Green Lantern Coaster

joz

Funny how things turn out, Buzzsaw ended up having the better theming.... Heck, even Cyclone has better theming then this. They went through the trouble of having these nice carriages built for this ride but not have anything to back it up.

Seen Aussie World's new ride? Even THEY have better theming than the Green Lantern coaster lol

Was at Movie World tonight for the white christmas and when I got there I saw three men (definetly were not dummies) sitting in the seats going around the coaster. They looked to be part of the construction crew.

who wouldnt want that job? I was there yesterday too. Just alot of testing really although the train did look very slow. Still cant wait to ride it. It looks like alot of fun. A LONG way to go towards any themeing still.

There have also been ones added at the start of each of the MCBRs. It was overspeeding pretty severely in the earlier vids, as aweseome as it looked.. I doubt in day to day operation it would have been rounding the first curved incline so quicky, or doing the outside banked turn so fast.

Edited by Gazza

Hit up White Christmas yesterday and took some shots of the GL!! The ride looking awesome. Getting a bit more of an idea of what the Entrance, Exit and Viewing Platform will be like. Hopefully lots of work going on means lots of theming being added! Also got my first look at it on the Movie World map and the glowing Green Lantern symbol!! Anyway, I put all my photos and thoughts up in a post on my blog! http://themeparknut.blogspot.com/2011/12/movie-world-green-lantern.html

Thanks so much for the photos and blog post themeparknut. Great coverage! I'm pleased to see lots of work still taking place including a quality fence being installed, landscaping and some more work (much needed!) on the station. Interesting that the park map isn't particularly reflective of the actual setup. I also noticed on the map there appears to be some themed rock work where the entry path joins the bridge. I hope this ends up actually being installed