Fright Nights 2011

aussienetman

post-1981-0-17434800-1313554842_thumb.pn

This October, Fright Nights will be returning to Warner Bros. Movie World and today I was able to get the inside scoop on the plans for 2011. While rumours have been floating around that this year’s event will be toned down for a more family friendly audience, Village Roadshow Theme Parks have informed me that this is definitely not the case. This year, Movie World will be ramping up the scares with a brand new Arkham Asylum Maze attraction and more street scares than ever before. With four themed mazes ( Zombie Apocalypse anyone?) Movie World is going all out to ensure that this year the frights will be bigger and better, and Parkz has an awesome Preview for all members. In conjunction with Warner Bros. Movie World, Parkz are excited to give members the opportunity to be one of the first to experience Fright Nights 2011. Within the next fortnight, Movie World will be opening the 2011 Saw Maze to a preview audience - us! Parks members will get to take a terrifying preview tour through the updated Maze and come face to face with the Jigsaw Killer and his fright crew in an event held at Movie World. Registration is essential. This Fright Night preview event is free to attend, however Movie World entry is not included. The event will be filmed by Warner Bros. Movie World to be used in marketing material for Fright Nights 2011 and by registering for this event you waive all rights etc in regards to the usage of your likeness and voice on film. Confirmation of the date and time will be updated here once confirmed with Warner Village Theme Parks. The event will be held on a weekday, most likely late afternoon within the next two weeks. If you would like to pre-register your interest in attending this event then please send me a private message. Further details will be forwarded to you once confirmed with Village Roadshow Theme Parks. Registration is open to all Parkz members, and you may register family/friends as well. I will need further information from you upon your pre-registration but this will be sent to you in a reply email. Places are strictly limited and as this event contains explicit horror scenes and experiences, it is not recommended for children under the age of 14 years. If you have any questions or comments about this event please post here, but please keep it positive. If you have comments that are negative then please send them to me in a private message and I will answer. I am hoping that this event will be the first of many for Parkz, and it is a big step in a great direction to further our relationship with the Theme Parks. Please also note that Richard has approved my discussions with VRTP. Fright Nights are sounding awesome again this year and I can't wait to see what Movie World have in store! Nathan ------------------------------------------------------ If you are a VIP Gold pass holder, you can reserve your free ticket at Fright Nights now! With strictly limited numbers each night, 2011 Fright Nights is sure to be a sell out. https://myfun.com.au/big3/Fright-nights.aspx For more information about Fright Nights search “Fright Nights” on Facebook and join the official page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Movie-World-Fright-Nights/111248155597515 If you prefer to scare your audience and fancy yourself a thespian, applications are now open for performers for Fright nights http://www.seek.com.au/Job/halloween-fright-night-performers-amp-actors/in/gold-coast-gold-coast/20346722 Always remember to stay tuned to Parkz.com.au for all the details when they come.

Edited by aussienetman

Hi All, I am not exaggerating when I say that I am receiving a lot of interest in my inbox about this event. For those of you that are sending messages about having friends etc coming along to this Preview, then they are more than welcome. I think it is fair to ask however, that they also become Parkz members. Parkz is an open community and your friends and family members are more than welcome to join in on the conversation. Even just by saying G'Day in the Introduce yourself thread here they will be contributing. If you haven’t sent me a message yet, and you are still keen to attend it is definitely not too late! Once the date and time is confirmed I will be asking each of you to re-confirm your availability. I expect a few people will be unavailable and there will be more than enough room for those who can (and will) attend. As I said previously, I hope that this event will not be the first that Parkz offers. This event is a prototype for future activities with our local Parks, and although spaces may be limited this time around, there is a possibility of higher capacity events in the future. In conclusion, get in on the conversations. Please don’t be a lurker. I joined this site and lurked for a while. but once I started posting I haven’t looked back. The more people getting involved in the Parkz community the better this place will be, and we may even be able to get better Parkz Perkz in the future. Nathan PS - Did you know you can share this thread on social media sites by clicking on the buttons just below here?

Edited by aussienetman

No ripcurl, as soon as I have it ill update Here and send the info to everyone. It will most likely be an afternoon session (430) on a weekday probably late this week. I won't have confirmation of this til I hear back from VRTP. Obviously Movie World need to clear this preview through multiple departments (show and ent, wardrobe, security ) so I'm not sure how much notice we will end up getting. Nate

Thanks everyone for your interest. I have recieved advice from VRTP that this preview will now take place mid-September. Not all of the effects will be in place prior to this date, so VRTP will be in touch with the confirmed dates within the next couple of weeks. Thanks to all who are interested and who have pre-registered. I will update in this thread once we have further confirmation. Nate

FRIGHT NIGHTS PREVIEW Wednesday 14th September 2011 415pm-530pm SAW MAZE PREVIEW PLUS A SPECIAL SURPRISE You WILL be filmed at this event and by attending you waive all rights to the usage of the footage. If you register for this event, you must ensure that you will attend. VRTP are being very generous to Parkz and I don't want these limited places to go to waste. Due to the extremely limited spaces this first event is for Active Parkz members only. At this stage I will take interest from everyone, but ultimatly it is Active Parkz members who will receive first preference. Registration will open Friday at 4pm for active members only (limit one pass per member) you need to send me a private message from 4pm (EST) in order to register your interest. If spaces remain open at this preview I will post here on Sunday night at 8pm. The first respondants will recieve one ticket each. This is the first event with VRTP and places are limited for a reason. I hope that there will be more events to come in the coming months so don't be to disheartened if you miss out this time around. If you have already sent me an email you will need to send a new one at your specified registration time. You will be notified by return email if you are succesful. Nathan

Edited by aussienetman

Ahh it's not that bad. I'm sure that you and Brad will be on best behaviour as will the Parkz members who attend. The Outsiders have had their own negotiations with VRTP in the lead up to this event and the allocation of tickets given to the Outsiders do not affect the Parkz qouta. It may be a little awkward for 2 minutes at the beginning but those that attend are there to have a good time, and I'm sure that you guys will be feeling the same way. I know that if I am able to attend I will be there to have an awesome time. I think we should focus on the positive outcomes here. VRTP are reaching out to Parkz by offering these events, regardless of whether other groups have negotiated to be involved or not. This is a good move for Parkz and is a step in a great direction towards creating more events for members to participate in. Parkz already has a a great "media" relationship with the Parks, and this new "event" relationship has to start somewhere. Looking forward to meeting the brains behind Outsiders Harrison. Hopefully I'll see you there. Nathan

Edited by aussienetman

Say what you want about the Outsiders, but they are clearly huge theme park fans, and if I were at Movie World and wanted to reach out to theme parks I'd have reached out to them as well as Parkz too. The only thing I don't like about them is all the advertising they do on the official face-book pages, but that's not a matter for me, and I'm sure Parkz members and the Outsiders can learn to coexist peacefully :)

More than just Outsiders and Parkz now. We just gave our 8 spare tickets away (10 total including myself & Harrison), but now there's Zendorphin (and from what I hear Thrillz and Thrill Zone too soon to come...). It will be like the most ever Australian enthusiasts in one spot. Right? Guess it should be good, everyone with a common interest.

The secrets out. On the night lucky guests will experience 2 mazes! The SAW maze and the brand new ARKHAM ASYLUM.

And you never know what other luck you might have either ;) Having said that obviously this is a PREVIEW event so attendees should be prepared that its a whole 2 weeks out from the event so there may be many finishing touches left to add around the place... Edited by djrappa

And a lot of attendees there will be... VRTP have definitly reached out to the Facebook fan pages with this event :) it should be an interesting night. I.have received a few messages here requesting tickets. The only fair way I can allocate the Parkz allocation is per my previous post. Send me a private message from 4pm Friday requesting a ticket. One per active member. Sorry if this does not fit with peoples schedules but I have to do this somehow. Given the amount of people invited to this event VRTP might be heading down a road where preview events for the fans may become the norm. This probably won't be the last chance you get to secure tickets to a preview event Nathan

Edited by aussienetman