Green Lantern Coaster

joz

I reckon the animation looks like it was done by Keith McVeen. http://www.3dvip.com/About/About.htm He has done a lot of work in the past for places like Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Paramounts and Holiday World. Would be nice if MW released a full POV and fly by vid...Would be able to tell if it was his work or not.

Edited by Gazza

^Valid point but shame his portfolio work only goes up to 2007 on the site. Been said many times before but it's a shame our Parks are so secretive about their plans till the last minute. I ran the video on the site frame by frame (yeah i'm a total theme park nerd i know) and from what i could see the ride's layout looks pretty standard. The only thing that I can think of that could be different is bringing the load/unload station south toward the Batride, keeping the boarding area within the main Park berm

Strangely, the MyFun website is down. Is the animation worth watching?

If you wish sure, but its nothing too flash (pun not intended) its just the standard "Buy our parks pass because were the only parks on the Gold Coast" type ad with about 5 seconds of ride if your lucky, its just the 1st drop and the logo. TBH the ad on the side of the page is more appealing....

What's that supposed to mean? Need I give any more examples? Ride type has nothing to do with how well you can theme it.

The difference is the layout and space used by the ride. Going by the video the ride is very crammed in or tightly packed. Leaving very little room for theming. The only place the theming could go is the queue. The ride itself will be more like a six flags park then you would like.

So another Roller-Coaster based on a Superhero, Or more specifically Green Lantern which film was critically and publicly disliked, was also a financial disappointment let alone was released months ago... With Superman Escapes and two Batman rides, Can't Movie World theme this to something other then a Superhero? With a limited selection in rides, They need to be a bit more diverse in theming.

The difference is the layout and space used by the ride. Going by the video the ride is very crammed in or tightly packed. Leaving very little room for theming. The only place the theming could go is the queue. The ride itself will be more like a six flags park then you would like.

Or an IOA coaster.... They don't have theming beyond the queue :P Getting back to the topic, bear in mind the coaster bits of Superman and Lethal don't have theming either anyway but that doesn't make them "Six flags coasters". I'd define six flags coasters as ones having theming that is really only logos and random crap related to the character, arranged in a meaningless manner... SF Great Adventures version of the ride would be a prime example, as would be the Superman coaster going in at SF Discovery Kingdom. .... Most thrill coasters don't have theming on the main bit, except for a rare handful like Black Mamba, Rock n rollercoaster etc.

Very wishful thinking but I'd love if the lift was entirely enclosed with lights/smoke inside. They could then take Timber Drop's idea and build hollow skyscrapers that the car will fly in and around. The coaster itself will be great, but I just think that simple ideas like this will add so much more to the experience.

So another Roller-Coaster based on a Superhero, Or more specifically Green Lantern which film was critically and publicly disliked, was also a financial disappointment let alone was released months ago... With Superman Escapes and two Batman rides, Can't Movie World theme this to something other then a Superhero? With a limited selection in rides, They need to be a bit more diverse in theming.

Because putting in a coaster that has nothing to do with the DC universe in an area of DC character attractions and shops will make perfect sense!

What movie franchise that is not a superhero and has been successful that they have the rights too.