Green Lantern Coaster

joz

What's the go with Lockers for GL? Im heading to MW tomorrow especially to go on it Is there a bank of short-term lockers like SE??

Yep there is a bank of lockers that cost a doller to use for an hour. It is right next to the entrance Also that GL logo is sure bright! 415815_10150454350057182_106147617181_8897692_604875247_o.jpg Edited by Otchiman

Somebody commented on Movie World's facebook about not liking the final brake at the end. I did notice in one of the vids that the cars do tend to come to a slamming stop in the final brake run as the car comes back to the station. Talk about whiplash! Can't they make it a bit smoother? I'm guessing it might be because there is so little room - maybe they should have extended the station track? Also, this same person mentioned they got sick of the 'repeating audio'? Is the audio on loop throughout the ride (ie is the audio track not long enough to cover the whole ride therefore having to repeat?) Or do you think they were just talking about the fact they had ridden it so many times?

^ The audio doesn't loop and fits the length of the ride/elements well. I gave some more thought to anything "noteworthy" about the ride... -First Coaster in the Country to have 4 across seating -First Coaster in the Country to gave seats extending outside the track -First Coaster in the Country to have on board audio -Steepest drop on a Coaster in the Country -Giant GL logo that will become an iconic image for the park, which is also insanely bright IN THE DAY As for the logo it's lit solid but that of course doesn't mean it will stay that way for good ;)

The cars really do slam to a stop on the final break run. The ride however is very fun and soild, but Superman Escape is still my favorite coaster (behind Supersonic Odyssey and Space Mountain at HKDL) It would be my 5th favorite ride behind those 3 and Scooby Doo. The theming in the queue isn't anything extravagant but it's very presentable however and I think it will be a hit with the park for years to come.

But the big issue here is the Park being incredibly unbalanced in terms of variety and also the lack of rides.... Since 2005 Movie World gave three rides with two of them being coasters and an awful show. Dreamworld in the same period gave us six rides, three renovated rides/attractions, a bunch of new shows including a laser show, etc. Sure their theming isn't quite as good, but they are balanced and have a greater output in their offerings.

damn....this coaster is incredibly photogenic :) Thanks for the pics Zane! I have a feeling that the Green Lantern will become the parks 'icon attraction' now; or will slowly become the parks icon over time. It's positioning and LED lighting just gives off this wow factor as you enter the car park and gates of movieworld. Kinda pushes Superman back into the shadows....just like Superman did to Lethal when it first opened. These pov's and pics are torturing me....why must I live so far away :'( Best christmas present this year, thanks movieworld :)

Edited by Luke

^Haha, I love that comment. I was thinking they had just cut out the lift hill (fair enough, but kinda pointless on a lift so quick)....But then they did it at other points too! Dear all budding videographers: When doing a POV. Keep it to onboard footage, and if you want to do offride footage, put it at the end. There is a reason TPRs POVs are so popular...Because they do exactly that. But please don't randomly interrupt the video to show us all how cool you are at matching jump cuts to the music. I'm guessing they felt dirty liking the page because thats the only way to comment.

Edited by Gazza

Headed down for a ride this morning. Walk in the gates about 9:45 and was greeted by a line from the ride entrance opposite Wayne Manor down past the little drink kiosk on the right when you enter the park (about 150m) They opened gates to that attraction just after 10 and i was surprised by how quickly the line moved, i was on the ride by 10:20. First impression was great experience, very different to anything i had been on previously. So enjoyable infact that my only complaint would be that you're having such a good time that its over in what seems like 30 seconds. All up, a great addition to MW and the GC Theme Park experience. The themeing i thought was solid, seeming it looked like nothing a week ago. In fact i think it was fine. Agree with the repetitiveness of the queue audio - but thats nit picking. Cant wait to ride it again!

I also was there and had rode green lantern by 1020 but only issue is still audio I could just hear it but my wife couldn't hear a thing as she is shorter and not near speaker so it would be great to turn it up abit and that finally brake before the station is a bitch it's almost at bad as that looping coaster that was at the royal shows

^Haha, I love that comment. I was thinking they had just cut out the lift hill (fair enough, but kinda pointless on a lift so quick)....But then they did it at other points too! Dear all budding videographers: When doing a POV. Keep it to onboard footage, and if you want to do offride footage, put it at the end. There is a reason TPRs POVs are so popular...Because they do exactly that. But please don't randomly interrupt the video to show us all how cool you are at matching jump cuts to the music. I'm guessing they felt dirty liking the page because thats the only way to comment.

Good feedback.... was the first video we cut together for a ride... POV's are not quite our specialty. I have watched it a few time and agree... is a bit of an interruption. However this video was cut for our Facebook followers, not roller coaster enthusiasts.

I was fortunate enough to ride GL on Friday, it's a solid addition. We definitely got sucker punched by the sudden brake stop, I'm sure they'll iron out that bump. The upside down hang time should thrill the masses. Also, I was surprised to ride Superman in the rain, haven't been to MW in 5 years or so, possibly they are less anal with their wet weather policy. On a side note, went to Sea World today - Jet Rescue and snorkelling in Shark Bay both rocked.

Edited by downunder

I spoke with one of the MovieWorld team members about the logo during the media event. The plan is to keep it solid while the ride is new and there is a high circulation of photos of the logo. The logo is capable of displaying patterns in sequences and will do so in the future. They want to avoid any photos of the logo incomplete for the time being. Plus i think it will be good i the future when it does start doing something new. Hmmm i should have also asked if the vehicles are able to do the same... i am sure they are. Will be a good coaster to ride at night.... i hope they have some awesome green effect lighting for the plaza area as well.

Edited by qldtaw

Good feedback.... was the first video we cut together for a ride... POV's are not quite our specialty. I have watched it a few time and agree... is a bit of an interruption. However this video was cut for our Facebook followers, not roller coaster enthusiasts.

haha Heres the other POV with out cuts http://youtu.be/wnHu9mfyR2A EDIT: Same video but only onboard. Edited by Randy23