Green Lantern Coaster

joz

As far as audio, all 4 carriages had audio going nice and loud for the first runs of the day (Saturday am) Went back after lunch and saw that all 4 had the audio switched off on the box at the back. Queried this with the attendant who said is was due to the on and off rain...

Has anyone else noticed that they have covered the LED Logo on the fronts on the carriages with a transparent green plastic (I don't think they were always like that, though maybe I'm wrong). I'm guessing its so that the logo is still "complete" even if a few LED's aren't working. I think they should do the same to the large logo at the top of the drop, the last few weeks there have be large sections of the LED's not working on the left-side making it look tacky. If they covered it with the same transparent plastic the logo would always look complete and even with some of the lights not working the sign will be illuminatedby the remaing ones.

Edited by rac2703

I've had audio 50% of the time, but I think it only improves the lift hill and first drop part of the ride, otherwise you are too busy yelling to notice. I guess it adds to your subconscious experience of the ride, but in my opinion GL was just as good without audio. If anything, the ride is more serious & scary without it.

Actually that wouldn't work for the large logo at all. The brightness of the sign would never be enough I covered in Perspex. Each individual LED in that sign has its own protective 'hood' to shade it from the sun and that's how it is so bright. It's actually based on LED video screen technology just without the red and blue LEDs to complete the image. I'm certain the minor glitches in the sign will be solved permanently very soon ;)

Edited by djrappa

I think it's time for a retheme to Blue Lantern, this coaster is getting on in years.

Hehe..its funny that a throw-away line that definitively ended a stupid, pedantic argument has now become a Parkz comedy classic- its good to see that a sense of humour , though smalll and insignificant, flickers and burns with a small flame. As noted, good to see!!! We need it to burn brighter and far more often!! :D

• 1 month later...

I was at MW yesterday and was keen to try the green lantern but as told it was shut for maintenance. I asked around some of the employees and was told that some of the people who built the ride from america were trying to fix it and would be fixed withing a few days. I could see them playing around with the trains as they were where the problem was occurring.

According to TZA it is a harness issue. Anyone know anything about this?

I asked around some of the employees and was told that some of the people who built the ride from america were trying to fix it and would be fixed withing a few days. I could see them playing around with the trains as they were where the problem was occurring.

Hmmm... We went on the weekend. I was speaking to the ride staff and they said "it has something to do with the train's." Edited by JamesL