Disneyland Star Tours 3D

Just got back to the hotel from trying this out tonight and I must say I'm very impressed. The theming in the queue is excellent and pretty funny and the ride itself (motion simulator) is really well done. It's a much better and more up to date system than movieworld is using (obviously) and it can give you the feeling you are actually flying fast forward and coming to a sudden stop. The ride isn't supposed to be open until next month but they're opening it early before the grand opening to make sure there's no problems with it. I can hopefully put some pics up later.

I have tried the Disney World version (which recently opened for the Star Wars Weekends), and I do have to agree, The motions are smooth and give a good impression of flying and the 3D is also really good. I was also amazed by the quality of the queue line. I'll try to get some pics next time I am out there :) It will be interesting to see how they are the same/ different.

funny, Star Tours 2 seems to be Lucas' unofficial apology to the fans for the last 3 movies ;) I'm glad to hear they have worked on the motion, the cabin shuddered quite a bit when I rode it last year just before it closed.. The picture quality looks incredibly sharp and I LOVE the new state of the art 3D glasses. I bet they cost a pretty penny! I wonder how many times they can be recycled before they perish? The standard 3D glasses used in Park's all over the world are crap, expensive and arms snap off them all too easily. These new fan-dangle Disney ones look like they were designed by Oakley! oh and not sure if this is an exaggeration but judging by the Queues wrapped all the way down Main street, it is reported wait times are in excess of 5 hours!! That's an hour's wait per minute on the ride!!! It would have to be SERIOUSLY good

When I was there, they were alternating between passholders only and general public (depending on the day) fortunately I managed to get on using a readmission pass they gave us at the gate for dicking around with our tickets (prepaid via travel agent before we left and they couldnt work out how to issue our tickets) I wont be able to post pics until I get back (after 13th). At the moment I'm currently looking at a nice view from our hotel room on the top level of treasue island in vegas. :P

Star tours 2 is bossssss. I love the part when you go and see darth vader and he's all like, yo maings you gots an imposter but then the mealenium fallcon takes off and we're all like yeeewwww and its great and whatnot flying through the air in space. weeeeeeee YEHOO!