - VRTP give me another good reason why I did. We were the first 2 people on the ride (took nothing in with us except our vip passes so we didn't need to fiddle with lockers etc... In 15 minutes, we rode 4 times, and only had to walk around once - the rest of the time we just lifted the harnesses, and changed seats for a different experience.

• [*]Onboard audio was non existent - however i notice that the audio controls at the rear of the car have operator-adjustable volume up and down buttons. [*]They have done exceptionally well with fine-detail theming, including the lantern logos on the back of each seat. [*]the oath (printed on the back of each train) should also be on the inside row (rear of front seats) so the back row can see them too [*]IMHO - front right hand seat is the best ride experience, followed by front left. the back row, even though slightly elevated, loses the "floorless" effect you get in the front, but is still a reasonable experience to be worthwhile. I felt the front row had less speed through certain elements, while the back row went through those elements a little faster (for obvious reasons). [*]Whilst it's interesting to see the on-board circuitry, and the giant capacitor, I do wish they'd have hidden it a bit more than a clear perspex box. [*]Subliminally, I had an overwhelming urge for the rest of the day to 'Give in to my fear'. [*]For such a compact little coaster, it's very enjoyable. The lap-bar-only harness system does leave you feeling a little more out of control, and the 4-across "overhanging" seating makes those outside front seats an interesting ride. The camera section is quite slow (I expected it to be faster than it is) and apparently the camera isn't always a reliable shot - having missed our first and third rides.

Sad to hear about the on-board audio not working. Hopefully that gets fixed very soon. Also sad to hear about the temporary white quickshades. I really hate it when theme parks ruin a decent looking area with stuff like that - almost as much as I hate theme parks that stick up laminated A4 printed signs everywhere. I'm just surprised they didn't think about shade when they were planning the queue. I really hope they build some decent shade structures that complement the theming and not just slap up a standard Village white sail. Doesn't Batwing Spaceshot use a big temporary (but now permanent) umbrella over its queue? Looks hideous

The on board audio was working on some (but not all) trains today however the ride was having technical difficulties in the afternoon. The three shade tents are certainly temporary and I am sure a more permanent solution will be implemented after holiday crowds die down.

Edited by Jordan M

I went to movie world yesterday with my family and the first thing I went to was Wild West Falls as it was sooooooooo hot! All of the queue lines were open and I don't think I have every seen it the busy! I went on superman Escape for the first time and it is so fun. On to the point of this post. So we joined the queue for Green Lantern. The audio in the lines was driving me mad especially the part were they went "GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!" They were completely out of sync! So we were about to go onto the ride when it broke down so they had to get everyone off then put everyone back on. So those people went along. We got on the coaster and as they were checking the lap bars they discovered that my sister didn't fit properly. She was tall enough but not wide enough. So we had to get off. Why can't they make the lap bars and things come all the way down to the seat so everyone can fit onto it! *END OF RANT*

Edited by mba2012

i just want to update on the audio issues alot of people seem to be having as im yet to ride the green lantern without audio and i been on it 6 times on three different days and audio has always worked its seems like most people are short no offence as my wife is short and cant hear audio for the ride but im tall and my head is near the speakers so unless you have you head near the speakers you wont hear it during the ride and the audio only starts just before the lift hill. i have also spoken to staff about lifting the sound but they are saying that it is as high as it goes so sounds like a cheap system but anyway its a great ride which has to be ridden in different seats to get the full ride as each seat feels different

I'm just on 6 foot tall - and my head rests below the speakers. i haven't heard it once (although 3 of my rides were on the same car) so either i'm not getting the ones that work, or the 3 inches that i am below the speakers is enough to not hear it. If that be the case - very poor design work IMHO. A great addition and great effect wasted. Can't turn the volume up? that's as loud as it goes? have these guys ever ridden ROTM? Space Mountain? come on - it isn't hard to have a bit more volume...

On Monday I queued for 2 hours watching GL break down every 5 mins. They'd let 2 train loads of people on, then the chain would stop and they'd send about 10 test cars through. Very irritating sitting in the sun listening to the extremely annoying queue audio every 5 seconds. We got stuck listening to Parallax for an hour before we had enough and left the queue. VERY pissed off. I know new rides break down but this is just ridiculous.

See in my mind, having audio in the queue is a very nice touch. But maybe they should have designed it so that it played some GL style music instead with occasional dialogue thrown in. Perhaps they should have created more dialogue too so that there would be more variety instead of a continual loop. I haven't heard the recordings myself, but I hope they at least sound professional. I would hope MW hired proper voice actors and didn't just use management to do it

A looping audio track in the queue is fine - take lethal weapon as a prime example - it just needs more variety, and to last longer.

Exactly. I was also questioning the quality of the audio - I haven't heard it personally - but the complaints from everyone make me wonder if it's 'dodgy'. I think it's great that they made a bit more effort to make the queue line immersive

If I owned a theme park, Id be tricky and link audio track programming with the queue time information system. The amount of length of the queue area taken up, at various queue times, varies. On a quiet day, queue audio would be on a shorter loop to make sure every guest gets the story in the time spent waiting (5-10 min) On busier days, the loop would be longer to avoid repetitivness.

i'd have the same loop, but have a beam across a doorway or section of the path that triggers playback as the beam is broken, but restrict the loop from replaying within a certain timeframe - this way - if noone walks through the queue (such as that with the 'give in to your fear' loop), it wouldn't play. To be honest, if this playback was set to such a trigger - in that it didn't just continuously replay over and over - it might actually scare some people when it does trigger just as they walk by.

I found the audio extremely annoying. Everyone else in the line would groan every time it played, and one person even tried to punch the parallax statue in an attempt to shut it up. Just some music wouldve been fine. Even the audio would be more bearable if the oath wasn't said in such a stupid way, and if they gave parallax a butter menthol. Just saying.

I found the audio extremely annoying. Everyone else in the line would groan every time it played, and one person even tried to punch the parallax statue in an attempt to shut it up. Just some music wouldve been fine. Even the audio would be more bearable if the oath wasn't said in such a stupid way, and if they gave parallax a butter menthol. Just saying.

I take it that parallax sounds a bit like the fella with the voice (that sounds like he's swallowed a ton of coarse gravel) on VHQ07 sometimes?

Yeah see that is what I was worried about. A dodgy recording as opposed to a really professional one. I really don't think they should do these things 'in-house', as I suspect this may have been. Still, I hope MW can re-jig the audio and improve it rather than just flat out remove it all together

So I thought I'd get some benefit out of my Gold Pass and get to MW at 9:15AM for the early entry so I could ride Green Lantern for the first time. Walking past the crowd and straight through the gate was nice (do you really need to line up 45 minutes early people?). Get past the turnstile and am told Batman Spaceshot is open. Not Green Lantern. Spaceshot gets boring after the second go. Still broken as I was leaving having ridden Superman and WWF. I know it's getting on in years, but I have the worst luck with new rides, still waiting to go on BuzzSaw... ps. is the flower cart opposite the BBQ new? pps. Kinect tent looked nice, but lonely

(do you really need to line up 45 minutes early people?).

Actually - when we went last weekend, the gates opened at 9am - to everyone. Gold VIP's get onto the 'early open' ride at 9:15am, and the rest of the public at 9:30... We got 4 rides in on GL in that 15 minutes, and only got off the train once. The early entry ride is for everyone from 9:30, and i can see sense (especially in the summer holidays) of opening the main gates at 9am - if everything opens at 10 - including the front gate - then WWF, RRRC, and even scooby won't see people for at least 10 minutes as people sort out lockers etc. At least this way, your staff are being paid to work, not wait.