Green Lantern Coaster

joz

I didn't realise there was a possibility they might build the station on the 'inner' side of the track. I thought it would be on the other side, but figured there wasn't much room due to the little creek. Still hard to imagine how it will be done and if they can fit in a decently themed loading area... but I guess we will wait and see when it all comes together. joz - I agree with you regarding Batman Adventure and am also hoping they replace it with a decent dark ride. Does anyone have any pictures of the actual Batman Adventure ride building/s? Could they really fit much of a dark ride into the existing buildings? I had a look at Google Maps but hard to tell how much room is actually available

All i can say is, detour detour detour! It sure took away some atmosphere when getting into Fright Night last Saturday night, but yet, I guess still exciting with all the photos on the construction gates. But I reckon it'll look great outside the theme park just like the BuzzSaw did to Dreamworld. It makes it more exciting when entering and even driving past the park. Just hoping it has excellent theming like the Lethal Weapon and The Wild West Falls.

Passed through today, Rainy weather on the Gold Coast. The wall thats been knocked down near batman is going to be a viewing area/deck. The entrance will be at the end where the bridge already is were staff vehicles can go and there is a gate. Guest will pass over that to the ride loading area. img8974ky.th.jpg img8975b.th.jpg img8977o.th.jpg

So has anyone taken a real look at the supports and figured if this will be a standard El Loco or something extra? Besides the 4 wide and lap bar seating that is.

The supports are different to a standard sized el loco. Because of the car being 4 wide, It has a lot more supports and beams to make it wider for the car. Its just under 40 meters tall.

It'll be exciting to see what MW does with this coaster; especially if they are going with a custom layout.

I believe our version is a custom design that will feature trains not seen on this ride design before

...this is looking like it may indeed be the rumoured 35-40 metre version especially created for the Park? It would be nice if it is a bigger/taller version that it makes for a bigger layout overall

Whilst it looks to be your standard El loco layout, the dimensions seem blown out to super size + the 8 seater cars (4 abreast) are now official

Do we know if this layout will be the same as Steel Hawg, Mumbo Jumbo and Timber Drop?

By looking at these photos, is it possible to confirm we are getting a larger model of the El Loco?

Well going off the animated promo Movie World have on their site it looks to be a standard El Loco layout, just bigger in size.

Well i'd say that a standard El Loco but bigger in size = a larger model of the El Loco So you are both correct??

The way I interpreted "larger model of the El Loco" was in reference to a possible extended layout

Everything in this thread regarding my question... No real answer there... Yes bigger because it is 4 wide instead of 2 wide... Yes lap bars only... Nothing about whether it is the basic layout only or not, and the only part that comes close has already been questioned regarding artistic license vs actual ride.

Movieworld have posted up a new construction pic of Green Lantern...well I asked them for one, and 24 hours later... bam! :P299651_10150337693377182_106147617181_8403502_244411155_n.jpg Gees its gone up fast o.O ...what's it been; around 3 weeks now?? They have finished the main support structure, and are moving onto the track. It seems as if movieworld's "changing our skyline, one superhero ride at a time" scheme is working. It's going to be a great spectacle as you drive in and walk up to the gates of the park. Now with Superman, Batwing and Green Lantern dominating the skyline.

Edited by Luke

Thanks Luke! I am SO excited about this ride. I know there's been some negativity around here because its not a "B&M" but let's face it, its not wise for Movie World to spend 3 times the money on a rollercoaster that isn't going to have much more of a return that this one. I'm happy and I can't wait to ride it :D Also, this ride >>>> Crudsaw.

Thanks Luke! I am SO excited about this ride. I know there's been some negativity around here because its not a "B&M" but let's face it, its not wise for Movie World to spend 3 times the money on a rollercoaster that isn't going to have much more of a return that this one. I'm happy and I can't wait to ride it :D Also, this ride >>>> Crudsaw.

It would actually create much more return then this coaster. As it will get people from around the work come and try it. While this coaster can be ridden in many other places in the world. The only difference looks like it has 4 across and lapbar restraints.