Green Lantern Coaster

joz

B-b-but for such high prices the people are paying for the Australian Parks is outrageous, What does it show for it? Barely anything, Getting Rides/Attractions that the rest of the world has had for years... Long gone are the days where the parks are spending $16 million for the Tower of Terror or $18 Million for Wild West Falls so instead going for the bare minimum.

Your comments above and also in the Tiger Island thread are showing you must have trouble processing information. The parks could afford to spend $16-$18 million dollars on a single ride 10 years ago because everyone stepping through the doors was paying $70 a visit, or an annual pass set you back $300!! Now 70% of the people walking through the doors are paying less than $100 a year for the privaledge. Then there was also that little thing called the Global Financial Crisis - heard of it?? Australia may have got off lightly, but the parents companies, shareholders, manufacturers and suppliers are largely based overseas - many of those in countries whose economies plummeted - if you dont think this has an impact on spending your crazy. You're post was flawed from the first 10 words when you related 'high prices' to entry into Australian theme parks. The issue is that there are too many CHEAP annual tickets. Get rid of VIP passes and go back to $250-$300 per person for an annual pass, none of this buy 3 get 1 free crap, and we'd be halfway there. Until then, be happy that we are getting any new offerings at all.

I think I'm more representative of the general population when I say I don't know what a B&M rollercoaster is and nor do I really care lol. This El Loco one is going to be an Aussie first and it looks freaking amazing and thats all that matters. Cannot waittttt

The general Population don't know anything about roller coasters except they can ride them. B&M is a maker of Roller Coasters, They are known for being big and smooth. You can tell the difference when you ride one. An example is the Silver Bullet at Knott's Berry farm. I am not impressed by this ride at all, I would prefer a much larger coaster. I just hate the tightness of them and I find them boring. The only reason I go on Scooby is for the theming.

The general Population don't know anything about roller coasters except they can ride them. B&M is a maker of Roller Coasters, They are known for being big and smooth. You can tell the difference when you ride one. An example is the Silver Bullet at Knott's Berry farm. I am not impressed by this ride at all, I would prefer a much larger coaster. I just hate the tightness of them and I find them boring. The only reason I go on Scooby is for the theming.

Sorry but I think you're too much of a coaster geek to really appreciate how amazing the Scooby coaster really is. Everyone I know (kids, teens, adults) love it and ride it over and over again. Scooby Coaster beats them big flashy coasters anyday. Just imo... :P

Where did this idea that VIP passes result in our parks somehow barely scraping by stem from? That this is why we haven't seen these fabled $15+ million attractions in several years? Across the board our parks are financially performing on par or better than they were when they were dropping ~$16 million on rides every few years. That should be end of discussion right there; discounted annual passes aren't the reason we're not seeing these high-end pricetags on new attractions. Look at international trends. The 90s/00s were all about bigger, better, faster rides. Manufacturers were delivering these styles of rides and we even got our fair share. The cost of playing that game these days however is out of reach for all but a handful of parks around the world. Instead we're seeing most parks and manufacturers switch to smaller rides that are more about a gimmick (but then what isn't gimmicky about a roller coaster to begin with?). It's not our parks The Australian dollar up until a few years ago meant that any time an Australian park wanted just about anything significant, they had no choice but to pay $15+ million. Buying from a US manufacturer costs half what it did a decade ago (granted freight is significantly higher these days). If Movie World built Wild West Falls today they'd have enough change left over to actually finish the mountain -- even with inflation.

Have you been on an El Loco before? Pretty unfair statement to make if you haven't.

Yes I have been on Mumbo Jumbo.

Sorry but I think you're too much of a coaster geek to really appreciate how amazing the Scooby coaster really is. Everyone I know (kids, teens, adults) love it and ride it over and over again. Scooby Coaster beats them big flashy coasters anyday. Just imo... :P

I just don't like the compact layout that's all. I never really liked it before I even knew anything about roller coasters. I was eight when first rode it and I still preferred the bigger layout coasters. I just hate the compactness. Buzzsaw is alright, as its not compact only small.

I have been on Steel Hawg... its was okay... it hurt alot as it was painfully slow taking the inversions. The outside bank was too slow as well and just felt wrong. The restaints where the worst part. I am hoping that not only is the MW version is a bit faster but the lap bar only restraints improve the comfort of the ride. Which i asumme it would.

I was just looking at the latest construction pics of Green Lantern Coaster and is this thing going to be friggin high or is it just my imagination? Looking at the latest MW construction pic I was thinking that the top of the ride would be where the tallest support poles are now. However, looking at a standard El Loco pic, these poles actually form the support for the track on a lower level, after its come back from its initial drop and turned a corner. If I'm right this means that the tallest poles and the full height of the ride are yet to be revealed. Am I on the right track with this?

Why do I feel a lot of the younger members here are so unappreciative? Some members complain they don't add enough attractions, when they do add something new its still not good enough? By all means you are entitled to your own opinion, but at least the parks are trying so give them that. I personally am excited for this ride, first time I saw this style of coaster I knew I had to experience it, and the same goes for Buzzsaw, big or not its new and unique to the Australian shores. The only thing I disagree with is big main attractions closing and the public being left in the dark about it.

I was just looking at the latest construction pics of Green Lantern Coaster and is this thing going to be friggin high or is it just my imagination? Looking at the latest MW construction pic I was thinking that the top of the ride would be where the tallest support poles are now. However, looking at a standard El Loco pic, these poles actually form the support for the track on a lower level, after its come back from its initial drop and turned a corner. If I'm right this means that the tallest poles and the full height of the ride are yet to be revealed. Am I on the right track with this?

Drove past today GoGoBoy there still adding on the final support beams for the top today i think. It already is really tall. I will try and take a pic if i pass it again.

From an email just now...

Experience fun and thrills of a galactic proportion as you take on the STEEPEST drop in the southern hemisphere! This amazing new ride will reach speeds of up to 66km/h and pull 3.5Gs on hairpin bends and a crazy inverted spin. This new multimillion dollar rollercoaster will truly be in a league of its own! Are you ready to take on the GREEN LANTERN?

66km/h should be fun on the tight curves and bends!

You'd only hit 66 at the bottom of the drops and the bottom of the half loop, not on the curves/bends.

I meant as an overall ride, but yeah, pretty easily misunderstood sentence. My bad. I could've just written "66km/h is soooooooooo slow, I can drive faster, only 3.5Gs, this ride is gonna be awful" but thought I'd try positivity for a change :) Edited by bern1992