Green Lantern Coaster

joz

The line is really long so it should move quickly even if it's a long wait... As for all these questions of "when will it be open" etc... I know the concept of soft opening is somewhat new to aussie parks but what it means is there is a chance at any time the ride will open to guests, and at any time it may close, and without warning. You may get stuck on the ride, or be about to board, and then be sent away. A soft opening is used to get the bugs out of the ride system (of course nothing safety related) and the operations staff themselves so that when the ride officially opens and the park gets slammed the ride and staff are 100%. If you want to head to the park on the chance it will open, do so, but you might wait all day and never get on, and you can't complain about that, it's a bit like beta software. The park can't update on FB when it will open and close because they might not even know until just as it happens, so many variables. As for the ride, I've had a chance to ride and I think its friken amazing. Not "better than superman" as that is what everyone asks, rather it's a completely different style of ride and whilst doesn't have the speed has heaps to offer in it's own right in my opinion. I don't think it will have as big of a mark on the world scale as Superman, just simply because Superman is the best themed excelerator out there with one of the punchiest launches and the coaster world loves accelerators. Green Lantern is certainly a kick ass coaster though, has had some awesome extra touches added to it by Movieworld (IMO the 4 accross cars and lapbars make the ride) and when I enter the station I even get the 'feel' of a big brother coaster from overseas. In terms of the winner for the Gold Coast this year it's definately going to be GL over the competitions offering.

Pics http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/1478-Green_Lantern/page14.html Plus two stragglers at the bottom of this page: http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/1478-Green_Lantern/page13.html

and when I enter the station I even get the 'feel' of a big brother coaster from overseas.

Agreed. It's one of the most compact coasters in the country, but it bloody doesn't feel it :D

Ok, so I got to take a look at the queue line, but once I sat down and got the harness down, it had 'technical difficulties'. :(

I got on the same time! Waited all day for it to open, not being sure if it would open at all... it finally opens... we move up the queue... get on the car.... then you could hear everything just stop.... and I immediately said, "No no no no no!" Bugga!

I got on the same time! Waited all day for it to open, not being sure if it would open at all... it finally opens... we move up the queue... get on the car.... then you could hear everything just stop.... and I immediately said, "No no no no no!" Bugga!

you mean like a complete shutdown where nothing works - not even the motor running the lift chain I would assume? I'm hoping MW weren't arseholes and made you exit the ride while they fixed it then you had to line up again - I'm hoping that you just sat in the car and waited.

Depending on what the breakdown is will determine if you would be able to stay in the car while it's fixed or be removed from the ride. Considering it's in testing stages (Soft opening) still they probably wouldn't know how long it would take to be operational again so they would have probably evacuated the ride. Sadly that's one of the things with a soft opening, they can open AND close at any time and even if you are in the queue you might not actually be able to ride.

Depending on what the breakdown is will determine if you would be able to stay in the car while it's fixed or be removed from the ride. Considering it's in testing stages (Soft opening) still they probably wouldn't know how long it would take to be operational again so they would have probably evacuated the ride. Sadly that's one of the things with a soft opening, they can open AND close at any time and even if you are in the queue you might not actually be able to ride.

Agreed. Once they work out each breakdown and how long it can take to fix they'll tell you whether you can just sit in the car and wait or if you have to be evacuated. If the restraints won't open at the station and you're in them they'd have to have some sort of manual release system at the station so you can get out.

Judging by what I saw when just driving down the M1 I think you will get your wish...

So the Green Lantern Symbol has been bolted to the structure of the coaster?? just like in the map drawing. Or maybe it's some other themeing element that can be seen from the highway. Edited by Luke

Just saw a tv ad for the coaster... Seems they removed the "steepest drop in the world" visual and voice over and have replaced it with "steepest drop in the southern hemisphere".

Yeah MW are strange like that. They never know what to say, and once they say something theyll change it or take it back. I'm not sure it even has the steepest drop in the world, on ACA they said 120 degrees.

Yeah MW are strange like that. They never know what to say, and once they say something theyll change it or take it back. I'm not sure it even has the steepest drop in the world, on ACA they said 120 degrees.

Myfun main page: Green Lantern Coaster is coming to Warner Bros. Movie World! Experience fun and thrills of a galactic proportion as you take on the steepest inverted drop in the southern hemisphere. Opening soon. Click on find out more and it takes you to the MW, Rides, Green Lantern page: Experience fun and thrills of a galactic proportion as you take on the steepest inverted drop in the world. Looks like they still don't know what is going on... I know a little off topic but quick query... Then, brave the ROAD RUNNER Rollercoaster - Australia's only family rollercoaster. Is this correct? What about the "Sky Rocket" at Dreamworld? Edited by Wyncenuros

I love how everyones shut up about the theming now...hehe.

The themeing seems to be coming along and the whole area looks a fair bit better than it did a week ago. Hopefully there is a little more to come in the next 6 days before grand opening.

Not much else to say other than we have to wait and see...

I love how everyones shut up about the theming now...hehe.

I don't think everyone has shut up about it. I've read lots of comments from people saying that the theming and overall ride presentation has turned out to be quite reasonable. Nothing spectacular - and certainly not quite up to the 'old school' Movie World standard, but nevertheless it is certainly better than some of us were fearing Edited by GoGoBoy

The problem with having the 'steepest' or the 'fastest' is it won't last long. Much more likely no one will beat it in the Sthn Hemisphere than the entire world for a fair while. Traditionally (geeze I remember even when I was a kid) Aussie parks have always used the Sthn Hemisphere statistics. As for my 'cryptic' post, nothing cryptic, just that there was a lot of work going on with the ride (ie welding sparks etc) up exactly where that logo has been discussed. Is there any noticable change in the light of today?

I saw today while riding the lethal weapon the giant green lantern logo/ symbol (the one seen on the map) getting its finishing touches been done on it. It looked to also be LED light powered as it consisted of a lot of bulbs. Should look very interesting when it's up. It was between the two sound stages that were used for Saw and Zombie Apocolypse.

Edited by casey96