2012 International Additions

themeparkgc

At the same time DW closed Skylink, Eureka, Paddlesteamer so I don't think one park can be favoured over the other, on that reasoning.... I'm meh on the issue.... DW bagging? That is so 2006.

Well Eureka is understandable as it was a safety issue and involved high cost the get it fixed. I believe that the Paddlesteamer was not retired but is being planned for another use very soon. The Skylink well it was really not much of an attraction or a ride only a method to get from one side of the park to the other.

Why can't we make concessions for closures MW have done then? It's like, I get the impression with DW it's a case of saying " well they had their reasons" or "the attraction was pointless (why did they build it in the first place then?)" But if MW suddenly does the same thing it's cos they are evil or it's a cost cutting measure? Why are the constraints either face any different? Meh, I'll probably get some weaseling response that flies in the face of the blatantly obvious anyway. Green Lantern is a car park coaster? Isn't Buzzsaw a helipad coaster? (go look at the ground when there) with car park views? Again, I don't get why we can draw these identical comparisons, but out of it, it is concluded DW is good, but MW is magically at the other end of the spectrum? They're turning the paddlesteamer into a static floating thing. How is that better than taking a lap on it, or it having a bushranger show? Just trying to get a grip on the situation. Like I said, it's kinda BS to call one out, but not the other

Why can't we make concessions for closures MW have done then? It's like, I get the impression with DW it's a case of saying " well they had their reasons" or "the attraction was pointless (why did they build it in the first place then?)" But if MW suddenly does the same thing it's cos they are evil or it's a cost cutting measure? Why are the constraints either face any different?

For instance the river ride was in working order and having a statement saying closed for an exciting new attraction. It was not a roller coaster, it was a boat ride, so the issues were not likely as bad because it can be fixed by almost any company, whereas Eureka was made by a company that had gone out of business so therefore parts needed to fix the ride would of needed to be custom made which is quite expensive. If they say that the ride closed due to issues with the ride all would be fine. The thing about it is they say closed for an exciting new attraction and yet its been years since it closed. The situation is made worse by Sea World also doing the exact same thing, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth about the companies operating practices.

Green Lantern is a car park coaster? Isn't Buzzsaw a helipad coaster? (go look at the ground when there) with car park views? Again, I don't get why we can draw these identical comparisons, but out of it, it is concluded DW is good, but MW is magically at the other end of the spectrum?

Yes they are both built in a similar area (both right near the car park, but they are both completly different. Buzzsaw does not feel like a six flags coaster, it has theming, All GL is, is a roller coaster with bare ground underneath with audio that doesn't work more then half the time. At least everything works on Buzzsaw works. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

so the issues were not likely as bad because it can be fixed by almost any company,

I don't know about you but I personally doubt that "almost any company" can fix problems with RR's millions of dollars worth of animatronics. And I understand your gripe with theming on Green Lantern, but, here's a hint: Green Lantern is an enjoyable ride, Buzzsaw is not, theming enthralls you once and once only, a great thrill ride is what counts in the long run.

it was a boat ride, so the issues were not likely as bad because it can be fixed by almost any company,

My local baker couldn't fix it. My local plumber couldn't fix it. Checked with my boss, the bank can't fix it. My local car yard couldn't fix it. I could go on but I really cbf, point is, your post is bullshit.

I am talking about now. Not when it first opened, all rides have issues at opening, just look at Despicable Me at UO. It has animation issues. MW on the other hand still have not fixed the audio on GL 7 months after opening. Have any of you learnt not to take things exactly as they are read. Of course not every company, I didn't think I would of needed to include companies that were in particular industry, I thought you would of been smart enough to figure that out, but I guess I was wrong.

I don't know about you but I personally doubt that "almost any company" can fix problems with RR's millions of dollars worth of animatronics. And I understand your gripe with theming on Green Lantern, but, here's a hint: Green Lantern is an enjoyable ride, Buzzsaw is not, theming enthralls you once and once only, a great thrill ride is what counts in the long run.

All Opinion. Most people still find Buzzsaw very enjoyable. Now can we end this as no one on this forum will ever agree to this but it is an opinion I have gathered over the years. I don't just look at what is currently in the park or what has been in the park but also the people they run it and how they run it. Edited by Cruiseshipfan

What half the things I have said are fact

"half" constitutes for quite a lot of things. If you hadn't gone on the big rant about LTRR being closed because you apparently know all the ins and outs of the industry and how easy it is to fix a boat darkride with dozens of animatronics figures maybe people would believe your opinion is not a creation of your own skewed bias. We don't know anything about the justice League ride yet, it's going to be in the Batman building which hasn't been repainted or modified in any way (Since you love theming so much) and even all the crew knows about it is it will be Toy Story Mania with DC comics characters, it's pretty obvious you're just using your hype for what may be a fun attraction to drag attention away from other things. Edited by BemaniAK

What if with River Ride there was an issue with the rockwork (which hangs over the guests) and that would have cost millions to fix? Is that excusable? What if there is a structural or foundation problem with the building? Not that there is anyway of knowing, but you don't know why River Ride closed, so being angry at that, yet being ok with Eureka seems a little biased to me. According to the ever reliable rumormill; the river ride (which was old and due for retirement) was meant to be the home of the Justice League ride, but since Batman was old and also due for retirement and the ride they had in mind was a better fit for that part if the park, they built it there instead. The reality to me seems to be that both rides were due for closure and they replaced Batman first.

What if with River Ride there was an issue with the rockwork (which hangs over the guests) and that would have cost millions to fix? Is that excusable? What if there is a structural or foundation problem with the building? Not that there is anyway of knowing, but you don't know why River Ride closed, so being angry at that, yet being ok with Eureka seems a little biased to me. According to the ever reliable rumormill; the river ride (which was old and due for retirement) was meant to be the home of the Justice League ride, but since Batman was old and also due for retirement and the ride they had in mind was a better fit for that part if the park, they built it there instead. The reality to me seems to be that both rides were due for closure and they replaced Batman first.

I said a while back if MW came out and said that it was closed due to maintenance issues that required heavy cost, I wouldn't mind but no they came out and said "closed to make way for an exciting new attraction." Even here is a quote from my post.

If they say that the ride closed due to issues with the ride all would be fine.

Eureka stood for at least 12 months, and then disappeared off the park maps and maintenance schedules. The only reason we know that it was a safety issue was because months down the track, someone emailed Dreamworld PR and that was the answer given. Why should a park explain why they do something? It's their park... if it proves universally unpopular, the gates will tell them, and they'll change it.

mostly because they (Six Flags) Already have enough records and they are constantly trying to take everything that Dreamworld does and making it slightly bigger. It is slightly damaging for the parks as it means that Dreamworld doesn't get promotion because its the records, Records mean more to a small park then a big park. For smaller parks it gives them something for people who have never heard of the park to help them discover the park. For example a park with no records would get minimal tourist numbers for overseas for those who don't do tons of research or are from Asia (with most tourist being on tours). If a small park has a record it will be on TV and can be seen on the internet more often because people around the world talk about it. Six Flags on the other hand has tons of records already and is already a well know park and is far from small. They should stop trying to get records and try and fix up the dump of a park it is (look at westcoaster and TPR during the last West Coast Bash). Also SF has done everything Dreamworld has done recently. Such as reversal of the car, refurbishment and now an almost identical version (although crappier theming) of the Giant Drop.

How many times has Six Flags taken something Dreamworld has and made it slightly bigger? Once, with Lex Luthor. And no, Superman Escape from Krypton does not count as both rides were announced, planned and built almost at the same time. TOT simply opened first.

Well the best they could do is not say anything

For the sake of your argument, maybe, but what about for actual people? Would you prefer to walk in a park, have your favourite ride closed, and have no idea why? The building is empty, so naturally it *will* make way for a new attraction at some point in the future, when I see that, I know it's closed for good, I know that something will be replacing it, and if they sit on it for a few years, will it really bother me? No, why would it? What would make me mad is walking in the park, seeing a big closed sign on my favourite ride, and having to waste my time finding out if/when, it will be reopening.

For the sake of your argument, maybe, but what about for actual people? Would you prefer to walk in a park, have your favourite ride closed, and have no idea why? The building is empty, so naturally it *will* make way for a new attraction at some point in the future, when I see that, I know it's closed for good, I know that something will be replacing it, and if they sit on it for a few years, will it really bother me? No, why would it? What would make me mad is walking in the park, seeing a big closed sign on my favourite ride, and having to waste my time finding out if/when, it will be reopening.

Well the average tourist in Australia travels to the Gold Coast every few years. The ride has been down for years. I think they will notice that.

Well the average tourist in Australia travels to the Gold Coast every few years. The ride has been down for years. I think they will notice that.

And? How does that relate to my point? Delays with utilizing empty space that once housed an attraction are worse than closing down an attraction with absolutely no indication of why it's down, if it's gone for good, when it will be coming back, if it's a refurb or maintenance job, or if they're revamping the entire thing? Edited by BemaniAK