joz

Green Lantern Coaster

1,225 posts in this topic

Funny how things turn out, Buzzsaw ended up having the better theming.... Heck, even Cyclone has better theming then this. They went through the trouble of having these nice carriages built for this ride but not have anything to back it up.

Funny how things turn out, Buzzsaw ended up having the better theming.... Heck, even Cyclone has better theming then this. They went through the trouble of having these nice carriages built for this ride but not have anything to back it up.

Seen Aussie World's new ride? Even THEY have better theming than the Green Lantern coaster lol

Was at Movie World tonight for the white christmas and when I got there I saw three men (definetly were not dummies) sitting in the seats going around the coaster. They looked to be part of the construction crew.

Yesterday i was to MW too and the train was very slow, like the el loco in France...and they aded also trim in the drop! And they are doing something with the ground, gravels under the coaster and soil for future garden.

Edited by ThrillRider

Was at Movie World tonight for the white christmas and when I got there I saw three men (definetly were not dummies) sitting in the seats going around the coaster. They looked to be part of the construction crew.

who wouldnt want that job? I was there yesterday too. Just alot of testing really although the train did look very slow. Still cant wait to ride it. It looks like alot of fun. A LONG way to go towards any themeing still.

So the ride isn't opening tomorrow (that's good, I guess?) - so perhaps there's still time for theming? They could be going with a Boxing Day opening for all we know (gives a reason to the '12 days of Green Lantern' thing they've been doing on their Facebook).

There have also been ones added at the start of each of the MCBRs. It was overspeeding pretty severely in the earlier vids, as aweseome as it looked.. I doubt in day to day operation it would have been rounding the first curved incline so quicky, or doing the outside banked turn so fast.

Edited by Gazza

Hit up White Christmas yesterday and took some shots of the GL!! The ride looking awesome. Getting a bit more of an idea of what the Entrance, Exit and Viewing Platform will be like. Hopefully lots of work going on means lots of theming being added! Also got my first look at it on the Movie World map and the glowing Green Lantern symbol!! Anyway, I put all my photos and thoughts up in a post on my blog! http://themeparknut.blogspot.com/2011/12/movie-world-green-lantern.html

im guessing it was due to open today as it was listed as a ride for white christmas and you would expected it to be open for half the event but at its current state the rides station looks cheap and tacky so heres to wishing that they make it as good as all the major rides at movieworld(not including batwing)

Thanks so much for the photos and blog post themeparknut. Great coverage! I'm pleased to see lots of work still taking place including a quality fence being installed, landscaping and some more work (much needed!) on the station. Interesting that the park map isn't particularly reflective of the actual setup. I also noticed on the map there appears to be some themed rock work where the entry path joins the bridge. I hope this ends up actually being installed

No worries GoGoBoy! I wondered the same thing about the map. I also wondered about the big Green Lantern Logo on the side of the coaster which appears on the map but not in life (yet!). If we are shooting for boxing day, there is still time!

Any idea ideas on whether the station will be some what enclosed or just a roof? Can't figure out what they are doing in the above photos. Thanks for the report as well :)