Green Lantern Coaster

joz

Luckily, Movieworld have listened to complaints and are reducing the queue audio to every 5 minutes. That's what the dippin dots guy said anyway ;) And yeah, I saw Parallax's tooth was ripped off. I know people get extremely pissed off in the sun listening to him tell you to give in to your fear, but there's no need to vandalise it. If your gunna vandalise anything make it the speakers lol

Wait, wait, wait... Movieworld has Dippin Dots?!?!?!? How did I not know about this!? I love those things!

I just wish they would ensure this ride is in good working order. It appears one car has been under maintenance for ages now. Some of the LEDs on the cars don't work and some of the LEDs on the big Green Lantern sign were dead today. Some of the cars don't play the audio audio (I must add I went today and I was on a car with audio working on the first ride, on the second ride without and it does make a difference).

Yeah good point reanimated. I think crawling over the drop adds a good amount to the thrill, especially in the first row.

Sorry, I haven't been on it yet as my sister is too small. She is tall enough but not wide enough. We were in the seats with the harness's on and then the attendant came along and said the harness did not fit so everyones harness in every car in the station had to go up so we could get off. *embarrassed*

Went to Movie World for the first time since September and so got to ride the GL :D I went on the ride twice - the first time I sat in the middle back and the second time in the middle front. Two totally different experiences with the latter obviously being the superior one. My thoughts: - The hill is SO steep and fast, almost too fast because there is less anticipation. - Love the bit just before the big drop. - Ride was very smooth, much more so than I was expecting. - The breaks are ridiculous. It felt like a punch to the guts when it braked suddenly at the end. - But overall the ride was a LOT of fun and very enjoyable. MY RATING: 8 / 10 How does it compare to my ratings of the other coasters? Scooby Doo: 8.5 / 10 Superman Escape: 9.5 / 10 Cyclone: 6 / 10 Sea Viper: 7 / 10 Lethal Weapon: 5 / 10

I use CoasterCritic's scale for rating rides, and by using it I rate GL a 7.5. It falls short of an 8 as an 8 is supposed mean the ride is close to being among the world's best coasters, and GL really isnt that. Its a lot of fun though. Using the same system, I rate other rides like this: Superman - 8.5/10 (Just falls short of a 9 due to its shortness and slightly rough ride in the back) TOT II - 7.5/10 Scooby Doo - 7/10 Cyclone - 6/10 Motocoaster - 5/10 Lethal Weapon - 2.5/10 (Harsh? Possibly.) This is the scale I use if anyones interested - http://www.thecoaste...t/rating-system

Edited by alex_1

Superman: 10/10 TOT II: -3/10 Scooby Doo - 1/10 Cyclone - 4/10 Motocoaster - 0/10 Lethal Weapon - 10/10 LW is awesome, you just don't know how to experience it. It takes some feel. Imagine you're in a fighter jet, instead of a pram, little baby. waaaa

Lol no offence but your ratings are ridiculous and extreme.

On back on topic just anyone get the feeling while riding the green lantern that it's a carnival ride like a wild mouse. I love the ride and all but it doesn't feel like a theme park ride not like Superman or lethal weapon which I find very strange the more I ride it. Anyone had this problem or been able to get it out of there heads

I've never been on a carnival ride like that :o I think the other El Loco's do look more Wild Mouse-ish though, probably to do with their coloring and smaller trains. Honestly, I really really love this ride the more that I think about it. Center front = Epic!!!