2012 International Additions

themeparkgc

All reports point to it being a zero G roll, awesome!

I think its safe to say its not a zero-G - check out the support struts which will connect to the next piece of track. All the folks over at TPR are currently debating what will the element be called or if it can be classified as an inversion 557135_10151884726330576_890298164_n.jpg

I'm personally inclined to call this an overbank rather than an inversion, but either way it'll kick ass. To be honest, if Thorpe Park can get away with calling the Swarm's Inclined Loop/Helix an inversion when it doesn't even come close to going upside down then I'll accept the element on the woodie being called an inversion.

Why won't grizzly be open other Alex?

Because I went to Disneyland yesterday and it opens on the 13th.

And I just find it funny that people are getting butthurt over Giant Drop finally losing it's record after 13 and a half years. Just saying...

mostly because they (Six Flags) Already have enough records and they are constantly trying to take everything that Dreamworld does and making it slightly bigger. It is slightly damaging for the parks as it means that Dreamworld doesn't get promotion because its the records, Records mean more to a small park then a big park. For smaller parks it gives them something for people who have never heard of the park to help them discover the park. For example a park with no records would get minimal tourist numbers for overseas for those who don't do tons of research or are from Asia (with most tourist being on tours). If a small park has a record it will be on TV and can be seen on the internet more often because people around the world talk about it. Six Flags on the other hand has tons of records already and is already a well know park and is far from small. They should stop trying to get records and try and fix up the dump of a park it is (look at westcoaster and TPR during the last West Coast Bash). Also SF has done everything Dreamworld has done recently. Such as reversal of the car, refurbishment and now an almost identical version (although crappier theming) of the Giant Drop.

(although crappier theming) of the Giant Drop.

They both have crappy theming. You go to GD and its a shed with random foam theming stuck on the sides, and the inside queue is just a cage with loose bits of wire etc stuck to the wall. +1 About the butthurt. Why should SF even care about some small park on the other side of the world. They took records from Cedar Point too. SF taking the shine from Dreamworld by building a tall drop ride = Bad MW taking the shine from Dreamworld by building a better coaster last year = Good? :wacko:

. Why should SF even care about some small park on the other side of the world. They took records from Cedar Point too.

Not caring about the park only caring about records. I have a strong dislike for SF because they are a company with a lot of financial issues yet they treat guests like crap, can't keep buildings from falling apart and can't even run half of their parks at all.

Other than Universal, who do you like?

Well, smaller operators, Cedar Fair, Sometimes Disney (When they have their act together such as in Carsland.), Universal, Dreamworld, I used to enjoy MW but after all the changes in the last few years I lost interest in them. Seaworld (US), and the Merlin parks. I don't want to comment on any others as I have not been to them.

You lost intrest in Movie World after the changes in the past few years? So you lost intrest in Movie World when they released the new Green Lantern Coaster, Arkham Asylum re-theme, New Justice League ride coming September, New parades now with plots to them unlike back around 2007 when it was just music etc etc... Please explain to me why that made you lose intrest in it.

You lost intrest in Movie World after the changes in the past few years? So you lost intrest in Movie World when they released the new Green Lantern Coaster, Arkham Asylum re-theme, New Justice League ride coming September, New parades now with plots to them unlike back around 2007 when it was just music etc etc... Please explain to me why that made you lose intrest in it.

Well Green Lantern is not up to MW standards and is basically a car park coaster, Arkham Asylum is just LW with a different style of pain with added wallpaper. The Justice league should and looks like it will give me a good impression of MW again. I don't care about parades as long as there is one as it means the lines for the rides goes down. I lost interest because they replaced PA with a generic copy of LMA from DHS (only not as good). Closing down LTRR with no replacement for years, Plus with the disappointments that were GL and AA. Dreamworld on the other hand has done things differently. Sure the coaster wasn't that great but at least it had a lot more theming then both of the MW attractions. Plus their is the Dreamworks additions.