No more Nickelodeon at Dreamworld?

Bmull19

The other day I noticed themeing disappearing on Spongebob and Swinger Zinger; but I shook it off as a maintenance thing. But, now, it seems to be going around a lot, Nick has cancelled the contract with Dreamworld. Does this also mean that Pipeline Plunge's theming will soon disappear also?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad if it is true but i like to point out that Spongebob Flypants and Swinger Zinger are in maintenance now or have been in the past 2 weeks according to Dreamworld website so it could still be a maintenance issue. If it is true, wait & see if Dreamworld makes an annnouncement or wait & see if the giant Reptar statue next to the Runaway Reptar Rollercoaster disappears lol

So hang on. Two nick minor Nick rides being under maintenance = contact being canned? Calling bullshit on this one.

One ride under maintenance. Two rides already lost theming. But I don't know, I'm still on the fence for this one because Dreamworld haven't yet confirmed it, but there is some evidence supporting it. I guess we'll wait and see soon.

Gazza, 2 rides have reopened without theming. EDIT: The name has not changed for Swinger Zinger, but I believe that the name of the Merry Go Round has changed (because it mentioned something to do with Nickeloden).

Edited by Bmull19

According to Dreamworld's website Blues SkiDoo was under maintenance from 30 May to the 3 June, 2011. Any themeing changes there? Also the merry-go-round was originally called "Nick-O-Round" when Nick Central first opened in 2002, but then it changed to "Backyardigans Mighty-Go-Round" a couple of years back. Are you sure you haven't just noticed this other name for the first time?

Theming on these rides can be re-added quickly and easily. The Tiger Island end of Nick Central is understandable the sign going missing. It is really weird having the classic logo sign at one end and at the other the new signage. Bit of luck it is only disappearing for maintenance. The two beavers at Spooty Spin (Norb and Dag) need some attention if they are fixing things up.

My god, I'm really surprised no one here hasn't been talking about this earlier! I mean it is still a rumour until confirmed by management but I heard about Nick leaving DW about a month ago. I think if it is happening DW should really announce it if theming is coming down... or maybe they want it to disappear nice and quietly?!!