Green Lantern Coaster

joz

^ I was a part of the LW opening crew and can tell you the themeing there was always about the same (burnt out building, theatre, car wrecks, graffiti etc were all there on opening day -in fact since the removal of the pre-show, today that ride is themed less so The lack of themeing on this GL project is nothing short of an abomination on part of MW - the station is so sparse it doesn't even have an undercover maintenance bay.. WTF? Is this the kind of thing we can come to expect from the 'new' MW? ugh, fucking dreadful Don't expect much in the way of new enhancements after it opens either. Never been their style. Really not much you can do in a week so don't hold your breath people. Aussieworld did a better job themeing their flume ride

Edited by MickeyD

The entrance si in fact the old way to the batman shop, it is what i wanted to show you with my photos...and along the queue there is some extract from the comic book GL ( but i couln't take photos of this) So the queue is under the palm trees for the first part and continue on the bridge of the studios entrance...

I'm a little confused as to where the ride exits then..? In regards to theming: at least they painted it the right colour! :)

Flea - I'd tend to agree with you as I don't have much faith in the general public BUT if theming really did have no impact, why do we see so many parks around the world still spending so much money on decent theming? If your theory was right, wouldn't every park just be an amusement park? There must be some merit to theming beyond pleasing park enthusiasts

I agree that theming is a crucial part of any theme park and it's attractions, and I'm sure it has a significant impact on a guest's experience, but I think that the general consensus with those in charge is that spending a couple million more on theming couldn't be justified for GL. I don't agree with it, but based on what we've seen in the park the past couple of years (late shop opening times and ride rotations during off peak), things are pretty tight. Unfortunately theming isn't needed to sell this coaster to the general public -- people will be talking about the steep drop. It looks to be a fantastic coaster that everyone will love. Rides that require extensive theming (the replacements for LTRR & Batman) I'm pretty confident they'll do a good job with. Edited by Flea

A good wooden coaster to me needs good airtime, Terminator had none. True it was twisty and going through the tunnels and station was exciting. But i think it tried to do too many things, without gettingt the core excitement of a wooden coaster right... being airtime.

Actually sat down and watched the Green Lantern movie last night. While it is not the best superhero movie out there it did have its moments. It has left me a bit curious exactly what the on board audio is going to be though. Are we going to be flying through some form of non visual battle or will it simply be an excerpt from the soundtrack or movie? Is worth at least a ride to see how well this is tied in.

Was in the park a few hours ago and managed to snap a few pictures. If the park were going for Six Flags level theming, I think the ride would be open already. We might get Six Flags Deluxe theming perhaps - there's only 4 working days left until opening, 3.5 if you allow a half day to remove all the temporary fencing.

post-224-0-71189900-1323504770_thumb.jpg

post-224-0-13300400-1323504798_thumb.jpg

post-224-0-43223300-1323504819_thumb.jpg

The 15th was only ever a date said by an S&S guy at IAPPA, not a park official. That date could well only refer to what S&S have to do. Ride could well be ready to go, but if landscapers and builders doing stuff like stairs and paths aren't done, then what can you do?

Edited by Gazza

Their cutting it a bit close. Don't you think? With Christmas just around the corner and School holidays starting soon. Guess I was right about the theming. I was hoping they would prove me wrong but I guess they didn't want to. Still hoping but the current conditions and layout of the ride (station and path ways) do not really allow for the MW (or MV as some say) style of theming.