Dreamworld Summer Surprise December 2011

Linus1995

Hey guys was just checking out the website and there seems to be Dreamworlds biggest announcement yet that is a "Summer Surprise" opening December. http://www.dreamworl...Entry-Pass.aspx

-ShockWave Adventure Ride - Now Open! -New Bone-Chilling Thrill Ride - Opens September 2011 -This year's biggest Summer Surprise - Opens December 2011 -Two Great Unlimited Entry World Pass Offers - Limited Time Only!

What do you guys think it could be? Personally I'm hoping for Eureka Mine Ride re-opening but I don't think the GP would see it as a "summer surprise" more so just a ride re-opening. Hopefully another new roller coaster but I'm not getting my hopes up, maybe it has something to do with Nicks recent contract termination which could be why we haven't heard of this summer surprise earlier? Post your thoughts on what you think!! If this post should be merged with another thread please do so!

I believe it's the Nickelodeon Central theme replacement as well. Dreamworld's Facebook as I saw on Dreamworld's home page says '2 New Rides and a massive Summer Surprise!'. If it was a third ride, why not just say '3 New Rides!'? Two rides were announced for this year so where on earth would all the money come from for a third new ride? It's probably just the Nickelodeon Central theme replacement.

I agree, I'd view a ride re-opening as a ride re-opening too.

Haha yeah that kind of came out wrong, what I was trying to say is that for us enthusiasts seeing the mine ride re-open would be "OMFG YAY!!!!" and for the GP it'd be more "Oh okay, wonder why it was closed..." and Dreamworld are advertising this to the GP as the biggest surprise yet, for us enthusiasts the mine ride re-opening would easily be the biggest surprise but for the GP I think they'll see the new roller coaster as something bigger than a ride just "re-opening".

For the record, my bet is Summer Funomenom, but with 11 shows rather than 10.

I think it has to be something opening... like a shop or upcharge, the wording in my mind does not really read like a show This year's biggest Summer Surprise - Opens December 2011 Someone actually said on Facebook that DW will be opening a third gate... lmao

Just a thought....but could the big summer surprise be the long awaited expansion of whitewaterworld?? As I said, just a thought.

I was thinking along the same lines. With the mention of summer my first thought was water. Maybe they are trying to keep this one close to their chest due to the fact that WnW are not getting any new attractions this summer.

• 3 months later...

Unless it's a B&M I don't care for it. Jokes. But still, there isn't much that's going to make me change my mind, because right now out of DW and MW, I'm definitely going to MW. Buzzsaw is the only thing that's new since my last visit, so that's not going to make me rush there. And no, we're not going to both :/

Gazza I reckon you're right on the money with "Summer Phenomenally Shit" returning in December by 'popular' demand and to wrap up the 30th Birthday year-long Calender of Crap. So with no new ride to kick off the festivities, a brand new flat ride was rushed into Ocean Parade that feels just like a lame version of the Claw. If that doesn't get your heart racing then why not step back in time to the Gold Rush and spend a leisurely hour or two waiting to enjoy the Park's latest thrill. We caught up with an alleged Publicity & Promotions spokesperson, Ms Jane Smith who took a few moments to talk about the exciting new ride. "From the moment you step into our overflow queue you may be thinking is this really worth a 2 hour wait?? -but don't worry, you'll soon forget all of that once the sun stroke kicks in. We deliberately provided no shade for the comfort of our guests allowing them to better adjust to the 40 degree heat once inside our authentic Australian tin shed. We affectionately refer to it as the "Dreamworld Bakehouse" . Our Expert Craftsman have done a spectacular job creating an environment that accurately simulates the sensation of being slow cooked in an old fashioned cottage stove" "We understand that it will get a little stuffy during the Summer months so we decided to go with very little theming so not to distract our patrons from the important things like breathing. Our goal is to have most guests make it all the way to the ride safely and enjoy the highlight of this exciting and truly immersive experience. After all, Guest comfort and safety is our number one priority!! I asked Jane what she loves most about her role at DW? "Well Mikey it's got to be that sparkle of excitement you see in a child's face - only just before I watched a little girl skipping out of the ride exit back to her Parent's who had been patiently waiting over the last few hours... "WOW Mum that was so much fun, the ride wasn't scary at all but in the line there is this really scary part where you can't even breath and it was so Hot in there, I thought I was just going to die! Can I go again? please can I can I can I?"- "it's these special moments that make my job so rewarding" I asked Jane what else DW had in store as the special surprise for the end of the year, to which she obliged "our children friendly area of the Park is getting an exciting new theme! Whilst there will be no new additions to the area whatsoever we have invested generously in purchasing exactly 36 tins of paint for the project! We're all so excited about it because you just won't recognize the place after all that paint goes on. Our marketing guys are working on a fantastic advertising campaign featuring the new look that will hit your telly later in the year... stay tuned!! OK so maybe none of this probably didn't happen

IMO It is going to do with the Nick central area because there is construction underway as we speak, Saying that Fun Snapz (next to Rainforest Rampage) Has been knocked down aswell along with the dora seaplanes area. Also they have fenced off the croc boats (Upcharge) and they other day they was pumping out the water...

Edited by Randy23

From Dreamworld GM today. "NEW ENTERTAINMENT PRECINCT AT DREAMWORLD IN THE SECOND HALF. "

I have just come across this job advertised for Dreamworld. "6 Month Fixed Term Contract Dynamic, unique environment dedicated to ‘FUN’ Rare opportunity offering a challenge and diversity Australia’s premier theme parks, Dreamworld and WhiteWater World offer the best of both worlds with double the thrills and double the fun in one convenient location. Home to the ‘Big 7’ thrill rides and some of the coolest waterslides on the planet, our worlds present a challenging and diverse 6 month fixed term career opportunity for a self driven and motivated project coordinator/administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination for an upcoming Dreamworld project. In this role you will be working closely with key project stakeholders across a number of areas including, but not limited to design, development, construction, operations and sales. Key duties include: Coordinate timelines/deadlines and communicate/drive core project stakeholders on deliverables Coordinate project meetings, agendas, minutes and drive action items to a deadline where required Coordinate the elements of the project together with project stakeholders from engineering, construction project management, procurement, marketing, operations, entertainment, commercial operations and sales departments Follow up on action points and deadlines to ensure timelines are not comprised Manage budget updates and report to key stakeholders As a highly efficient and effective project coordinator/administrator, you will have impeccable organisations skills with a love for spreadsheets and timelines. You are deadline focused and ensure those you work with understand the importance of delivery. You will ideally have the ability to interpret design concepts and plans and have experience in projects with a construction component through to operational delivery. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritise against competing demands and multiple objectives and are essential to succeed, coupled with a high level of computer literacy including an exceptional Microsoft Excel ability." What is Dreamworld doing? Why do you thick Dreamworld needs a project coordinator for six months? design, development, construction, operations and sales (makes me think) Could this be WWW Stage 3?

Got the connection Edited by skeetafly

IMO It is going to do with the Nick central area because there is construction underway as we speak, Saying that Fun Snapz (next to Rainforest Rampage) Has been knocked down aswell along with the dora seaplanes area. Also they have fenced off the croc boats (Upcharge) and they other day they was pumping out the water...

With Skeetaflys post it's a bit of a moot point, but no way this job ad could have related to the Nick retheme.... You simply can't design and procure a project like that in 2-3 months, if they were doing the hiring when they were.