2012 International Additions

themeparkgc

video Here's another coaster that just opened. Its a Zierer family coaster called Polar X-Plorer at Legoland Billund. It features a vertical drop track section like Thirteen and Verbolten. Looks pretty fun!

Wow I'm surprised that thing made it back to the station. Was someone pushing it? Edited by reanimated35

Wow I'm surprised that thing made it back to the station. Was someone pushing it?

Yeah I did think it was going a bit too slow at the end. It would've been good if the free fall element started higher up so the drop out of the mountain would give it enough speed to continue a fun ride. I will admit the theming in the rides drop section was a huge letdown, the only theming in there is a screen.

SkyRush from Hershey park is one coaster that looks really good and there are now videos surfacing of it testing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPSY658VhI&feature=player_embedded Heres another one, seriously this ride looks really awesome!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIGfuaASMY&feature=player_embedded I also wanted to include a Verbolten video, but it won't let me embed more than 2 videos so you'll just have to click the link

its an offical video from Busch Gardens about the testing of the ride and it looks like a really neat coaster. However, to my surprise its not an Intamin coaster like I had been thinking all along, instead its a Zierer coaster, the same manufacture of Polar X-Plorer at Legoland Billund Edited by Original

I don't know if a parade includes in this topic but it is a '2012 International Addition'. The new Superstar Parade at Universal Studios Florida had it's first show (sneak peek) yesterday. You can see in the parade that they've done the same thing as Sea World Australia has done with the new Spongebob Squarepants costume with the moveable hands, but with bigger eyes. They've also invested into a new Dora the Explorer costume and brought out some new Despicable Me and Hop character costumes. Although even with all these new things the parade was kinda awkward as there was no interaction with guests and none of the characters spoke, just danced to music. Here's some videos on Youtube of the parade at both sides of the road, as you cannot see some characters from one side.

post-2699-0-16415100-1339660450_thumb.jppost-29097-0-70638000-1339911385_thumb.j

They both look fun. Will say either of those built in one of the parks here would get me back more often. To give an idea of visiting the parks based on attractions last time I was at Dreamworld was December, Movie World March. Either of these two coasters at Dreamworld instead of Buzzcut would have seen me back there sooner. Levithan may be trimmed but I will say visually it is a nice looking ride and something I wouldn't complain about seeing down here. Shambhala does have its interesting looking "&" curve though. Major additions it seems this year looks to be year of the B&M. Looking forward to a non-B&M coaster in Manta at SW San Diego, layout looks good and damn the trains look great.

I just don't get why then put in Levithan at all. They already have another extremely similar coaster. Would something that's just really a variation on something they have generate the demand to justify the outlay? Interesting with all the wingriders being built if they will keep their appeal as their difference will be lost with so many parks having them. For me it's all about Cars Land with Radiator Springs Racers probably being the most elaborate/expansive ride ever built. Disney is back and anyone who says the land doesn't live up to Disneysea is just full of shit :)

Lol there we go, here I was thinking it was just Mice Chat that had silly complainers. Exactly where has that land been cut back? Simply beyond the scale and scope that any other company could imagine building (and yes potter land doesn't even touch it), but there are always those that will be all 'look how much they've cheaped out.'

Edited by djrappa

I just don't get why then put in Levithan at all. They already have another extremely similar coaster. Would something that's just really a variation on something they have generate the demand to justify the outlay?

I agree it's a bit odd to have two B&M megacoasters in the park, though I'm not sure the general public realizes, or cares. But I would've preferred to see Leviathan at a different Cedar Fair park.

Lol there we go, here I was thinking it was just Mice Chat that had silly complainers. Exactly where has that land been cut back? Simply beyond the scale and scope that any other company could imagine building (and yes potter land doesn't even touch it), but there are always those that will be all 'look how much they've cheaped out.'

I've always found Westcoaster and its humour to it all in perspective. Back on topic of 2012 addition Verbolten is currently running some soft opens and from the reviews people are really loving the ride. One new fact about the ride now is that the dark ride consists of 3 different "stories" 'Spirit of the Forest' 'Thunderstorm' and one that pays homage to 'The Big Bad Wolf' the ride that Verbolten replaced! Edited by Original

^Thirteen was very ordinary, I rode it once and that was enough, Nemesis on the other hand... I'm really impressed with Verbolten, there's already a few POV floating around, looks like fun. With all these new B & M hypers which are at least are bigger than what they usually do, I wonder if the ride experience will be all that different from their other hypers which are smooth with floaty airtime. Skyrush really intersts me, I'm looking forward to seeing if it has the classical Intamin ejector airtime. Next month I'll get to check out Oz'Iris which looks like a good variation on the standard B & M Invert layout & Wodan, which I expect will be like most other GCI's - not that there's anything wrong with that. I've haven't been to Dreamworld since 2003, that's how much I think of their new additions. I almost went just before Christmas, but I got a freebie for MW & went there instead.

I just don't get why then put in Levithan at all. They already have another extremely similar coaster. Would something that's just really a variation on something they have generate the demand to justify the outlay? Interesting with all the wingriders being built if they will keep their appeal as their difference will be lost with so many parks having them. For me it's all about Cars Land with Radiator Springs Racers probably being the most elaborate/expansive ride ever built. Disney is back and anyone who says the land doesn't live up to Disneysea is just full of shit :)

Having ridden Leviathan and Behemoth over 10 times last Saturday, I can confirm the ride experiences are nothing alike. Leviathan is all about height & speed, while Behemoth is about the airtime.

That's all well and good but from a marketing perspective how do you get that message out to get people in to ride it? Do the general public really see the difference? I'm not arguing I'm just curious as to that market...

Teaser for Universal Studios Singapore new attraction

Apparently Sesame Street is coming to Singapore. Oscar the Grouch trash can, "sunny days" is from the theme song, and the video shows the New York land in the park. Just read a rumor of an Elmo themed dark ride also in the New York land. Edited by aussienetman

Teaser for Universal Studios Singapore new attraction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zcbi3hoh04&feature=youtu.be Apparently Sesame Street is coming to Singapore. Oscar the Grouch trash can, "sunny days" is from the theme song, and the video shows the New York land in the park. Just read a rumor of an Elmo themed dark ride also in the New York land.

Is that even legit? Also, if it was to be Sesame Street, why would it be one mans trash, and another's treasure? Why would they be dumping plastic bags in the bin? It doesn't look like Oscar's bin either. Doesn't make much sense. Edited by kujotess