aussienetman

Firefighters Rescue 23 people from California Screamin'

18 posts in this topic

http://www.news.com.au/world/firefighters-rescue-23-after-dropped-bag-brings-disneyland-ride-to-a-screamin-halt/story-e6frfkyi-1226100346214 Must be a slow news day... So you can take lose articles on California Screamin'?

Slow news day? Look up Norway.

Yes I was aware of Norway... we live in a horrible world... Another question - Do firefighters have to evac people from Cali Screamin'? Surely the ride ops would be trained to do it..

So you can take lose articles on California Screamin'?

Yep, velcro bags at each seat, just means some idiot didn't have the bag in the bag. When I was there they were happy with anything except backpacks unless they fit in that bag. Pretty good to hear the ride sensors were working well though as they said when the bag hit the track it automatically shut down the ride.

Shouldn't it have caused the block brakes to kick in, meaning each train would be stationery? Surely block brakes all have catwalks and stairwells allowing people to get off the ride.

I would say one of the cars was at the end of the block brakes when they kicked in so it slowed it down but didn't have the time to stop it. this would of caused it to slow down and valley.

Doesn't work that way. If the train was at the point you describe, then that means its in the next block, so the next set of brakes grabs it.

All depends on the positioning of the coaster, For all we know it could have been a operator generated Estop. Which could have caused one of the trains to stop half way out of one of the brake trims who knows, it is very common for coasters to over and under park, this can also be the cause of a lot of minor system estops it may only be small but enough for the system to say hey something is wrong. Not every centimetre of that track is lined with a sensor, let alone a sensor to detect a item on the track, Correct me if im wrong but iv never heard of any sort of sensor system on track that detects if anything is on it, well on a coaster of that type at least. Our Gold Coast fire stations are trained and undergo regular briefings for Evacs on many of our parks attractions including some of our coasters. The one thing that always has to be taken into account is the fact that anything is possible, the day you turn around and say "oh that wont ever happen" chances are it probably will. As for California Screaming, you may take anything on with you, all smaller loose items can go in a black pouch in front of you, and as for bags each time i go over i usually just loop the shoulder straps around my legs so i don't have to worry about holding onto it.

Edited by S.Willie

Yup Blocks are designed so trains don't crash into each other, not that the train will coast and stop there no matter what. Id say the item tripped a proxy sensor causing the stop. The sensor wouldn't be specifically for loose articles.

Going on the video and some more information I have learnt from other websites is that a bag fell out of one of the cars and landed on the track and the Red train hit it just before the loop or on the loop (can't really) which caused the car to severely decelerate (due to it getting caught between the wheels and the track and acted as a brake) causing it to valley just after the loop.

Did you know.Disneyworld has its own fire station? So if a fire takes.hold they take care of it in house.and don't call an actual outside fire department. I thought that was interesting