Green Lantern Coaster

joz

It certainly hangs on the first drop for a fraction longer, and the lift hill was slower also. the timing of the segments from first drop to last shouldn't vary much, because the magnetic trim should behave relatively the same each time - but after that, only the trim brakes will change the overall timing of each segment. just my theory anyway.

Is anyone else concerned?

me... :S Yes there is a good looking sign, a little landscaping...but gees if Movieworld have decided to do minimal theming on this ride, I am very scared. Movieworld distinguishes itself from the other parks in Australia with it's themeing and providing an experience, rather than just another ride. The general public knows this very well; not just us. The thing is, this coaster ain't some filler attraction between rides, the Green Lantern coaster is a major investment. It should really be heavily themed just like the other coasters in the park. Please...please...please Movieworld have something up your sleeve, cause atm (completely agree with you reanimated) the ride looks like a "permanent travelling coaster". :/ Edited by Luke

me... :S Yes there is a good looking sign, a little landscaping...but gees if Movieworld have decided to do minimal theming on this ride, I am very scared. Movieworld distinguishes itself from the other parks in Australia with it's themeing and providing an experience, rather than just another ride. The general public knows this very well; not just us. The thing is, this coaster ain't some filler attraction between rides, the Green Lantern coaster is a major investment. It should really be heavily themed just like the other coasters in the park. Please...please...please Movieworld have something up your sleeve, cause atm (completely agree with you reanimated) the ride looks like a "permanent travelling coaster". :/

I definitely share the sentiment with all of you. I have TRIED to keep quiet as I often get so negative in the lead-up to the opening of these things and yet they usually manage to pull it all together at the last minute. Although I have to admit that station is looking very troubling at the moment.... and that ramp?! leading from the bridge all the way to the ride? I think if this ends up being the case (no or minimal theming), we need to all let Movie World know how disappointed we are. If they are inundated with emails or letters it may give them the message that people are not happy with this new direction and want to see the immersive theming return. Just chatting about it on the forums isn't enough (they won't take it seriously). But let's wait and see what happens. Benefit of the doubt!! Edited by GoGoBoy

The stairs to the mud is a good idea.

LOL 'the stairs to the mud'. I was also thinking that the headrest speakers, which I'm presuming will play a themed soundtrack or music, will seem very out of place and kinda pointless if there is no other ride theming. I don't think any of us expected anything incredible theming wise for this ride, but it should at least match Dreamworld's Buzzsaw (and being Movie World should be quite a bit better really). The fact that the ride is so oddly placed outside the perimeter of the park also justifies some theming to help tie it in. Although I do note that both Batwing and Superman have very little external theming - so maybe MW thinks that is acceptable for this area (it's not!!) Edited by GoGoBoy

I was also thinking that the headrest speakers, which I'm presuming will play a themed soundtrack or music, will seem very out of place and kinda pointless if there is no other ride theming.

Agreed. The lights and speakers had me convinced that an equally as impressive station and queue would be built. It's evident that MW have decided that the ROI is just not worth the extra effort -- and in reality they'd be right, the only people complaining about the open air station will be us, the rest will be talking about the ride itself.

Dont forget that Lethal Weapon was built with no themeing first. The original track was red and blue... i beleive that was how it was for open and a few months until the cinema was added and the switch back, shops etc. Well at least thats how i remember it. I have looked for info but cant find anything. They may be getting the ride working operationally and then adding this after. I still however do no understand what all of the fuss is? This is a decent coaster, looks great where it has been put, has a light and sound package.... How much more enjoyable would eleborate themeing add? There are complaints left right and centre about the loss of Batman, Looney Tunes and Bermuda. Wouldn't you rather them channel their 'themeing' money and efforts towards these rides that demand eloborate themeing? I mean i relate it back to the Terminator Wooden Coaster at Six Flags, or whatever it is now called.... It had flame, tunnels, 2 pre-show rooms... the pre-show was LAME.... the coaster was LAME and the effects were naff. They should have saved all the money spent on themeing and focused on making a wooden coaster that was actually decent. The debate over themeing rages on....

qldtaw - as you will see from my post further up, I don't think we were all necessarily expecting an amazing level of theming. But we were expecting something at least. This is NOT Luna Park. The open station with the white roof is pathetic (so far). Flea - I'd tend to agree with you as I don't have much faith in the general public BUT if theming really did have no impact, why do we see so many parks around the world still spending so much money on decent theming? If your theory was right, wouldn't every park just be an amusement park? There must be some merit to theming beyond pleasing park enthusiasts

Edited by GoGoBoy