Annual Pass

Hi all, So I asked this question back in August and now I'm asking it again. I did not end up buying a pass last year as the parks just didn't offer me a good enough reason to fork out the dough to visit and I have worked at DW and MW so being spoilt to ride the rides whenever I was in the park and not have to pay for a few years meant that the Parks had to do something great to get my back in. Going to the Sunset Safari at Dreamworld last night was the first time I had seen the Motocoaster in person ( a lot bigger in real life can I just say) You could technically say I havn't been to Dreamworld since Motocoaster and I have not been to VRTP parks since Movieworld updated to Journey as a paying guest. So, which parks tickets should I buy? Which park has earned my dollar from their additions or subtractions over the last 12 months, and from whats rumoured for the next 12? I can only afford one ticket so I'm really interested to know why you guys think one is better over the other.

Screw it, I'll tell you now that a VIP pass is well worth the money this year. All the new ride(s) plus new show(s) this year makes the VIP pass a good buy. FWIW, the one that includes Halloween and White Xmas is the value buy of the year. Both events are each worth the $40 price for any park lover. To have them both included for the price offered, IMHO is a steal.

Yep I'm with Joz, if I was a paying guest I would definately be buying the VIP Gold. I think it's a great deal and over the next 12 months I recon it will certainly re-enforce it's value for money, and that's all I'm saying. Not saying DW isn't good value but I can't really say until their rides are built and see how good they are, I KNOW the VIP pass is a killer deal.

With 1 roller coaster being the difference in which park to buy tickets for, I would still go for the VIP pass. That rollercoaster at Dreamworld would want to be very good to sway my money against the Village passes, and with the addition of the Fright Nights and White Christmas I can not see why you wouldn't get the VIP pass.

Or maybe not... I'm not saying movieworld are not offering the better parks and better deal atm. What it has come down to is that we have been to dreamwolrd as paying guests maybe twice in thr last 5 years. VRTP, at least 15-20 A annual pass for movieworld would be purchased just for the new offerings (fright nights is a must do regardless of cost) which from what is.rumoured are just are not enough to warrant purchasing passes for. Dreamworld may not be offering the better new.attractions, but there is certaintly enough there (old and new) for me to not get sick of over the next 12 months. Regardless, 12 months later I can change back to vrtp. Thanks for everyones input neway.

That's a fair and valid argument. Like I said, entitled to your opinion. Nice to see people basing their purchasing long term rather than just the latest thing. Gives incentive for the parks to upkeep their attractions and invest in park presentation :)