Sea World Jet Stunt Extreme!

aussienetman

Hi Everyone! Here is a behind the scenes look at Sea World's new show "Jet Stunt Extreme" This looks really really good!!! I can't wait for Summer at Sea World. I want to see Spongebob on a jetski! haha.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67KAS-xH20 Thoughts? ------------------------------------------- Like Sea World on Facebook

Edited by aussienetman

This and the old ski show would be a nice combination. Shame.. Looks good though :)

I agree Keadz...surely Seaworld management can see now that the Pirate show that replaced the venerated Ski show was a complete mistake. This is hopefully a step back in the right direction. Fingers crossed, they understand the importance of replacing Bermuda Triangle with a ride that that will be just as iconic and loved. In recent years Seaworld has lost rides such as The Pirate Ship, The Seaworld Train (which I really hope resumes running again-not sure this is possible though?), Thrillseeker and of course Bermuda.This imbalance in rides versus attractions really needs to be rectified as the park IMHO needs one or two major rides to fully complement its lineup and make it an all day park once again.

They really need to stop building attractions and start building rides. I have that many friends that chose to skip Sea World because of its lack of rides they would much rather spend there time at Dreamworld or movieworld (also same applies here for MW just not as much).

Is the Pirate closed becuse in that video the pirate ship is gone. If so has the pirate ship moved back to where it original placed.

Pirates Unleashed has ceased. Their last show was on 20 July which says to me they were on a 2 year contract (exact 2 years to the day that the ski show finished). I doubt it would be moved back to its original spot anytime soon. It is probably being moored near the back of the ski lake opposite Sesame Street Beach for the time being (see left hand side in this pic from 2 years ago).

It seems that Sea World are putting in a bit more effort for Jet Stunt Extreme this time. The show starting in September appears to include a rail slide and a pretty steep ramp (pictured below) which should allow them to get a lot of air. I enjoyed the show when it was on trial last summer and I am sure that these additions will provide an even better, more rounded show. 321145_113925015375073_110615549039353_69659_4652074_n.jpg http://www.facebook....113925015375073 Also, with Pirates Unleashed cancelled, is Jet Stunt Extreme going to become a permanent show or just a holiday thing?

Even though this isn't a ski show, which is ultimately what I want to see take over that space, this is such a huge step up from Pirates Unleashed and I'm really pleased to see this show go in. Pirates Unleashed was a flawed concept right from the start, and I'm amazed that it was allowed to go on as long as it did. I should point out that some of the Sea World staff rewrote the show after it's initial bad reviews, and it was a better show for it, and the effort and skill of the performers can't be questioned, but the concept itself was just embarrassing. I mean a show featuring break dancing pirates? Really? The other main stunt in the show being high diving? That's all well and good but the show it replaced featured a guy jumping off a 10 meter tower and then barefooting around the lake. I think that's got the jumping off a mast thing beat. I guess the biggest thing for me is it didn't fit the venue, it was a really small show in a really big venue. I think this might be part of the reason this type of show worked at Wonderland, yet was so woeful on the Gold Coast. When you break it down, the performances were always solid, and the writing was pretty good despite the concept. Perhaps had they put it in a smaller venue (the endeavor lagoon as it was originally for example), then maybe the show would have worked, but as a replacement for Sea World's signature entertainment offering, it was just a sad depressing wreck of a show, and I'm not sad to see it go. Jett Stunt Extreme is a welcome change and I can't wait till September :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Caught the show today. It seems to have really expanded out into something that everyone wants to see. Mitch, the same host from the dolphin show, was hosting. It was funny to see what a costume change and an attitude adjustment can do to alter his 'persona'. They had a team of girls doing some dancing when the show began. This was followed by the introduction to the riders, a salute to the early days of jet ski stunts, a showcase of tricks, before they held a competition to choose their best rider. Still in love with that jet pack.

post-2597-0-56769500-1420803372_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-34669500-1420803401_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-23857800-1420803426_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-59699800-1420803447_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-68157000-1420803472_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-98748400-1420803490_thumb.jp