Green Lantern Coaster

joz

Well it sounds like Movie World really pulled through on this one. After watching it in testing I was very excited and now after hearing everyone reviews and seeing photos/vids I am totaly pumped. I will have to get down next week to give it a ride. Ok Movie World, lets back this up with a great family attraction in place of bugs and we have a very good park here.

Really? From what I hear they're a major letdown and the only thrill in it is the height.

I rode the Windseeker at Knott's at night, and it wasn't that exciting, you just feel too safe on those for them to be thrilling. I think Movieworld can do better than that. On the flip side, the star flyers (where you just have chains supporting you and you swing freely) are terrifying. I went on the 23rd having no idea whether GL would be open or not. I watched a fair bit of the media thing before the park opened. They had problems with the restraints on the train we were supposed to get on. Luckily after some twiddling and a few test runs we got our first ride. It will be interesting to see what the next few additions will be at MW. The cynic in me says they'll just to do a new mission for Batman, and re-jig Looney Tunes, but I guess We'll have to wait and see.

A SPIN on the Gold Coast's newest rollercoaster was even more exciting than expected for several thrillseekers on Tuesday. The multimillion-dollar Movie World attraction, which reaches speeds up to 66km/h and pulls 3.5Gs, has experienced a series of "small technical issues" since it opened last Friday. Adrenalin junkies were stopped in their tracks on Tuesday when a carriage of eight people stalled one-third through the 488m-long ride. A rollercoaster enthusiast, who witnessed the glitch, said it happened about 12.30pm and patrons were stuck for more than 30 minutes before being winched to the ground. "They must have come to one hell of a stop, because it does about 25km/h on that stretch," he said. "You could see it, the whole mechanism just popped completely out. One engineer there told me it was just a teething problem, but I think I'll wait a while before I try it." The Bulletin first reported problems with the ride when a reporter experienced a "rare technical glitch" during a promotional ride last week. That time the coaster, which reportedly has the steepest drop in the southern hemisphere, came to an abrupt stop and remained stationary for about five minutes. Movie World marketing and activation manager Selena Lawson admitted to minor glitches during the opening days but said the ride complied with strict safety regulations and posed no threat. "Yes, it's had an issue. It was minor," she said. "The patrons were covered to be protected from the sun within minutes and they were spoken to the whole "It's certainly nothing to be overly concerned about." Ms Lawson said the ride was tested rigorously before becoming operational, performing 500 circuits at night to ensure its stability and consistency. She said all rides experienced problems when they first opened and the Green Lantern's problems were no worse than usual. "I've been working here for 20 years and the changes in safety regulations and how the rides are built are phenomenal," she said. "There's certainly nothing untoward and we certainly wouldn't put anyone in danger." A Workplace Health and Safety Queensland spokesman said construction and commissioning of the ride was closely monitored. "While recognising the inconvenience caused by the ride's teething problems, WHSQ inspectors believe the ride's significant safety features have not been compromised," he said. Luke Royes Gold Coast News I think you call this news

Edited by skeetafly

I rode the Windseeker at Knott's at night, and it wasn't that exciting, you just feel too safe on those for them to be thrilling. I think Movieworld can do better than that. On the flip side, the star flyers (where you just have chains supporting you and you swing freely) are terrifying.

Didn't stop me from shitting myself on it.

I went yesterday and the park was packed!! Car parking had filled half the grass area across from the normal car park. Line up for Wild West was 55 min. They gave a ticket to the people in front of us and told to hand to operator at end of cue. All lines used but moved at a pace. Scooby had 120 mins!!!! PASS and was in the outside line ups area. Green Lantern's line i had waited 50 mins and then it broke down. We all were ask to leave the line up. i hung around at the start of the cue and watched them remove a car from the track.. only 3 cars running then down too 2. Opened back up after 15-20mins.. Second group to ride. Great ride!! However the loading times were shocking.. Over all... 2 rides in 3 hrs then left i couldnt deal with the people. A good add on to the park.. Hopefully things will get better