Green Lantern Coaster

joz

So looks like I was right with Six flags style theming.

Bit of an arrogant comment! They have barely even begun building any theming yet! This is all that exists so far...Some cranked and angled posts. 379035_10150347329366616_6404771615_8228014_1492901902_n.jpg How does that suggest the quality of the final product? Remember When Buzzsaw was being built, remember when the station just looked like this: 0715-1_Buzzsaw_16.jpg It could have been very easy to write it off that the building would only end up like this in the end: 0704-1_Vintage-Cars_002.jpg I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at, given how similar the two looked structurally (Like a simple carport) . But it didn't turn out like that at all, the managed to do something that looked pretty good. So, I think you are just jumping on excuses to be negative...For some reason. Edited by Gazza

I live in NSW

Well there's your problem

• [*]Sea World: Why even bother going all you do is look at animals (Due to lack of rides). If I wanted to do that I would just go to the Aquarium (Sydney), as the only different animals are the Dolphins. Plus the Aquarium has more
At Sea World you can make contact with marine life wonders and experience a whole world of amazing rides, shows and attractions at a Gold Coast theme park favourite! More than just a theme park, Sea World is committed to educating guests about the marine environment, and playing an active role in Australian marine research and rescue. So if your friends can't do any research to find out what the park is all about, that's their problem. A themepark is more than just rides, especially one based around marine life. Compare our park to the Seaworlds in the USA and you will find we actually have more rides at the moment. (7v6)

Just going on the fact that the ride is near completion and almost nothing has started, the logo has already gone in out the front and its normally one of the last things to go in.

What do you mean by the logo. At the ride entrance? Haven't seen this yet. Still not getting how you can say the ride is near completion, when we don't even know what the final state of completeness will be, and what proportion of that we are up to.

Limited time to get good theming done and I wanted to see your reaction to that and I guess it worked.

I'd say we are 5 weeks out from opening, if they want to have it ready before White Christmas. They actually put the entire track structure together in 5 weeks, first to last piece, but 5 weeks to put in theming is not enough? If you recall, 5 weeks out from opening, Buzzsaw didn't even have the track finished, and the station building was just a frame (Though we could tell it was going to have a crooked roof at least) These pics were taken 5 weeks out from opening: http://www.parkz.com.au/update/2011/08/14/278-Dreamworld_August_2011.html Edited by Gazza

Also, today Green Lantern's trains were delivered and covered in wrap. I can however confirm from getting a glimpse that they are 4 abreast with the lap bars shown in the pictures. Hopefully testing should start in the next week or 2.

My mate sent me a picture and here it is. :) Just also the seats have built in speakers in the headrest!!

post-2699-0-21599400-1320541226_thumb.pn

Edited by Randy23

Woah woah hang on. So its fake rock and looks kinda cool, and it's considered SF theming? 299124_187252221356394_132673766814240_409316_1958499116_n.jpg Who cares if the signage is 'normally' the last thing to be done. Normally the gift shop is the last thing to be done too, and we got that several months ahead of opening! You might be reading into things too much, it could just be that doing the theming around the entrance now instead of later makes sense, because its on the other side of the creek, so work can go on independent of the main coaster. This is for Gogoboy too, but spot the electrical conduit in the rockwork and the shape of the untextured reddish coloured bit. I'm guessing that the ride name will go there, and it will be illuminated. There's your 3D signage.

Just also the seats have built in speakers in the headrest!!

Win :D Edited by Gazza

Any ideas what they could do with speakers? Is there precedent for more than just music. Excuse my ignorance... Was thinking considering the movie storyline, that different elements of the ride could represent different transformations? Probably too far fetched though.

Edited by keadz

Cruiseshipfan i really think your jumping the gun a little!!! All Projects have a timeline. My guess is that based on the fact that there are no disruptions to the entrance area of this attraction, seeing it is a little distance away they are able to begin work on the front area without getting in the way of work that has to be completed to the track structure. Over the past few days it looks as if they have been completing final work to the track, supports and the whole structure, which now allows trains to be fitted and the wheel bogies to be alined correctly. Which like gazza had mentioned were looking at atleast 5 weeks for themeing to be put in place which is more than enough time. Also keeping in mind the fact that were probably looking at an official launch date of boxing day like we do most attractions, with white christmas acting as a possible soft opening/launch. So with that in mind if there is some minor set back the park still has another 3 weeks to play with on top of the 5 if they didnt launch the attraction until boxing day. These companies aren't stupid they know exactly what there doing, Warner Bros. Movie World alone has had 20 years experience, having pulled together a fairly decent line up of attractions in time for a boxing day opening.

Did anyone see Green Lantern Coaster lit up green on Monday? Who's looking forward to the 120 degree drop??? Jump on the Warner Bros. Movie World - Gold Coast, Australia page for updates on the construction!

http://www.facebook....239342026121460 Turns out Green Lantern's drop will be the second steepest in the world (Takabisha is number 1 with a drop of 121 degrees). In regards to theming, I think it is already better than Six Flags' attempt.

Any ideas what they could do with speakers? Is there precedent for more than just music. Excuse my ignorance... Was thinking considering the movie storyline, that different elements of the ride could represent different transformations? Probably too far fetched though.

Back when Apocalypse at SF Magic Mountain was Branded terminator and still had speakers, there was some music, but mostly the sounds of "The terminators" in hot pursuit, with sounds of machine guns, "They're coming", and of course the famous catch cry from the ride "Take the tunnel!" The Bizzaro coasters also had some "interesting" sounds onboard.
Edited by Gazza

http://www.facebook....239342026121460 Turns out Green Lantern's drop will be the second steepest in the world (Takabisha is number 1 with a drop of 121 degrees). In regards to theming, I think it is already better than Six Flags' attempt.

To be fair, it has a themed queue and a massive lantern out the front. The ride's pretty good too, apart from the restraint clamping down on my thighs in the last invert.

Why didn't they just make it 2 more degrees and get the steepest roller coaster drop and increase international numbers. Plus can anyone photoshop the image over one of the other coasters to see how steep it looks compared to them.

do you really think adding 2 deg would increase international numbers? Nothing personal but at a guess 1% of the world population are theme park fans, the rest enjoy going to theme parks just like going shopping or to a sports game and trust me adding 2 deg to a coaster drop isn't going to be a tourist reason for visiting Australia.

If it's going to be opening during the White Christmas period it would be much better to get it open before the start (10th December) as it would be a little disappointing to choose a day of the event before the opening of a huge new thrill ride. It's on the White Christmas page on the website as an attraction open and it would also be awkward struggling the ride opening before the event starts if they choose to open it in the middle.

Edited by jimmyonparkz