Green Lantern Coaster

joz

Does mw need a facebook page with 300000 fans ? Nope... They are probably worried about teenagers who have no other connection to thr park other than thr annual pass their mummy bought them for good grades, speakibg for them and acting like they are the voice of the park. Once those kids grow tired of playing thr facebook like game, mw might think about ramping up its socail network presence. Further, VRTP knows its sitting on quality. It does not need to rely on a facebook campaign because its planned poorly for the future Dreamworld know they can't match VRTP's 2011 offerings so its banking on a bigger fbook presence. Movieworld know that once they release details about the new ride they won't need to bank on 300000 fans .

Does mw need a facebook page with 300000 fans ? Nope...

Of course they do. Having 300,000 people you can advertise to without paying a cent is a great asset. Dreamworld have a huge marketing advantage over the VRTP parks at the moment, particularly when the parks have chosen to move to the cheap annual passes model. This is the time that a lot of the local families will be purchasing passes -- if I were a parent and I had to choose between a park that has announced a "multi million dollar attraction" versus a park that has already opened a new ride and another to come in just a couple of months time, I know which one I'd buy. Edited by Flea

If I was a parent the decision would be easy for me. VRTP all the way. The new ride my kids are to small to ride. The coaster out front will.be the same story. They.stripped nickelodeon theming for generic and no.official announcement of replacement. VRTP have the WB gang and Sesame Street friends. Not to mention the great family movies at wet n wild once the weather heats up. That's if I was a parent...

there's plenty of year left to buy passes...

Sure there is, but like I said above this is the time that locals will be assessing which park has the better offering this year which, in the general public's eye at least, is Dreamworld. We all know that VRTP offers better quality attractions, but the longer that MW's new ride is kept somewhat of a secret, the more passes Dreamworld will sell. Remember that not everyone can afford both passes. Edited by Flea

Hello there! So unfortunately, I'm still without a camera, so I can't get photos of a good enough quality for a Parkz Update. But since we all want to see how the new rides are coming along, I took at trip to both Dreamworld and Movieworld to check out the latest progress and take some photos... on my iPhone. Here are the photos from Movieworld, not to be reposted elsewhere: post-3-0-34620600-1312183160_thumb.jpg Work has begun on Movieworld's newest coaster post-3-0-81551000-1312183224_thumb.jpg There are even the names of contractors and a sign which says 'Construction site' post-3-0-56203500-1312183271_thumb.jpg Peeking through the gap in the fence reveals; lens flair! post-3-0-18315300-1312183316_thumb.jpg Lens flair will apparently be a major part of this ride post-3-0-98171900-1312183372_thumb.jpg Double fencing all the way... post-3-0-39907600-1312183439_thumb.jpg ... along the entrance! post-3-0-38303700-1312183540_thumb.jpg The construction area takes up all the land from the old entrance to the studios right up to the main entrance to the park. post-3-0-29571500-1312183592_thumb.jpg Expect to see big changes to this patch of sky soon post-3-0-61050400-1312183489_thumb.jpg Before (See update from December 2011 for the after picture post-3-0-61973400-1312183637_thumb.jpg Another before picture In the Dreamworld thread I noted how Buzzsaw will really add to the excitement from the carpark, well I'm really looking forward to the effect Movieworlds new ride will have on the entrance. While it will be really noisy with riders screams for sure, seeing a car navigate the track every min or so will be a very entertaining sight for those waiting in line to enter the park. While I hope the move away from dark rides isn't permanent, and Movieworld opens a family friendly dark ride in the future, it's great to see Movieworld adding a big new thrill ride, the park needs it. With Movieworld's new ride, entertainment offerings and park refreshment, it really is a good year to be an enthusiast in Australia

"theme Park social network" appears to be another facebook fan page made up by a kid with no tie to WVTP. If I created a fan site on facebook and filled it with pics of the green lantern, would you assume it was a Green Lantern ride? Thrillrider, you are better off sticking to these forums then joining a facebook group. These forums have the up to date, Important and factual info when it comes out. I wouldn't believe most of the things that get posted on thr unoffical fan pages. Parkz is the only place for verified info from inside sources and the very talented admin team. If it hasn't been officially announced by a park, or its not here on Parkz, then its nothing but a rumour. Now, to start my catwoman rollercoaster fan page on facebook In fact, looking at the creator of "theme park social network" profile he seems to have a thing for superheroes in general (especially catwoman and Batman ) so a picture from thr new movie on his facebook fan page means nothing. Oh, and he's started spamming the official park walls which is a fantastic way to make friends with the parks.

Thrillrider, you are better off sticking to these forums then joining a facebook group. These forums have the up to date, Important and factual info when it comes out. I wouldn't believe most of the things that get posted on thr unoffical fan pages. Parkz is the only place for verified info from inside sources and the very talented admin team. If it hasn't been officially announced by a park, or its not here on Parkz, then its nothing but a rumour.

^ This!!! I run one of the sites/pages mentioned in the other thread and will say when it comes to news as to whats happening I prefer to direct people to parkz when the information is more up to date or less than official than what I have. This is the only Australian community site I visit when I am looking at what has been happening at the parks recently and don't have the chance to get to them myself. Everything from the Village parks I have read comes from here as I just don't trust the other sites as much as I do this one. Personally I can't see the ride being referred to as a Batman ride. Three rides in the one area with Batman name is just too much.

I went to Movie World yesterday for the first time since 2002 and I was absolutely floored that my fave ride (Wild West Falls) was closed for "maintenance". From after the dodgem cars area, the place was desolate and it really brought down the vibe of the entire park (for me anyways). With that closed and the river ride closed, that only left Scooby Doo, Lethal Weapon, Superman, the spaceshot and Roadrunner as decent rides. We'd done everything (including the shows) within about 3 and a half hours - that includes lunch. And we weren't even rushing. Movie World desperately needs new attractions if it's going to bring back locals every few years, because right now it's a once in a decade type of destination.

I went to Movie World yesterday for the first time since 2002 and I was absolutely floored that my fave ride (Wild West Falls) was closed for "maintenance". From after the dodgem cars area, the place was desolate and it really brought down the vibe of the entire park (for me anyways). With that closed and the river ride closed, that only left Scooby Doo, Lethal Weapon, Superman, the spaceshot and Roadrunner as decent rides. We'd done everything (including the shows) within about 3 and a half hours - that includes lunch. And we weren't even rushing. Movie World desperately needs new attractions if it's going to bring back locals every few years, because right now it's a once in a decade type of destination.

Whilst i do agree they need new attractions, something which they are currently working on, if you had checked the website you would have seen that Wild West Falls has had scheduled maintenance booked in for this period since early in the year - if it is your fav ride you should have worked around the annual maintenance dates. Im hoping as it is down for over a month that they may be freshening up some of the themeing.

It does suck POP and I feel your pain. During off-season Movie world is a half-day park, and hopefully the new attraction coming at the end of the year will fill up the day more. The final drop at WWF has been removed completely. There are some photos on some of the unofficial fan pages of the WWF without its drop. It's pretty obvious a staff member has entered this area and taken the pic. I don't know how much theming they are working on, but the drop is definitely having some maintenance done.