Interested in meeting up?

Lol dj. I'm really keen for meet up at a park. Maybe a new thread is In order? Having a specific outside event will be way to costly (unless there is a wealthy member willing to pay our way _ which I doubt) so an in-park casual meet would work as well. Maybe a representative from parkz could contact WVTP or DW and sweet talk them into a behind the scenes thing much like TPR were able to achieve but at lesser cost. Mods - new thread?

Maybe a representative from parkz could contact WVTP or DW and sweet talk them into a behind the scenes thing much like TPR were able to achieve but at lesser cost.

But see? Thats the problem - and the reason why we will never do what TPR did. TPR negotiated with the park, showed them how much money they'd make out of it, and delivered what they promised. Before we even have the details, someone has to sprout about getting it "cheaper" than TPR did. Why should the park make it cheaper for us? Most of us have VIP passes anyway - theres no incentive to get us through the gates because they're not making money there. If anything, being that most of us wouldn't be paying a gate fee like TPR did, we'd have to pay MORE to get the same things that TPR did.

Sweet talk it Alex. We never know if we don't ask. You can always get a great deal if you know what to say. Positive thinking man. In a lot of ways, A Parks event has more benefit to MW than a TPR event. As the place to come for theme park enthusiasits visiting aus parks. Parkz is in a great posistion to not only Influence this market but to encourage change at the parkz. Tourism is down. the parkz need a long term alternative to help bring in revenue. The VIP Pass is killing our parks. This is evidenced by the small investment in dreamworld in what should be its biggest year WVTP and Ardent would benefit from giving its number one "fan created" website a leg up. All it takes is for someone passionate to ask for a good deal. If you go in asking for a shit deal that's what you'll get. If you ask for the world the worst they can do is say no. Do a google search for movieworld and the first forum that you see is this one. It would be good for the parks to realise the potential this place has for connecting to a market so why shouldn't we negotiate as good a price?

It was the first fan kind of site you come across is what I meant. Sorry for confusing you. My point is, if a visitor is looking at goin to movieworld by doing a search they are likely to come.here. surely WVTP and ardent would appreciate the free advertising they recieve, good and bad. t's all bargaining chips hey

I've split this one off into it's own topic. First thing I'll say is from the websites point of view, we don't have the membership or money required to get anything from the parks. We don't have the effect on publicity for them to justify giving us anything, and frankly given some of the things that have been said about them over the past few years, I doubt they'd be interested in giving stuff away for free anyway. The idea of having an event with ERT, walk-backs and whatever else, simply put isn't going to happen, unless of course we get more active users, but it would take a lot to make it feasible. Having said that, there's nothing stopping members from meeting other members, and if meeting up with fellow enthusiasts is something that interests you, then post about it in here!

We don't have the effect on publicity for them to justify giving us anything

I think the difference from Parkz to Theme Park Review is that it's got a stronger YouTube fan base and as YouTube is one of the most popular websites in the world, whereelse would you go to see videos and POV's of your favourite rides and coasters? The only two YouTube channels relating to theme parks is Theme Park Review and The Coaster Views. YouTube is accessed by millions daily while Parkz you would have to find through other websites, ads and a search engine. Parkz is mostly about discussing theme parks and rides with other enthusiasts than watching videos of rides and coasters.