2012 International Additions

themeparkgc

I had completely forgotten about that at HKDL, but it looks freakin awesome! I think it's better than everest just from the video (and having ridden everest). And I recon that Premier coaster is exactly what dreamworld should have gotten.

And it manages the reverse drop much better rather than stopping for an eternity. Love that little detail where the cable is shown to be snapping.

Due to them using a cable lift this time I'd say. In one of the testing videos you can see the cable car returning to its starting position after releasing the train.

Big Grizzly Mountain has opened at HKDL now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwqcx-aGzN8 I reckon this has tipped it and I'll seriously start looking at a trip there now.

Looks awesome! I'm stopping in Hong Kong for a 8 hour layover on the way back to Australia from UK next Thursday. I'm going to be begging my mum to take me to Disneyland now! EDIT: Wait, the website says it isn't opening until July the 14th? Was the POV filmed in a media preview or something? Edited by alex_1

Looks awesome! I'm stopping in Hong Kong for a 8 hour layover on the way back to Australia from UK next Thursday. I'm going to be begging my mum to take me to Disneyland now!

HKDL is actually only a 5 minute taxi ride (when your taxi driver has a speed camera detector installed and doesn't obey the speed limits) from HK airport - they're both on an island separate to HK island. If you have 8 hours spare - make the trip (even if this little beauty isn't open yet) as there is still a lot of worthwhile stuff to see and do.

Precisely. While I love the Disneyland spur line (and the trains look fantastic!) - if you've only got 8 hours, a taxi is FAR more reliable - and those guys are insanely fast. The stretch of highway between Disney and the Airport has about 20 speed cameras on it... but they only ever switch on a couple of them at a time - the taxi drivers know this - and have detectors fitted in their cars.... they'll fly along at 140+, and as soon as the detector beeps, they just slow right down (as does almost every other car on the road) it's just the 'done thing' over there.

Trains to the airport are definitely possible - but you would have had to have changed trains at Sunny Bay as the Disney Trains cannot enter the 'main lines' and no 'main line trains' enter the Disney spur. Like Gazza said - Tsing Yi is your best option interchange wise for getting to the airport - and it's a very roundabout way of getting there. It may be cheaper with an octopus card, but the Taxis are far quicker.

Grizzly looks great, I was just in Hong Kong less than half a day ago, but I didn't have time to check out Disneyland while on layover to at least have a look. Rode OzIris last week, a fairly solid B & M with a unique layout, though it's nowhere near Montu or Nemesis, and I'd have it behind the one Flight Deck I've been on. The theming was excellent, especially the queue. The hilarious thing about Parc Asterix is that Goudrix had a 2-3 hour line, almost everything had monster lines. Also rode Wodan, which is a pretty solid GCI, though nothing surprising.

Edited by downunder