Fright Nights 2011

aussienetman

How did you get the map

Politely asked them through email. I'm sure you'd get them through the gates on the actual night. Wouldn't want to be encouraging everyone to email them as it may annoy them, or maybe not. I've been collecting maps of theme parks for a while now and would like to read it before i go in the next week or so. ^_^

Can someone just get a shot of how busy main street is at some stage during the night. I want to go to these nights but my experience from going the first year put a damper on my hopes for these events. Way too many people admitted on the night and not enough happening to keep them busy.

Tonight was MUCH busier than last week. Didn't get a shot of Main Street, but everyone was there from 7:05 to about 7:50ish because of the storm. The storm meant all rides were shut but Scooby and the SAW and Zombie mazes were shot because apparently (according to the security guy blocking them off), the steel railings as queue lines are dangerous in storms. The SAW movie thingy in Roxy was full because there was nothing else to do. Scooby doo had about a 1.5 hour wait during the night, except after the Burlesque show when it died down.

Looking at the map I would have loved to have seen China Town turn into some scare zone area thing and have (if possible with OHS and everything) scare actors around WWF, or at least make it a little more spooky for Halloween. I went on it one year for Halloween and it was going through it at night was the perfect set up to do something more scary with it!!

Don't get me wrong, I think Fright Nights is an excellent event and definitely worth the money, but it wasn't as 'scary' as it was worked up to be. There were 3 or 4 actors for the whole of main street roaming around with a VERY limited number of actors in SAW. I still think it's a good night, just they could have given it that extra, I dont know, thrill? I agree with the China Town comment. My friend & I were walking through there in the rain and the atmosphere was like you were in a movie. All they needed was for one or two people to jump out from a corner in there and it'd be complete.

Is WWF open during Fright Nights? All rides close at 9 and then just mazes/club blood etc open from 9-11 is this correct??

It states on the Site "from 6:00pm - 11:00pm. SUPERMAN ESCAPE, BATWING Spaceshot and LETHAL WEAPON will operate from 6:00pm - 9:00pm with queues closing earlier based on attendance. All other attractions operate until 11:00pm *With the exception of the Wild West Falls and Kids’ WB Fun Zone which will not be operational.* Scooby doo will be open till 11pm or will close early depends on the queue! Scooby broke down 2 times yesterday night, Apparently some one stupid unlocked there own lapbar and they had to stop the ride and do a Evac! Bumper cars isnt operational as well so all their is for Wild West area is the Arkam maze! Once it hits 9pm all you have open is the Saw short film located in JTCOTE, Scooby and the 4 Mazes which is sad! Edited by Randy23

I went to the first night and was good but me and my girlfriend left around 9:30 because there was nothing really to do after that. The mazes were ok but i didn't go through the zombie one because the smoke alarm was going off. They really need more shows or more rides open to make the night complete.

I went last night, It was pretty busy. My first time at an australian fright night, i was impressed. Once the storm hit, main street was chaos. Everyone was looking for shelter. The Saw movie in the roxy theatre is boring. The Saw Maze is best. I recommend it out of them all. The smoke machines around the park make it look really cool, also they have a club/bar for over 18+ with a DJ. Fun Night

Is it running on the 30th? I just went to book some tickets and it's not listed but I could have sworn when I checked the other day it had the 30th listed. Also can you print the tickets off through email (like with ticketek and such) or do you have to pick them up/get them sent out?

Well I was there last night, second time I have been to Fright Nights. I was there two years ago and it seems to be totally toned down now... yes there is heaps of fog but there was almost no street actors last night to scare people. I think I spotted about 6 actors from main street to Saw. Batman Arkham Asylum was great alot of actors, loved the scarecrow from batman but I'm hoping that we use that costume for the batman show that is held on main street everyday as the current one is just a bag and really cheap looking. Also saw was great, 3d maze was just 3d but well done with a small amount of actors. Zombies was the one that failed the most as it was like what was at dreamworld a few years ago called freezer but only problem was it was huge at movieworld and there wasnt anyone to scare you inside, only a few people here and there just a long wait before you see anyone, so it was the biggest disappointment. Only got on two rides... one was lethal which is alot better at night and scooby at 10.30 as all other rides closed at 9pm so its hard to get alot done when its so busy. Overall it was a massive letdown and seem to be that its moved to family friendly. They have cut alot of the scare actors out and on top of the hours waits to get into all mazes and rides the queues are so boring as its just a line with security around no actors. rating 2/5 overall mazes 4/5 letdown by zombie rides 3/5 long lines 1 hrs plus actors 1/5 atmosphere 1/5 value 2/5

Edited by Flea
Added punctuation/grammar. Please ensure that your future posts are readable.

Is it running on the 30th? I just went to book some tickets and it's not listed but I could have sworn when I checked the other day it had the 30th listed. Also can you print the tickets off through email (like with ticketek and such) or do you have to pick them up/get them sent out?

30th maybe booked out as limited tickets was available. Tickets you can print them out. Youll get it from an email.

Woah, that's harsh ratings! Everyone's entitled to their own opinions though. This is how I would have rated it on the same scale as yours: rating 3.5 to 4/5 overall mazes 4/5 rides 3/5 actors 2.5/5 atmosphere 4/5 value 4.5/5 Last night was definitely one of the weaker nights. I think next year might be a bit better with the lines as Green Lantern might attract some of the lines.

but batman arkham asylum was great alot of actors loved the scarecrow from batman but im hoping that we use that costume for the batman show that is held on main street everyday as the current one is just a bag and really cheap looking

The costumes are on a strict licensing from Warner Bros so can be tricky to alter. Because Im asking why do the jokers need make up when they can use the one's from the parade. I put foward to one of the tech guys and said " The Arkam maze should get a Batman search light in the queue line so people can find it etc.

30th maybe booked out as limited tickets was available. Tickets you can print them out. Youll get it from an email.

Haha you know I just saw they tell you the dates up the top of the page, oh boy :) Great about the tickets, at least if I can't make it on the Monday night at least my friend can take someone else with no issues, thanks.

Well I was there last night, second time I have been to Fright Nights. I was there two years ago and it seems to be totally toned down now... yes there is heaps of fog but there was almost no street actors last night to scare people. I think I spotted about 6 actors from main street to Saw. Batman Arkham Asylum was great alot of actors, loved the scarecrow from batman but I'm hoping that we use that costume for the batman show that is held on main street everyday as the current one is just a bag and really cheap looking. Also saw was great, 3d maze was just 3d but well done with a small amount of actors. Zombies was the one that failed the most as it was like what was at dreamworld a few years ago called freezer but only problem was it was huge at movieworld and there wasnt anyone to scare you inside, only a few people here and there just a long wait before you see anyone, so it was the biggest disappointment. Only got on two rides... one was lethal which is alot better at night and scooby at 10.30 as all other rides closed at 9pm so its hard to get alot done when its so busy. Overall it was a massive letdown and seem to be that its moved to family friendly. They have cut alot of the scare actors out and on top of the hours waits to get into all mazes and rides the queues are so boring as its just a line with security around no actors. rating 2/5 overall mazes 4/5 letdown by zombie rides 3/5 long lines 1 hrs plus actors 1/5 atmosphere 1/5 value 2/5

I had to quote this whole post because serious WHAT EVENT WERE YOU AT? In no way is this years event toned DOWN from 2 years ago, it's the complete opposite. This is in no way a family friendly event and the actors and entertainment reflects this. I have attended fright nights for the last several years and this year is definitely the most adult so far and the amount of people I saw running screaming on main street says to me there are plenty of actors. I'm not sure what you are expecting but this is exactly like the number 1 halloween event which is Universal in Orlando. Except there you have more than 1 hour waits for EVERY maze all night. I think the mistake people make is they hit the mazes first and then miss out on time for the rides they want to see. The event runs till 11 pm so why not do the mazes after the rides shut? I know I cannot fit everything I would want to do at the event in one night, so maybe your're missing some of what it has to offer.