Question re. VIP passes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weren't the VIP passes and DW unlimited passes $99 last year (I know joz said they are $10 more expensive, but I could have sworn they were $99 last year)? I know that Ardent Leisure were really hoping/counting on Village to stop the discounted passes this year, so that they can restore their margins. Looks like that didn't happen. The problem is now that the general public (yes, the bogan families) now have an expectation that they will get these ridiculously cheap passes every year. It will be very hard to wean them off them. Now we have a situation where not only are the parks offering massively discounted passes, they are also unable to apply the annual increases which they used to carry out

They were both $99 last year for 12 months (with DW offering an extra month if you bought online). The VIP passes this year are $109 for the standard one (the $99 price you are seeing is the upgrade price for those who had one last year) and $139 for the gold pass ($129 for upgrade). Also, just regarding this comment, Movie World had over 10,000 guests that day - biggest since Christmas.

Incidently, is anyone from here at MW today? Holy crap it's busy!

Theme park overload on Gold Coast A COCKTAIL of perfect weather, school holidays and expiring VIP passes has given Movie World its biggest day since Christmas. More than 10,000 people flocked to the theme park yesterday, causing traffic chaos near Exit 60 on the M1. Patrons resorted to the nature strip when the carpark quickly filled. While M1 motorists were stuck in walking-pace traffic from 10am yesterday, there was a 200m queue exiting the Movie World carpark from 5pm last night. Have your say on the feedback form below A Movie World spokeswoman said the influx was due to several factors, including the park's new MotoMonster Xtreme show, which launched on Friday. She said last year's MyFun VIP pass holders were also trying to get as much value as possible before their cards expired on Thursday. The 2011 MyFun VIP pass begins on Friday. "It was a combination of beautiful weather on the Gold Coast, our new show, people getting as much value out of the VIP passes -- everything came to together for a busy day," the spokeswoman said. While Wet'n'Wild and Sea World were not as popular due to the winter weather, Dreamworld was also expected to draw big numbers with its new ride, Shockwave. Another two rides will open at Movie World and Sea World before the end of the year.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/06/27/327735_gold-coast-news.html

So I've been really slack and haven't renewed my pass yet, and they called me this evening asking if I was going to. I said that I was, and they told me that if I renew over the phone they'd send out a $10 gift card as a bonus, so I did. Might be something to keep in mind for those who have a pass to renew and haven't done so yet.